What is it about mir???

Join Discord

Stridey123

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
But no other game seems to satisfy me the way mir does, have tried WoW and got bored around level 30, no motivation to hunt or anything.
Also been playing Rift beta, which has awesome graphics, but im always craving a mir server to get addicted to again.

anyone else find themselves in the same situation??

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
What can we say? Your easily pleased. i know what you mean though regardless i will not let myself slip back into the mir loop :P

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
But no other game seems to satisfy me the way mir does, have tried WoW and got bored around level 30, no motivation to hunt or anything.
Also been playing Rift beta, which has awesome graphics, but im always craving a mir server to get addicted to again.

anyone else find themselves in the same situation??

same here , even that now i stick more to coding , i can't play others mmorpg i find them booring .
mir is unique :P

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
Mir is such a simple game in design, take the 1.3-1.4 etc they had barely any features.

my main guess would be that mir being our first real taste of mmorpg gaming, the world was very immersive, minutes would turn into hours and such. the graphics was of a good standard back then too, and the game play was unique.

sadly we have all grown up got jobs/real life commitments and our concepts on what is exceptable for an mmo has changed dramatically, most people want to play casually and playing casual does not work in a game such as mir. People who stick around playing mir waiting for that "ideal server" are chasing their tail, you will never recapture the early days of mir (euro / early private servers) its gone and the community with it, if you keep chasing that ideal server you will be left with a sore taste in your mouth and memory's of only crap, mir is not a solo game.

sadly wemade hasn't made any real effort to revive mir and bring it up to standards of the other competition out there, the cost of taking a risk on an mmorpg game these days is so big developers just stray away from being in competition with developers such as blizzard.

This is my opinion but id like to hear other peoples opinions on what made mir great :)

Williams

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 18, 2007
That about sums it up.. The only people left playing now are those who think it is, and that ruins it even more.

and all the romainians and egyption players. they dont help!.

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
Simplicity, Mir is not unique it's a Diablo rip off with Multiplayer.

that's what made it unique, there was very few games around at that time which were mmo nevermind mmorpg, the idea of a world which was always running was mind boggling back then.

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
i can remember first logging in mir , my rl mate showed me it ( he was a few years older ) i musta been like 13. I got an instant buzz off mir , the music used to send shivers down my spine mir was god when i was younger.

i even used to go on it for 20mins before school lol.

mir in its day was epic , no1 who liked or likes mir can say they dont miss them days.

sorry for me mir died when euro did, i played the new server but when people started getting HA and SOWG in boxs that was just laughable.
I aint played mir for more then 30mins in the last 2 year , just isn't the same , neither do i play any MMO. Im just too lazy to grind or do half assed quests like on wow ( kill 20 of these , collect 10 of them. that is not fun!!!)

neway rant over :)