Wasnt sure where to post this...

smoochy boys on tour

w00t84

Big Dick
Golden Oldie
May 25, 2004
Newcastle!
Hi all,
I wasnt totally sure where to post this, but this place seemed most logical as it is to do with this part of the forum. I have a few ideas that could maybe be added to this part of the forum, and I think they would be a good addition to it...
Here they are,

On most graphics forums, they have a place where you can post tutorials which you have made, I think that should be added to this forum for a two reasons:
  • It would attract new members, as on the bottom they could say, i.e "If you liked/enjoyed doing this tutorial, please register at www.lomcn.co.uk"
  • It would help the newer, less experienced designers improve there skills and confidence with their graphics.
2. I think that this specific part of the forum should have moderators, who know what their doing in these areas, who can help out with the newer people, and even teach people how to do design successfully.

3. We should have specific people, who are known as good designers, who have a label as a "Graphics Designer" who answer every single request which is put forward. The designers for this should be picked out from a contest, top 5-10 become designers.

4. Last but not least, we should have a battle place, where designers come together to put there skills to the test against other...
i.e. One designer makes a sig, set to specific standards, such as:
  • Render/No Render: Anime
  • Theme: Tech Theme
  • Size: 300x100 pixels
  • Colour & Contrasts: Blue/Red, Dark.

I believe all of these are good ideas, that could attract members and help the forum grow even more.

Thanks for reading this, and I hope these ideas are put forward and used within the forum :) If you agree with any of these please post your comments ;)

Thanks,
w00t. :brows: :dunce:

Last edited:

Grim

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 24, 2004
w00t84 said:
I believe all of these are good ideas, that...
...Have been put forward before? Some have actually been done before and ALL have died a slow death. People are usually really enthusiastic about these ideas but very few actually want to take the time to get them off the ground.

w00t84

Big Dick
Golden Oldie
May 25, 2004
Newcastle!
I would help in areas which I could, and from what ive seen, there are plenty good designers here who can help out.

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Maybe if the 'reputation' system would be brought back, it would encourage people to post tutorials to get some reputation points ^^.

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
I think this could work, but only if w00t84 made it happen. He's got his head screwed on, and I think if one of the admins were to give him the chance, he could do good things to this forum.

I definately think it's worth a try

w00t84

Big Dick
Golden Oldie
May 25, 2004
Newcastle!
I wasnt intending to do this, but if everyone was ok with it, im sure I could give it a shot. Of course LG is also there if I ever do need a hand, although from what Ive seen he doesnt have alot of free time, hes a busy lad. I think you lot should definately give it a chance, we could really make something of this :)

-w84

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
This only works in real graphics forums imo, they are all good ideas, but in all honesty theres like a maximum of 3 good designers here, the rest know nothing and produce rubbish work, you all know that.

having a graphics battle wld b a battle against 2 good people and 5 other amature ones.

having tutorials made wld mean only 2 ppl wld b making the tutorials.

this would be better reposted in the suggestions forum, but i think it would only work if this was actually a designing forum, not a mir forum.

w00t84

Big Dick
Golden Oldie
May 25, 2004
Newcastle!
Well, I still think it could work, and tutorials can be made by anyone. Plus the tutorials made by the better people, could maybe improve other peoples work, to make them move on to being better designers, even writing their own tutorials. This can only work if you try it, otherwise its pointless even posting. Thanks for your opinion though Farphit.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
I would be willing to help out, im not a pro but i have some experience in Tutorials and photoshop it's self, i could beable to help some people out.

w00t84

Big Dick
Golden Oldie
May 25, 2004
Newcastle!
Thanks for the offer JealY, you would definately be one of the choices I would make, but we have to wait and see if all this is put into action first, no main admin etc have said anything yet, so fingers crossed.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
hehe, i'm sure they will try it out, besides a lot of lom servers (the serious ones) need graphics, so thats the link between lomcn and graphics :)...

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
Feel free todo them things anyways and just for things to be stuck etc.
Last time we tried having a mod in here, it didn't work too well

A topic stuck where you edit it to give links to tutorial posts and the battles can be done anyways.

w00t84

Big Dick
Golden Oldie
May 25, 2004
Newcastle!
Ok mate, good idea, ill work on some tomorrow and maybe organise a battlezone, and maybe even SOTW?

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
Bad Idea, will die a slow and painful death and turn out to be a waste of time. But could be useful for a short time

chu22

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 5, 2004
Newcastle
good idea w84 i think it will work and help out alot of people around here and even the server makers for their interfaces ;) it will probley only work if woot is behing the "stering wheel" so to speek

:)