What ip's i change to get server online thro Router

smoochy boys on tour

mutatedkbass

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Veteran
Jul 4, 2004
Hi i need elp can someone please post which ip's i gotta change and in which file beacase im tryin 2 host thro router and i dont know what IP's i need 2 change and i know its not all of them......

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
I belive its all the normal IP's you just have to forward the Ports.

Theres a guide some where.. try the "One thread you will ever need"

Upvote 0

SpiritWalker

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 3, 2004
is your ip static? if soo all you will have to do is forward the server ports to your ip.

if its not static best idea would be to get one and then forward the ports then.

try www.forwardingports.com or www.portforwarding.com (its one of the 2) on there it will give you a detailed guide on how to forward ports and also achieve a static ip. they have propbly the widest selection of routers so your sure to find yours.

EDIT : infact none of them to links are correct ill get one for you.

Upvote 0

Predator

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Nov 18, 2005
mutatedkbass said:
Hi i need elp can someone please post which ip's i gotta change and in which file beacase im tryin 2 host thro router and i dont know what IP's i need 2 change and i know its not all of them......

ill take the time to tell u how u do it while im avin these gay stomach cramps.

go to control panel, network connections, open local int connection (which u shud b using) click the tab which shows u the ip address's of the computer. type the Defalt Gateway adress in to ur internet browser, click enter then login (ther shud b a login button near the top selections) depending on wat router u hav all the selections are on the side (which says application gateways) go to application gateways and ther will b many selections, type in port 7000,7100 and 7200 i think ( ull av to check on that) and the public port the same as the others. acctivate them with the buttons on the side then click apply. hope this helps like paracetamal helped me :)

Upvote 0

TrIpP

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 6, 2004
hi pps Trip from pserver here, hows use all doing ??? .. im back looking @ server stuff again, gona get 1 running ^&^ .
been working on these latest files the last few days, downloaded from here,, got server working ok running private, went by the ip changing post that some1 put up and i still have no joy is there some ip's that need changing thats been missed out ??coz i chnged ones that werent in the post andi got server to char select screen,, ive tryed seting it up with my normal adsl modem and with my router and still no joy,,,, not as if i aint been here b4r just been ages since ist them up.. been reading wee bit about my router hers wot it says .....
' The DMZ feature allows you to specify one computer on your network to be placed outside of the NAT firewall. This maybe necessary if the NAT feature is causing problems with an application such as a game or video conferencing application. Use this feature on a temporary basis. The computer in the DMZ is not protected from hacker attacks. To put a computer in the DMZ, enter the last digit of its IP address in the field below and select "Enable". Click "Apply Changes" for the change to take effect. '

so this will mean i can set 1 pc outside the firewall ,, and i wudent have to forward ane ports ?? obviously ide have other firewall on the pc ... ane1 got ane clues on this plz ??

Upvote 0

TrIpP

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 6, 2004
ye but u shud c me router setup page, ><
but if this mz thing saves me doin this it will save me mucking about withthe ports

Upvote 0

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
just set it up normal, but make the port read it from a certain computer... * good for security....

very good actually o.0

Upvote 0

hellcaster

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 24, 2005
Re: Help:S

hi all im trying to get a server online but what ip do i use?? please help been trying for months!

Upvote 0

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
You have to change the IPs located in those files after those lines to your global IP (www.whatsmyip.com)

Code:
!addrtable.txt(DBServer)
All IP's

!serverinfo.txt(DBServer)
All IP's

dbsrc.ini(DBServer)
ServerAddr
IDSAddr

Mirgate.ini(GameGate)
Server1

Config.ini(LoginGate)
ServerAddr

!addrtable.txt(LoginSrv
All IP's

!serveraddr.txt(LoginSrv)
All IP's

Logsrv.ini(LoginSrv)
DBServer
ServerAddr

!runaddr.txt(Mir200)
All IP's

!Servertable.txt(Mir200)
All IP's

!Setup.txt(Mir200)
DBAddr
IDSAddr
MsgSrvAddr

Config.ini(Selgate)
ServerAddr

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hellcaster

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 24, 2005
hmm ive done all that now lmfao. i got server online other people can get on it a but i cant ne ideas y?

Upvote 0

Rizzla

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2003
same problem with me

people can get on, but i can't get past the gates after logging in

Upvote 0

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Both of the posters above, have you by any chance installed MS Loopback?

Upvote 0

Rizzla

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2003
heh, is that how you got the mir 2 expert tag?
"use the search button!!"

i've been trying for months to get it working over network

"24-05-2005, 09:21 PM" <--- that was the last time i posted about it....still at a loss

Upvote 0

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Rizzla said:
heh, is that how you got the mir 2 expert tag?
"use the search button!!"

i've been trying for months to get it working over network

"24-05-2005, 09:21 PM" <--- that was the last time i posted about it....still at a loss
Hes not a mir2 expert :p.

Have you installed MS Loopback adapter?

Upvote 0