were to add .txt files

Join Discord

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
Chester :P
u know when u want a npc to add chars name to "a txt file" were wud i add that txt file to. i know its a simple question but the placce iv tryed doesnt work

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
ye thats it thnx m8 :), ill add the other part i did for u to my test server and check for u now m8 :) then il lget bk to ya

Upvote 0

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
If you put an
Code:
#ACT
ADDNAMELIST doc.txt

In your script, and then you run it on your server, it will automatically make doc.txt in the same directory as your NPC script.

Upvote 0

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
iv got it working, it adds the name to the List.txt but when i want it to check the list and then if ur in it do the action iv asked for, nothin happens.

E.G i have it to check if your names in List.txt (i checked it is) but when i click the NPC again, it doesnt give the second option (after its checked if ur in there) so it doesnt say the next bit if u r in there, or no ur not in there.

make sence o.O

Upvote 0

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
its not working properly, i can see it adding names to the certain txt file i want it to, but when i press 7 ingame nothin loads up or happens, then when i log out and back in it doesnt change my rank name to the desierd name :S any ideas at all (i can see the rank name once iv clicked for my subclass but log out and back in and nothin)

Upvote 0

TravisW

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 4, 2007
If you can't get txt list to work properly, why not just use flags?
Better than texts all over the place

Upvote 0

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Lists > flags.

Make sure it's;

Code:
#IF
CHECKNAMELIST doc.txt