VNC servers

smoochy boys on tour

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
I'm trying to set up VNC on a computer, I've installed it and am just wondering how I go about connecting to it from another PC elsewhere? Is it as simple as typing in the public IP of the first computer using VNC viewer, or do I need to set something else up?

Obviously the easy way to check would be to go home and try it myself but I'm not home til tomorrow and I wanna get this sorted before then

Last edited:

mapadale

I'm trying to set up VNC on a computer, I've installed it and am just wondering how I go about connecting to it from another PC elsewhere? Is it as simple as typing in the public IP of the first computer using VNC viewer, or do I need to set something else up?

Obviously the easy way to check would be to go home and try it myself but I'm not home til tomorrow and I wanna get this sorted before then
It's a case of just using a vnc viewer and conencting via IP, however though you will need to setup from the router IP routing to that machine. So your best bet is to use a program such as no-ip and create a dns to connect.

Also RDP is much easier and less jumpy for remote connection as well.

CraZyEriK

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jan 23, 2006
Alicante, Spain
i use better teamviewer :p is free and more secure !! always same ip( XXX XXX XXX) id by TV and you can set the password u want =)

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
It's a case of just using a vnc viewer and conencting via IP, however though you will need to setup from the router IP routing to that machine. So your best bet is to use a program such as no-ip and create a dns to connect.

Also RDP is much easier and less jumpy for remote connection as well.

Thanks.

i use better teamviewer :p is free and more secure !! always same ip( XXX XXX XXX) id by TV and you can set the password u want =)

TV is too indiscrete for what I want.

Last edited:

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
logmein No router setup, simply install the app and you can remote your pc from anywhere via the logmein site.

I gave that a go but it's also too indiscrete...the message that appear at the top of screen when you connect "This pc is being remotely controlled by xxxxx"

So no good for me ><

I'm using it to spy basically...but for all the right reasons I assure you. RealVNC is probably the most discrete I know of but I couldn't get it to work properly without setting up a static IP, which is just too much hastle for what it's for. Plus it doesn't work well with Windows 7 atm.

Anyone know if it's possible to disable the TeamViewer connection messages?

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
VNC you still get that server icon going black when you are connected.

You need to forward port 5900 to the computer you are trying to spy. (default)

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
VNC you still get that server icon going black when you are connected.

You need to forward port 5900 to the computer you are trying to spy. (default)

I did that but could only get it to forward to 198.162.1.1 is that correct or not? Cos when I tried connecting with VNC via the external IP is said access refused.

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008
i know a way u cud do this but it aint legal , do u own both pc's?

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
I did that but could only get it to forward to 198.162.1.1 is that correct or not? Cos when I tried connecting with VNC via the external IP is said access refused.

Gotrex.. this is quite simple to set up.. basically the router give an ip to the machine you want to control with vnc.. this ip must be made static.. which doesn't mean that the adsl ip needs to be static ovviously.. i just mean that if the pc connects with a network card with a certain mac address you need to tell the router to give always the same ip to that network card by adding it to the access control page (usually).. and let's say for example that the pc you install vnc will have from that point and on the same ip (ex: 192.168.1.100) then you have to open port 5900 or 5800 if you want to access vnc using any webbrowser with java for that ip.. not with the routers ip which i guess is 192.168.1.1.. this is my draytek router firewall page for example:
immaginedi.jpg

then i guess you can also add Dynamic DNS Setup to the router so you can register in any free dns site like www.no-ip.com and set up a free dns so that you can connect to that network just remembering the dns instead of the adsl ip which probably will change every time the router drops the connection..

and after that you have to simply use the vncviewer and give it the adsl dns followed by the port number like: www.dnsadsl.com:5800

and it should work..

hope it helps

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
No, that's the default gateway. You need to forward the port to whichever PC's IP you wish to gain access to I believe. (192.168.1.*)

Hazuki

VIP
VIP
Apr 14, 2004
United Kingdom
On the PC you want to access: Start > Run > Type "cmd" OK

In the black window type "ipconfig" press enter and it will list the local IP address.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Yeah, or you can check the router page for which IP is assigned to that device (You're best off making it static)

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
Thanks for all the help/comments.

Sorry, what I said before was wrong. The pc's ip is 192.168.1.6 I already looked that up, and that IS what I've forwarded the port to, not 192.168.1.1

I'm rushed for time right now but I'll try out mstation's suggestion when I can. I already set up a no ip but I didn't give any DNS info...kinda new to that so I'll have to take a better look tomorrow.

Reactions: mStation

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008
try setting up a RAT if u want links to a forum for all the help and guides how to set up a RAT then il point u in the direction...a RAT will do all this.... keylog the pc u wanna spy on and control the webcam if it has 1 without the person on the pc/laptop knowing u can control the pc disable mouse keyboard bring pop up's on the pc saying whatever u want and u can do alot more like watch the screen the whole time... save it as img and videos loads of stuff, RAT's are powerful i used to use um but got bored of all that