Vista users...

Join Discord

ρяєα¢нєя

Unstookie Titled
VIP
Aug 19, 2008
Hi everyone,

I've recently upgraded (If you can call it that) to Windows Vista (Through no choice of my own i'd like to add), and for some reason Mir just doesn't want to run for me, litrally tried everything to get it working, done all of the Virus exceptions, run as Administrator etc, etc, etc

I boot it up and it just sits there with this screen, doing nothing...

Just wondering if anyone had the same problem when they "upgraded" to Vista, and if so how they fixed it.

Cheers

p

liammc10

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Yea i had same problem and just messed and messed and got it working in the end. Patched a 2,3 and 1,9 together and it worked remarkeably. May work for you give it a go :).

Upvote 0

ρяєα¢нєя

Unstookie Titled
VIP
Aug 19, 2008
Yea i had same problem and just messed and messed and got it working in the end. Patched a 2,3 and 1,9 together and it worked remarkeably. May work for you give it a go :).

Any idea what you took from where? Cheers.

if you can run vista, get 7

Ye get windows 7 m8, can download it for like £18.

Very poor at the moment, uni exspences taking their toll, so can't afford it at the moment. I have got a cracked version ready for download, but because of the noob below the RapidShare account i use has been suspended!

Chuck your pc out the window and **** on it/urinate on it.

Cheers brosive, defo give this one a try a bit later. You based this on any tests or just a hunch? Sort out the RapidShare account yea...!

p

Upvote 0

sumfuka

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 14, 2007
right click properties, run as admin on the shortcut.
nvr had any problems running it while i was on vista

Upvote 0

ρяєα¢нєя

Unstookie Titled
VIP
Aug 19, 2008
right click properties, run as admin on the shortcut.
nvr had any problems running it while i was on vista

ρяєα¢нєя;720998 said:
done all of the Virus exceptions, run as Administrator etc, etc, etc

Tried that. Thanks anyway.

not got a microsoft accademy account?

Not as far as i'm aware? How do i go about getting one of them?

p

Upvote 0

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Run windows updates, Make sure you have all your drivers installed and upto date, also you could grab direct x if its not already pre installed, goto your anti virus and firewalls and allow the exe,

But yeh as said above windows 7 is definatly a win.

Upvote 0

Chris22

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
ρяєα¢нєя;720998 said:
Hi everyone,

I've recently upgraded (If you can call it that) to Windows Vista (Through no choice of my own i'd like to add), and for some reason Mir just doesn't want to run for me, litrally tried everything to get it working, done all of the Virus exceptions, run as Administrator etc, etc, etc

I boot it up and it just sits there with this screen, doing nothing...

Just wondering if anyone had the same problem when they "upgraded" to Vista, and if so how they fixed it.

Cheers

p

Disable "User Account Controls".

Not 100% but win7 would not run mir without this turned off, in fact in win 7 it wouldnt let sql install.

It basically restricts some programs and apps from installing or running without you giving permission for them to run, sometimes on old programs and apps like mir that dont support it, instead of asking you, it just crashes :banghead:

UAC has only been on vista and win7 so this is prolly your best bet.

Good luck :thumbup2:

Upvote 0

ρяєα¢нєя

Unstookie Titled
VIP
Aug 19, 2008
Disable "User Account Controls".

Not 100% but win7 would not run mir without this turned off, in fact in win 7 it wouldnt let sql install.

It basically restricts some programs and apps from installing or running without you giving permission for them to run, sometimes on old programs and apps like mir that dont support it, instead of asking you, it just crashes :banghead:

UAC has only been on vista and win7 so this is prolly your best bet.

Good luck :thumbup2:

Upgraded from Vista to 7, and it all sorted itself out. :)

Thanks for all the help.

p

Upvote 0