VMWare and 3.55

CheekyVimto

It's my Precious!
Veteran
Mar 8, 2005
Just a quick question to all, I've been in the Mir3 Field awhile now, and I want to release a helpful tool for all new server hosts. But I've run into somewhat of a problem.

Hoping those that read this have some experience with VMWare

I've installed windows XP Pro SP2 (with integrated decemeber 2007 updates)
Installed all needed language packs
set to chinese prc for the armadillo patch

Loaded the patch, entered the serial.

Serials gets accepted, and then instantly after this says I need to re-enter it.

Has anyone else had this issue, and more importantly how to fix it?

I plan on releasing a completely setup version of the 3.55 files on a VHDD so all future hosters will have to do is install VMWare and the attach the drive.

/cheeky

Dumachi

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 18, 2007
Romania
yeah its a hardware problem, i dont think its what OS your using, i tryed it on a advanced server, did the same to me, couldnt find a way around it.

Upvote 0

Hazuki

VIP
VIP
Apr 14, 2004
United Kingdom
When virtually hosting systems the Hardware ID changes everytime you reboot the machine, this is why Holley wont run, as it links the activation code via the hardware ID. The program I posted allows you too import the same hardware ID or copy current ones, Ive used this program with other programs that use Hardware IDs and it works fine, so should work with Mir3.

/Haz

Upvote 0

Dair

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 7, 2012
NewSID doesn't work on VPS with VWMare software. Can't crack CruelDragon with Armadilo patch.. :( anyone help ?

Upvote 0

wbrian

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 31, 2007
This thread is 5 years old.

And? No solution so its better to ask a question in this one than make another topic about same thing imo.

@topic
Ive tried to make server on VM too and couldnt pass by same thing as u or other ppl in this thread. U can try VirtualBox but i cant tell if it will work fine.

Upvote 0