Vista

smoochy boys on tour

demonx

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 4, 2004
England
Im running Vista Ultimate 64bit and i can run mir2.3/1.9 perfectly fine :]] apart from some ingame lagg i seem to get on every server, no idea what thats about :S

mapadale

Basic is utter crap and is missing about 70% of the usefull stuff that you need to run certain programs.

Premium and ultimate will both run and play Mir, how ever if you want to run a Mir server I would sugest using the server edition of Vista which is longhorn. Also you may find that you need to install cetain services on vista also, as alot of services have been disabled. So need to re-enable them.

02goswej

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 12, 2004
United Kingdom
There is only one solution to make sure that you can run everything.....get away from the 3d plastic tacky crap untill a service pack comes out and get XP :P

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
What a load of crap. vista does run mir i think you find you just need to make sure your firewalls are allowing the exe to run.

I have ultimate and premium and they both work.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
why have you got basic? you only use basic when your ram is below 1gb, as it doesnt have aero on it. and is probably why mir wont run, coz you dont have enough ram for vista and a game lol. iv got business and it runs fine.

so premium, business, and ultimate all work with mir. just basic which doesnt. thats odd :P

Stickly

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 17, 2005
I have just got a new Laptop with Vista Prem 64bit, I know 90% of MMORPGs I have tryed dose not seem to be compatibale with 64bit yet, only the 32bit addition will work. Maybe thats your problem. If it can run with the 64bit I may have to return to mir :O

mapadale

This is plain simple english and I hope that everyone understands this.

Vista prem/ulti does run Mir, infact it runs both. Vista Basic how ever runs nothing as its crap and is as is basic OS.

Also Most MMORPG will run on a 64bit OS also - You need to read the manual on how to get these working correctly.

FreeHeals / FlameOn

LOMCN Supporter
Supporter
Dedicated Member
Dec 19, 2004
my mates haveing the same problem

is there nothing you can do ie install something / enable something / kill vista ??

HeadHunter

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 18, 2007
Stoke, UK
This is plain simple english and I hope that everyone understands this.

Vista prem/ulti does run Mir, infact it runs both. Vista Basic how ever runs nothing as its crap and is as is basic OS.

Also Most MMORPG will run on a 64bit OS also - You need to read the manual on how to get these working correctly.
And the story of the day is to read the manual and not just look at the pictures:bbcguy:

well theres one thing to sum up this thread....and ive made a picture for the conclusion

Have always loved that picture :P

/Head

folz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 14, 2007
:| I'm on Vista Prem, all games run fine sept for mir 1.9 ... Mir 1.4 + 2.3 run fine but i go onto mir 1.9 and all my screen moves when i run and i get a funny txt >.<

mapadale

superboof

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 25, 2005
get Norm sql 2000 and get 2005 to run in the background i had a server on vista