what is the scariest film uve ever seen?

Join Discord

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
Skyline said:
Blam... you scare me.

The movie made no sense, it was too predictable, what the hell was up with the flying hair? and the ending? what the hell did the little girl do? what the hell was that thing in the attick at the beginning? I screamed as loud as i could on purpose at the 'scary' bits as well as bits where nothing paticular hapenned, like a door closed

Soul

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 23, 2003
Suffolk, England
Texas Chainsaw Massacre[!] Was a great film imo, but yeah all the one's listed are fairly good. Have fun watching your films ;o

ipixel

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 11, 2005
Northern Ireland
films that you cant see whats going on, but hear it, and see glimpses of it scare me titless, outright gore with stabbing and cack arent scary.

i love zombie films though.

Grim

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 24, 2004
Farril said:
im yet to find a movie which will make me jump. when i was 15ish quite a few did.

though 2 weeks ago there was this wierd japanese film on, which was so gory i had to turn it off to stop myself from being sick.

was on a terrestrial channel 2-3 weeks ago, later at night. all in japanese, had subtitles.

was about a girl who got tortured by her dad every night. he'd burn the inside of her leg with a poker. when she grew up she seemed normal, and this police guy asked for her hand in marriage, she turned out to be disturbed, killed her dad, and loads of other ppl.

if anyone saw this, id love you to tell me its name.
It sounds very similar to a film called Audition (which is an excellent film anyway, not so much a horror but it's got plenty of jumpy parts and is quite gory). Can you remember anything else about it? From your description I am unsure.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
hmm.

well this police guy did audition all these girls to see which wld b best suited for his wife. so that name kinda suits it.

i watched descent last night, and god was it not scary. im returning it today for its commical value.

Grim

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 24, 2004
Farril said:
hmm.

well this police guy did audition all these girls to see which wld b best suited for his wife. so that name kinda suits it.
Yep, that's Audition. The only thing that threw me is that you said he was a police guy, he's actually a video/film producer. Did the thing in the bag freak you out?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i only watched parts, was watching something else at the time.

the bag wasnt that freaky, its at the end with the needles and the piano wire which made me cringe so much.

Grim

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 24, 2004
Farril said:
its at the end with the needles and the piano wire which made me cringe so much.
:D I'm gonna have to watch that film again soon.

Another recommendation would be Irreversible. A French film, not one for the squeamish or faint hearted and not so much scary as it is harrowing but well worth watching.

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i think french accents would just annoy me too much, but ill look out for it.

anto

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Feb 18, 2005
There was a film i saw ages ago called ghost or something where at the beggining a girl was at the train station then it goes black and she appears again with her with scratches all over her face and then she stays in her house all the time and strange things start happening in her house.
scawee
/god irl

akira87

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 15, 2005
Farril said:
im yet to find a movie which will make me jump. when i was 15ish quite a few did.

though 2 weeks ago there was this wierd japanese film on, which was so gory i had to turn it off to stop myself from being sick.

was on a terrestrial channel 2-3 weeks ago, later at night. all in japanese, had subtitles.

was about a girl who got tortured by her dad every night. he'd burn the inside of her leg with a poker. when she grew up she seemed normal, and this police guy asked for her hand in marriage, she turned out to be disturbed, killed her dad, and loads of other ppl.

if anyone saw this, id love you to tell me its name.
Thats the audition lol like having needles stuck under your eyelids:P

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
the other(s), if thats what u mean. was the tamest horror ive seen.

the ring was ok, not scary as such though. same with 2.

the grudge, i found that a reasonably scary film at first, the noises he made really.

aint seen the last one.

i watched white noise last night, that was quite a good film. also just bought exorcist the beginning, and 28 days later. hope they are good.

Eskimo

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 7, 2003
Neath, South Wales.
I didn't find The Ring, The Descent or The Amitivylle Horror scary. I didn't even jump when watching them.

I think I have only jumped once before and that was watching a film about this hand killing people etc but I was about 5 when I saw it.

I'm yet to see a scary film.

If any of you could recommend some flms that may make me jump, would like you to :) No good films around at the moment.

Last edited:

Stonehelm

Resigned
Golden Oldie
Apr 14, 2004
Preston, UCLAN
Eskimo said:
I think I have only jumped once before and that was watching a film about this hand killing people etc but I was about 5 when I saw it.

That film rocked, think it was night of the living dead or something like that.

HunterR

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 7, 2004
London
Jimmy101 said:
imo there is no such film, that is scary, bloody grusum or jumpy. all american horrors to me are predictable and unscary.

If you want to be creeped out watch "creep" it was freaky at parts.

Scarry movie 3 LOL.

but seriosly i recon its gothika only cos u said american. And god she has a nice ass :tongue1: