Weight training and exercise FAQ.

Join Discord

peppe

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 30, 2004
depends on what u want if u want to lose ur six pack then eat loads if u want to be built eat loads and work out if u want to lose w8 eat less and go on a running machine. u can buy weight gaining formulas from argos or websites maximusle also best place to ask is google and ask.com

Evolution

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Sep 9, 2006
Darlo
actually, i got a mate whos been pushin weights since 13, he plays england u21 rugby, is ****ing built and about 6'1

theres a drug called steroids lmao , ur body can only go so big , if ur mate was only average when he was at school noway by lifting weights etc he could of gone from average to massive , steroids ..... people look idiots when they use steroids , think they look big and muscly but they look fat lol

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
theres a drug called steroids lmao , ur body can only go so big , if ur mate was only average when he was at school noway by lifting weights etc he could of gone from average to massive , steroids ..... people look idiots when they use steroids , think they look big and muscly but they look fat lol

You don't know **** about lifting nor **** about steroids, how they work, their side effects, etc etc. You also can't judge whether a person took anabolics or not based on their before/after pictures. You'd be surprised what you can do to your body by just lifting smart and eating right.

lol i do that.. altho i dont play football.. im 14 nearly 15.. just looking for sum advice.. ermm well on chest press it says its in kg.. but obviosuly not because im lifting 150 n that would be 3x my body weight.. so ermm guessing its in pounds.. (chest press machine).. but ye i can do that but i only do like 2reps max.. on 135 i can do like 10reps - 15reps.. have a 6pac n that.. but im 5ft 6 - 5ft 7 n i only weigh spot on 8stone.. i would like to know how to gain weight fast .. i eat bout 3meals aday.. but my weight is going up n then back down.. ive always been slim.. my dads 6ft 2.. 10stone.. but ye enyway eny advice on how to get big and gain weight fast pls?

Whether you are trying to lose or gain weight, you should be getting in 5-6 meals a day. The simplest way to gain weight is just eat more.

You NEED to be getting in AT LEAST 2grams of protein PER KG OF BODYWEIGHT. That means YOU need to be consuming at the very least 115 grams of protein PER DAY. As for carbs you need at least 150g a day.

AND, since you're going to be eating a lot more, your body will actually build muscle FASTER, and will have an easier time maintaining that muscle.

If you do any type of cardio or jogging and anything like that STOP. All you can do now is short sprinting.

madmanmc

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 19, 2006
Thanx mate will take ur advice :), And ye i eat about 3-4 meals a day but ermm my weigt is going up and down.. i dunno y mayb its cus im getting taller :S dont ask .. mum told me that lmao..

madmanmc

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 19, 2006
Well I Eat All Sorts Every Single Day Full Dinners Included 3-4 Meals A Day.

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
Gotta eat a lot, i intake well over 5000 calories a day, and make sure they're good calories, **** burgers and nhit, eat chicken breasts.

FUTURA

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 25, 2003
DXB
urban gives good advice...eat lean meat...take protein shakes if u must to get your protein, even on days when u arent training. always take protein shake with water, not milk. 5 meals a day I reckon. You can't really get significantly bigger without losing tone, but u can always bulk up for 6 months then do cardio to get tone...

work all your muscles evenly. DO NOT IGNORE YOUR LEGS. And if you're not totally ****ing wrecked at the end of a session then you wern't pushing yourself hard enough and you wont see fast gains.

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
You shouldn't neglect any part of your body. I mean, aside from all the various factors to health etc, you would look like a retard if you had massive arm muscles, chest muscles etc and flabby/weedy legs.

Weight gain is determined by how much food your body needs, how much it gets and certain genetic factors, such as your body's genetic type. Certain individuals, and ill assume with a great degree of accuracy, that you are one of thse individuals have an hard time gaining weight of any kind, be it fat or muscle mass.

If you want to gain, first of all, cut back on the cardio exercises, the ones that last a long time and burn loads of energy etc. This lowers your overall metabolism, meaning more energy is stored as fat. You can pack in the carbohydrates such as pasta, bread, rice etc.

You may just find that at your age, your still growing and the energy your taking in is being spent on your body's development, rather than buiding up muscle etc, and remember, if the energy you need is being spent on building your muscle, then your body will just burn the muscle to get what it needs, and thats less efficient than burning the energy from food, so your actually losing out.

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
Been working really hard as of late back into gym and weights and stuff, doing proper bulking diet, careful eating and so forth... My arms went so skinny again but their going bigger already in 6 weeks hard work. Naturally im pretty skinny but my chest area and neck and so forth are getting larger each week.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 62

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
hehe im up by about a stone and a half since that picture now, bench keeps going up too! creatine ftw.

DeathWish

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Oct 29, 2003
mwahahhaha lets pull out the guns :P

.... as if im bored

Attachments

• DSC05368.JPG
    DSC05368.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 49

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
Nice delts dude, atm I been bulking for months now and I gotta lower my body fat before I can see **** like that.