Virus

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
ok im not the most experiences when it comes to computers but having a slight problem, i cant turn my comp on now without it being in safe mode (i get this blue screen and basically it says the comp is doing some memory dump and to sort it i must turn the comp on in safe mode), which restricts what you can do. before this started i had got an msn virus which screwed my msn up and i didn't get round to fixing it.

but basically ive got a anti virus but i cant run it n install it while im in safe mode and when i try to turn on normally i just get blue screen again.

so i either need some anti virus that can be ran in safe mode or someway of sorting it out. but most of you know more than me when it comes to this sort of thing so any help would be great.

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
the anti virus i have wont allow me to install it while in safe mode, and i cant get on the comp in normal mode. ill giv it a go now anyways.

mapadale

the anti virus i have wont allow me to install it while in safe mode, and i cant get on the comp in normal mode. ill giv it a go now anyways.
If it wont allow you to run it in safe mode, then i would sugest getting a better virus protection.

All software should allow you to install via safemode.

seifer997

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2003
i doubt its a virus now if u've got the blue screen, best bet is to Transfer any importent data 2 CD and Reformat if that does'nt work then unfortuntly its a hardware problem

seifer997

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2003
however in my past Blue Screen off death means hardware failure or close 2

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
yeah well just running comp in safe mode while i sort out enuff room to put all my files n films on my bros comp then ill be formating computer.