What would you think about this...

smoochy boys on tour

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
I have never seen it done but I may give it a try.

What I was thinking was having a map with a cave out side.
E.G:
I make a out side map with a temple out side insted of having to make a cave entrance.
I think that has explained it enoth I'm not sure if most of you may under stand it but thats the best I can do.

Pete107

Demix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 13, 2005
Watford, England
i get what you mean, like make a closed off part of the map with 1 way in and make that 1 way in like the door, good idea. dont know what difference it will make though hehe

DevilsKnight

I
VIP
Aug 1, 2004
The mob spawns maybe a bit awkward tho, trying to make sure they dont spawn outside the cave ect but is def different, there is no harm in trying tho.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Well I am underway of making the map it will take some time because it's 1,000 x 1,000 it will have cave entrace's it's going to be a mix of area's not just the same tile's and object's and sure as hell not copyed by anyone's ideas :)
And Playboy if you are going to make a rough copy I think it will be a good idea on how to show people what it may look like :)

Pete107

Well I am underway of making the map it will take some time because it's 1,000 x 1,000 it will have cave entrace's it's going to be a mix of area's not just the same tile's and object's and sure as hell not copyed by anyone's ideas :)
And Playboy if you are going to make a rough copy I think it will be a good idea on how to show people what it may look like :)

Pete107

EDIT: This is sort of what I am capeable of (not fully though as this was just a refreasher)

Last edited:

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
I give that map 6/10, walls too repetitive and not enough detail, also you haven't taken into consideration the screen vision.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
The mob spawns maybe a bit awkward tho, trying to make sure they dont spawn outside the cave ect but is def different, there is no harm in trying tho.

I was thinking that before I got under way with the map, the problem I have now for some weird reason the objects arnt reading properly and the wall I cant even see is the bottom left walls for some reason, may be because I'm using the crapist laptop you could use lol.

Pete107

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Sorry for double post but I think the date will over rule that its been nearly 3 years since I attempted this on a naff laptop I've done the most of the map it does need abit of altaring here an there but the whole layout is done if anyone knows of nay OBJ set that'd look better for going from outside ---> inside please let me know an if you can please upload the .wil's.

Attachments

• map4.jpg
    map4.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 96

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
firstly ****ING HUGE BUMP.. deserves a warning sorry.

SECOND. WAT THE **** MATE?!!?

Why not make 2 separate maps?? Seeems silly making 2 maps on one...

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
different concept. could work if u do the moving right from outside to inside.

means mob could move inside and outside of the temple like they would be able to do normally

tidy the edges up, so it looks good in game aswell as on a mmap and it could be a really good map imo

but yeah, shld have jus made a new thread lol

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
firstly ****ING HUGE BUMP.. deserves a warning sorry.

SECOND. WAT THE **** MATE?!!?

Why not make 2 separate maps?? Seeems silly making 2 maps on one...

I felt like doing somthing "original" which some people kinda fail to do on here I wanted to do somthing diffrent than what everyone else does, it isnt 100% complete the way it shows on there is just basic layout.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Its a nice concept, but you got to be very good at editing the .wils etc. and files to make it look more "natural" transitions. Also you need to proberly build custom objects.. so you could make the entrance not look so bad, as when you walk from one map to another, your appear under the cliff, then on top once you read the top edge of the cliff, then under again when you get onto the cave entrance.

Also as for .wils to use.. Korean ones are only and best ones. Unless again, you have good knowledge of the object and tile.wils

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Didnt bother reading to far to check if someone has already said this but... the main problem with that is if you wanted a Big map option then it would look rubbish , unless you completely finish the map you started off square and then done the temple on the other side, then you could easily crop both images for big map option...

Another problem would be that you would have to set the map a non teleport zone ..otherwise you'd have people Rt'ing in and out of the temple , could lead to some certain exploitation.

Dont forget coordinates are still needed , making this map pointless...cant really see what your trying to achieve..Sorry

Last edited: