web hosting service providers

Join Discord

Mystickiller

Bored AF
Golden Oldie
Dec 24, 2003
Minnesota, USA
really no offence, but do none of you understand what i am looking for?

the equivilent of net intelligenece. icuk etc etc i asked for web hosting, as in hosting a website. not an ISP.

Hazuki

VIP
VIP
Apr 14, 2004
United Kingdom
Streamline support is poo and you dont get full access to the "dedicated" server package lol, have to agree with Sawell, been with surpass for about 6months, support is ace, service is ace and had 100% uptime so far :).

/Haz

Last edited:

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
May i ask why you need virus scanning on your email? I sure wouldn't like to be scanning every mail that comes thru my server, and thats a 1 person perosnal server.

virus scanning every email isn't exactly a light-task for the server, why do you need the server todo it rather than your own local anti virus?

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
Mystic, you didn't answer my question at all. Why do you need it?
Most provide spam filtering, but why do you need virus scanning, if your loal scanenr is jsut gonna rescan it. Your putting extra load on the server for no reason.

Your not the only one who gets loads of spam a day, now imagine your on a shared hosting server, YOU get 1000 messages a day, joe blogs gets 500, bob user gets 600. Thats 2100 messages the server has to scan.

Thats just assuming 3 users, most shared hsoting servers have more than that.

You want the server to scan every message, before your virus scanner then does the same. Your just wasting resources on the server.

Mystickiller

Bored AF
Golden Oldie
Dec 24, 2003
Minnesota, USA
because thats what we have at the moment, if an external server scans them all for virus's before they get to us 90% of the virus's will be gone, which relieves alot of load on our internal servers, companys are set up to do this.

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
because thats what we have at the moment, if an external server scans them all for virus's before they get to us 90% of the virus's will be gone, which relieves alot of load on our internal servers, companys are set up to do this.

Can't decide if you've just got bad sources or know a very stupid business who like to throw their money away.

The organisation I work for has over 10,000 employees, all of which use client-side vius scanning - the ONLY thing done server side are audit logs and spam filtering.

Fact is that client-side checking picks up the same virus' as a server-side check. If you're using webmail then maybe you should consider outlook pop3, using webmail unless somewhere that doesn't allow it is pretty unprofessional in the first instance.

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
Your still avoiding my question.

WHY do you need it, you have client-side checking, so you putting unneeded load on the server.

If you don't have client-side checking, your a moron