Westwind Province

Slanesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 6, 2004
Stoke, England
Just to go with Rydus-Wall, this map's my design for a starting area. Obviously, characters start in the little village in the top left, and can do quests in the forest area, or hunt in one of 3 caves (2 near top right and 1 in bottom left). The bridge in the bottom right leads directly into Rydus-Wall castle (to the top left bridge).

Obviously, the mpa isn't finished (there's loads of detail missing from the non-grassy areas, and I need to add more to the forest still). I just want to know if the actual forest has a good density of trees, or would I need more?

The map is 500x600, and can be viewed at:

http://www.clan-tsa.co.uk/images/rhydan/RD00.JPG

Opinions and possible suggestions are always welcomed :)

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Slanesh said:
Just to go with Rydus-Wall, this map's my design for a starting area. Obviously, characters start in the little village in the top left, and can do quests in the forest area, or hunt in one of 3 caves (2 near top right and 1 in bottom left). The bridge in the bottom right leads directly into Rydus-Wall castle (to the top left bridge).

Obviously, the mpa isn't finished (there's loads of detail missing from the non-grassy areas, and I need to add more to the forest still). I just want to know if the actual forest has a good density of trees, or would I need more?

The map is 500x600, and can be viewed at:

http://www.clan-tsa.co.uk/images/rhydan/RD00.JPG

Opinions and possible suggestions are always welcomed :)
verry nice map m8!

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Very nice map again from you, although the water in the middle kind of looks boring, try to design a dock or something around it ;).

Slanesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 6, 2004
Stoke, England

I was thinking of placing a sewers in the centre of the Reservoir, and putting lots of easy mobs in there as like a level 5-10 hunting area. Does that sound alright? Or should I not bother with it, as there are already tonnes of cave enterances open for use?

Shard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 12, 2003
It's a very nice map again, we can see your talent now. But one thing, the water in the middle is too...unnatural looking. Can you make it out of the coast tiles? So it looks like a lake and not like a swimming pool ^_^ If that was fixed it'd be a really nice map.

AngelOfDeath

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 5, 2003
In Hell
Shard said:
It's a very nice map again, we can see your talent now. But one thing, the water in the middle is too...unnatural looking. Can you make it out of the coast tiles? So it looks like a lake and not like a swimming pool ^_^ If that was fixed it'd be a really nice map.

never heard of a man made lake? i think it looks great as is, i wouldnt change a thing

Slanesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 6, 2004
Stoke, England
Shard said:

The actual intention was to make it look like a waterway or a reservoir >_> I can't find a method to make it natural using only coast tiles, as the left coast only has 2 graphics which can be used (and using parts of object tilesets doesn't work either - I've spent hours fiddling with it and it always sucks).

I'm going to fill the central part in with like a sewer-type enterance, and I'll make a small cave with some mobs to hunt.

AngelOfDeath

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 5, 2003
In Hell
Shard said:
Man made lakes aren't square or rectangle -.- Idiot.
did i insult you?.....no i did not......so take your faggoty purple name and shove it up your ass.......man made lakes can be any shape....do you work in constructing lakes? would you even know about how to go about constructing them in real life not with pixels.....i doubt it...

Shard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 12, 2003
lol. Regardless of whether you insulted me or not, I did insult you. Nothing to do with my purple name, I would've insulted you none the less. Yes they can be any shape, but please find me a picture of a square or rectangle man made lake.

Richens

LOMCN VIP (Mapper)
VIP
Jul 28, 2004
UK - Midlands
Looking good.

Some things to improve on would be that the map is pretty MASSIVE.. Its well layed out but its oversized. That 1 big path is very wide. Like you said you need to put more detail in here and there and perfect it till its finished. Cliffs are done well but theres no skirting.

Overall the maps looking good so far. 8/10
Oh and Finish that bridge off properly down the bottom ya lazy bum :P

Shard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 12, 2003
Looks very very nice now. Loving your work. I'm off on holiday tomorrow for 2 weeks. Good luck with everything! I'll be on your server as soon as it's up!