Wall Conquest Wars

smoochy boys on tour

UniTY

O.G.
VIP
Apr 29, 2003
Florida, USA
I'm interested in what people would think about the ability to battle over any wall (and properly)? Granted, higher profile walls would be a bit annoying to have going into war everyday, thus a limit of a couple wars a week would be acceptable. This could give use to some walls that simply have no use today.

I have already laid out an outline of the proposed implementation of this; it can be found here.

I am also interested in insightful comments. A simple question: What are subtle additions that you thought should have occurred in MIR2?

Not horses.
Not housing.
Not boats.

Subtle. Elements that seemed like "Why would they do that, it would have been better this way" type stuff. Improvements that do not alter the true nature of how the game was supposed to be presented, just fix questionable material.

Last edited:

Toxick

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 17, 2003
i wouldnt like to see the main walls to be conquested... or the starting villages... imagine you startinmg off and you spawn in a wall thats haveing a war and you see people running passsed you killing people...

maybe leaave ether Bichon out of it or Mud Wall and Border ect ect... the others seem to be grand.

One thing i would like the see be added is Gloves to equipment.. they have everything else, rings/braces/belt/shoes/neck/armour/helmet/gem.... but no gloves.

candles, when your in caves the candles can only give you a certain radius, you should be able to buy a tourch which gives a bigger radisu, not just longer dura...

not sure if this classifies in what your looking for, but when in a group in servers,(im a taoist) its hard to heal people as with rev bars, cause there are so much rev bars with mobs and such, and hard to target them. if you could make it so that at the side of the screen it has your group members and the health under the name.... and maybe try and make it so you can put your cursor over the name and it will heal it... something like that...

UniTY

O.G.
VIP
Apr 29, 2003
Florida, USA
Toxick said:
i wouldnt like to see the main walls to be conquested... or the starting villages... imagine you startinmg off and you spawn in a wall thats haveing a war and you see people running passsed you killing people...

Already thought of that ;) Which is why during a war in BorderVillage new players would spawn in Ginko Village. The number of "new players" is also considerably small. BorderVillage is a great place (I spent 90% of my time there on European MIR2, which is why I would like to see it obtainable ;)).
maybe leaave ether Bichon out of it or Mud Wall and Border ect ect... the others seem to be grand.
The others are not even used ;) The point is to encourage something past running around BichonWall attacking each other for nothing to gain.
One thing i would like the see be added is Gloves to equipment.. they have everything else, rings/braces/belt/shoes/neck/armour/helmet/gem.... but no gloves.
To equipment?
candles, when your in caves the candles can only give you a certain radius, you should be able to buy a tourch which gives a bigger radisu, not just longer dura...
I agree with this on a level, but I'm not sure if it can be implemented as easily as one would hope.
not sure if this classifies in what your looking for, but when in a group in servers,(im a taoist) its hard to heal people as with rev bars, cause there are so much rev bars with mobs and such, and hard to target them. if you could make it so that at the side of the screen it has your group members and the health under the name.... and maybe try and make it so you can put your cursor over the name and it will heal it... something like that...
That would be be a considerably game changing addition, I wouldn't like to see it. Rev bars would be coloured properly, so you should be able to target them properly. Each player is considerably spaced anyway, I don't see how it can be confusing per say, maybe annoying, but not confusing. It would look nice, but it would change the game a bit more then I'd like to see.

Don't really want to get too far from the Korean version. There are COUNTLESS things you could add to make the game seem better, but it would lose the elements it was originally designed for.

Edit: See, European MIR2 really did mess it up for alot of people They had no details to go off of and wanted to keep players around, so they would throw out "Ideas" about how things "may" be, which were usually wrong. I'm not sure if it was ever pondered to have Torches do anything more then what they do. It would seem.. better though, if they did increase the radius of light around the player. I'm not sure how much you could increase it before it would be like running around in daylight, which would defeat the purpose to be night.

Last edited:

Toxick

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 17, 2003
UniTY said:
Already thought of that ;) Which is why during a war in BorderVillage new players would spawn in Ginko Village. The number of "new players" is also considerably small. BorderVillage is a great place (I spent 90% of my time there on European MIR2, which is why I would like to see it obtainable ;)).

ahh yes ok. well border village does seem to have the parts to make it look like a wall(even the golden wall behind it :P)

UniTY said:
The others are not even used ;) The point is to encourage something past running around BichonWall attacking each other for nothing to gain.

ahh right kinda seeing your point

UniTY said:
To equipment?

yea to the equpiment... if you can do that...

UniTY said:
I agree with this on a level, but I'm not sure if it can be implemented as easily as one would hope.

maybe take the candle radius down and put the tourch radius up a small bit from a candle.

UniTY said:
That would be be a considerably game changing addition, I wouldn't like to see it. Rev bars would be coloured properly, so you should be able to target them properly. Each player is considerably spaced anyway, I don't see how it can be confusing per say, maybe annoying, but not confusing. It would look nice, but it would change the game a bit more then I'd like to see.

fair enough, just saying its hard trying to target people needing healing in a room full of mobs, if you dont have mass heal :P but the colour changed in the rez bar would help a bit

UniTY said:
Don't really want to get too far from the Korean version. There are COUNTLESS things you could add to make the game seem better, but it would lose the elements it was originally designed for..

yea i know what you mean, you want to stick it with mir, and not take it to far/or at all away from what it orginaly is...

UniTY said:
Edit: See, European MIR2 really did mess it up for alot of people They had no details to go off of and wanted to keep players around, so they would throw out "Ideas" about how things "may" be, which were usually wrong. I'm not sure if it was ever pondered to have Torches do anything more then what they do. It would seem.. better though, if they did increase the radius of light around the player. I'm not sure how much you could increase it before it would be like running around in daylight, which would defeat the purpose to be night.

Dont talk to me about europe mir, havent played it since 1.5.... all games that's translated from one langauge to another always seems to lose out in some important parts here and there.

Shard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 12, 2003
Didn't they promise us fishing at one point? I just think more than a few ways of making money should be implemented. Fishing in ponds or the sea, cutting trees for lumber like WoooL. I ain't sure what else, I think all the stuff that Korean Mir has implemented up to now has been enough.

EDIT : Shapes for helmets. I knew there were a few going around, most you can get from EI. But then again...nah, ignore lol.

Notification when a spell is levelled?

More defense at SW or other walls. Catapults or something.

Hairstyles would be a nice small touch.

Master and apprentice system? Dunno how it would work though. Ain't looked into it on WoooL.

A pot system like EI. Items stacking and stuff. So more pots can be carried.

Daily quests like EI, more quests, I dunno, just Mir seems to lack quests.

Will have more ideas later :P

UniTY

O.G.
VIP
Apr 29, 2003
Florida, USA
Shard said:
Didn't they promise us fishing at one point? I just think more than a few ways of making money should be implemented. Fishing in ponds or the sea, cutting trees for lumber like WoooL. I ain't sure what else, I think all the stuff that Korean Mir has implemented up to now has been enough.

Fishing would be way way too hard to do.

As for the lumber bit, thats what chesnut trees bring. Same theory. Maybe more money then lumber, too. You can make a good bit of money off those nuts, I used to do it in European MIR2 all the time.

Those are also additions -- I'm not looking at ideas for expanding the game, I'm looking to improve what it has slightly.

Shard said:

EDIT : Shapes for helmets. I knew there were a few going around, most you can get from EI. But then again...nah, ignore lol.

Notification when a spell is levelled?

More defense at SW or other walls. Catapults or something.

Hairstyles would be a nice small touch.

Master and apprentice system? Dunno how it would work though. Ain't looked into it on WoooL.

A pot system like EI. Items stacking and stuff. So more pots can be carried.

Daily quests like EI, more quests, I dunno, just Mir seems to lack quests.

Will have more ideas later :P

Um, this might be a supid question to ask, but why not play EI?

Last edited:

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
Notification when a spell is levelled is best idea so far.

Mob AI. Thats what ya need.

Mar 23, 2003
Cairo Orbital Defence Platform
I know a lot of people might hate what i'm about to say, but by **** i'm going to say it anyway.

Don't do the wars in Sabuk.

Relocate the main waring castle to Gi-Rooyong. Sabuk is too poorly placed to make the war scenario accurate, or fair.

Let me show my examples. Let's say you're going with your guild on a Zuma Temple hunt. Suddenly, a SW war is announced. Now, to avoid getting randomly attacked, you and your guild have to change your route, and avoid the war zone (Which is a longer journey). The same applies to anyone trying to get to the penal area.

Gi-Rooyong happens to be in a highly desirable area (high/mid level areas surrounding), with no through-route to spawn points. It also has a single route in, and has more than one gate. All ensuring for a far more interesting war, and less of the bulge battles seen in Euro Mir2, where large guilds and their allies could simply block the gate with people.

UniTY

O.G.
VIP
Apr 29, 2003
Florida, USA
¤]´)÷¤--§îr Äürøñ--¤÷(`[¤ said:
I know a lot of people might hate what i'm about to say, but by **** i'm going to say it anyway.

Don't do the wars in Sabuk.

Relocate the main waring castle to Gi-Rooyong. Sabuk is too poorly placed to make the war scenario accurate, or fair.

Let me show my examples. Let's say you're going with your guild on a Zuma Temple hunt. Suddenly, a SW war is announced. Now, to avoid getting randomly attacked, you and your guild have to change your route, and avoid the war zone (Which is a longer journey). The same applies to anyone trying to get to the penal area.

Gi-Rooyong happens to be in a highly desirable area (high/mid level areas surrounding), with no through-route to spawn points. It also has a single route in, and has more than one gate. All ensuring for a far more interesting war, and less of the bulge battles seen in Euro Mir2, where large guilds and their allies could simply block the gate with people.

Imagine what a ***** it would be to protect BichonWall. I mean, sure, you would only need to protect four bridges, but thats alot of being spread out.

Demix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 13, 2005
Watford, England
UniTY said:
Imagine what a ***** it would be to protect BichonWall. I mean, sure, you would only need to protect four bridges, but thats alot of being spread out.

but as its so big it would be reasonably easy for someone to rt or use wizard teleport to gain access without the people guarding the bridges even noticing

edit: unless you could have a "castle has been breached!" message appear when someone goes within the co-ords of the town that isnt in the defending guild, thats a nice idea :bounce:

Toxick

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 17, 2003
then have people garding the castle as well so they can spam saying that the castle ahs been breched? its called stragedy

UniTY

O.G.
VIP
Apr 29, 2003
Florida, USA
I rather have a guild large enough to find someone got in on their own then build have a Security System built into BichonWall, or any wall :)

NiGHTMaRe

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 1, 2003
ive jus had a look there and if you have 50% cheaper @ SV does that mean u can buy items in SV thern go and sell them back 2 the shop in another town for more =/ lol i dnt think that would work sumhow :P like the idea of havin more wars though

Shard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 12, 2003
UniTY said:

As everything else in EI sucks apart from the features I put there. The pot system, like pots stacking is a good idea. If you don't want to add them that's fine. Just giving some ideas.

Shinoda

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 18, 2003
Hong Kong
UniTY said:

This might be a stupid question, use his idea's they're good, from EI or not it's something which makes Mir2 better.

Mar 23, 2003
Cairo Orbital Defence Platform
UniTY said:

Aye, 4 seperate entry points, not including all the teleportring/recall set fun you could have in the shops.

But I stick with my point. As it is now, Sabuk is just an undesirable location. For the guild owning it, there's very little benefit. Once you get past level 30, the Zuma Temple looses it's attraction, and places such as prajna take over. The new updates have thoroughly raped Mongchon Province, and that's why the warring castle needs to be Gi-Rooyong :P

Shard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 12, 2003
Plus you'd need someone on the TT spot too :O

Having not played Mir since 1.5, I haven't seen Gi-Rooyong (Isn't is Gi-Riiyoong? bleh), has somebody got a screenshot or a guide as to what it contains?