What would you do with 10 Grand?

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
cant you insult me more than that? getting a bit old and repetitive.

any particular car you like? or just one with a wheel in each corner ?

JohnBarny

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2003
Ya Mums
Finally get round to my car test and buy a car but tbh, id probs blow it all on nights out id give it 3 weeks before id spent up.

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
These days 10 grand is sod all.

A banking investment something like an isa you would be lucky to get back 13/14grand after 5 years. Not really a very good investment imo.

You cannot buy any decent car these days with 10grand.

10grand would pay upto around a 5% deposit on a small house in London (where i live).

So id just update my electrical toys and go get pissed for a couple days money gone.

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
tbh depends what sort of car your after, if your after a brand new car 10 grand will get you some state of the art exonomy battery powered eco friendly piece of ****e. but 10 grand could get you a very nice car if you looked hard enough and didnt mind it being from the 90's or early 2000. but you wouldnt want to spend 10 grand on a new car if you live in london because you have no use for it.

i dont think it would be worth putting it into the bank to collect intrest because as you say itll get you very little in the long run compared to investing it where you could get something or you may lose it.

out of curiosity and boredom, how much is say a 3 bedroom house in london anyway?

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
A banking investment something like an isa you would be lucky to get back 13/14grand after 5 years. Not really a very good investment imo.

I wasnt thinking of bank investment, i was thinking something like people on DragonsDen :P, id obviously choose soemthing good, not an exersice chair, like somebody invented (it was crap)

FUTURA

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 25, 2003
DXB
dunno if anyone said this but...use it along with a loan to put a downpayment on a nice flat in london get a mortgage, rent it out and live off the rent. whyyyy thank u very much.

FUTURA

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 25, 2003
DXB
london is my life, these streets are my veins. something like that