Wanting To Play Mir3 Server's On 100mb Connection!

GoldieDragon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 23, 2006
are there any mir server's on 100mb connection im sick of playing mir3 servers with 10mb or 20mb where ever1 lagg's

any1 know of a mir server running on 100mb please

chimera

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 30, 2003
UK
Lag is not entirely based on the speed of connection but more on the quality of the host PC and the Host ISP.

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
lag is based on...

ISP related:
Distance between you and server.
Number of hops between you and server.
Router/Switch/Firewall quality on each gateway.

Mir related:
Number of people on.
Processing power: CPU/Ram

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
1) when i made server of another game, the upload that i have (8KB or 56Kb upload) was enough for 20 ppls easily, so i highly doubt that mir will need 100MB for 100 ppls top ^^
2) the server might be laggy for u for the reasons kaori sayed, and on the connection u have, and the connection the server have, and on the hour.
e.g if u play really late at night, or early in the morning, u will have no lagg if the server dont lagg no metter where u live, if u got lagg u can restart internet few times, and u will see diffrence in the lagg the game have, also try to shut down the music in the client option, and defrag the computer, it might give u less lagg.
3) try to shut down any programs that uses internet there (including keyloggers :P), and basicly any program u dont really need.

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
He can test it on Illusion Server, we have 100Mbit .
I can say, Kaori say correct. :)

Tass

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 8, 2005
CPU/RAM plays a massive part in lag when hosting a server i noticed

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
From somebody who has Hosted a few servers:

Upload matters a lot but as said it depends on how good your ISP is to start with, for example NTL (Now Virgin) have a almost Static IP and consistent Upload which means that 500K Upload can serve many people well but as with any Game online - there comes a point in Players / Upload that it craps out. Its easy for the Server owner to work out the max players supported Lag free and CAP the server (there is a setting) so that no more can keep joining.

You would not host a 32 Player FPS Server on a 256K line cos once 8 have joined, it would LAG to death. Lets also talk about Hardware, I ran a Server (2.9) from a Dual P3 933Mhz with 1 Gig Ram - this was slow to re spawn mobs but it ran fine.

Most MMORPG do not send that much data per player, just X+Y, What you have killed and so forth. Is the main poster telling me that ALL the servers he has tried Lagged? Does that not point to HIS Connection been the problem? I have played most of the Major Servers listed here and experienced ZERO Lag. Maybe it would be wise for him to explain what servers he has played on where he got lag and also to post:

* His connection speed + ISP (this matters)
* His Computer specs - what looks like lag can sometimes be the pc struggling with too much on the screen.

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
Most lag you have on the Server Side is AMD CPU und DB on the Same Server. The MS-SQL Server use RDTS Instruction and AMD has a problem with Syncron more CPU Kernel, SQL hang Hour by Hour and ingame you have
Lag. Next Slow Hardware , low RAM , CPU and so one...
We have 0,01 Network travel by 50 Player online. We have 3 Server, one for the DB one for the Game and one for Updates and Client things...
Game Server has 4 Gig RAM and bigest CPU, now I can't see lag ingame atm.
Most Problems we have is some Bugs in the main 3.xx Server Programm. (I belive the most Know me)

If you have low Connection Home or W-Lan and your PC is to slow then you
become a message ingame Connection or System unstable, this mean your PC or Connection is crap. (I have see by most player the Antivirus Software bring more problems)

Last edited:

turboshandy

ur a smacktard!
VIP
May 11, 2005
Great Yarmouth/Cambridge
at the moment it is a well known fact that Virgin media has some bad hops in Peterborough, norwich, nantwich, Ilford. It is a good idea to run a traceroute once a week as by doing this we had found out that Xtreme had been moved onto the peterborough server as whilst they were testing the 100mb connection in east anglia they had fried the lines...(those who have cable telly will remember 15000 customers just before christmas who had to have their digiboxes replaced due to them testing out 100mb and killing all hardware, as virgin media supplies internet through the digibox OR the modem depending on your choice.)

We found that our server lagged and called Virgin and were put back on the norwich server within 3 days.

It doesnt necissarily(sp) mean you have to live in those problem areas to experience dips in connection as it varies what route your ping takes to its destination. Most lag issues boil down to how far away from the exchange you are. packet loss in and outbound WILL occur anyway but more so if you live 500m away as opposed to 50 m...alas expecting total lag free on private servers isnt really a realistic goal as lag can occuur anywhere on your own machine/router/area/server.. Xtreme did offer to analyse your traceroute for you but you insisted it was because we are on a 10 mb connection.

Virgin media have already released an advanced warning of dips in connetion due to them upgrading all 10mb customers to 20 mb within the next month.