What would you want to see?

Join Discord

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Right im going to make a server. But i want to add everything that people want (Within a good reason :P Not a free mir kit npc ect ya kno) Well anyway i want all your ideas down so i can make a brilliant server. It will take a long time to make if i have alot of good ideas.
Can you send me a PM With details of what you want in it.
PM Must include

Leveling?(EXP Rate ect):-

QuestIdeas:-

ItemNames:-

CaveNames:-

BossNames:-

MonsterNames:-

SpecialKits:-

PVP Options(Drop off body chance ect):-

GamePoint system(What you want done with them e.g. quest lines)

StoryLine??:-

Also i will need some1 to help with map making as i am utterly crap with it to say.
The rest i can do myself.

Thanks all

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Right im going to make a server. But i want to add everything that people want (Within a good reason :P Not a free mir kit npc ect ya kno) Well anyway i want all your ideas down so i can make a brilliant server. It will take a long time to make if i have alot of good ideas.
Can you send me a PM With details of what you want in it.
PM Must include

Leveling?(EXP Rate ect):-

QuestIdeas:-

ItemNames:-

CaveNames:-

BossNames:-

MonsterNames:-

SpecialKits:-

PVP Options(Drop off body chance ect):-

GamePoint system(What you want done with them e.g. quest lines)

StoryLine??:-

Also i will need some1 to help with map making as i am utterly crap with it to say.
The rest i can do myself.

Thanks all
not being funny dude, but thats like give me all my idea's as i cba think of any. but worth a try.
hint dont do Heaven/hell theme sooooo many people have taken that idea and ive been putting that idea into my servers for the last 3 year's and alot of people who have done it, has not pulled it off

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Nah i have lots of ideas miself mate, i was thinking of doing a fable sort of story line where quests link into each other. You kno wat i mean? I have tonnes of ideas but i just want people to say what they want so i can make a good server for them :P

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Nah i have lots of ideas miself mate, i was thinking of doing a fable sort of story line where quests link into each other. You kno wat i mean? I have tonnes of ideas but i just want people to say what they want so i can make a good server for them :P
why do you keep going on about fable ive never playd it and never will, i go my idea from Mythofsoma. not bad about the interlinking quests though

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
cuz i love the game lol, but i wana make sommat based on it :P

I was gona do stuff like if you do good quests you change your alignment to a good type and the more good quests you do unlock more good stuff. But if you bad and do bad quests.... the complete opposite ect.

Felicity

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 5, 2004
Lately; bored of game hopping. Someone should put up a new server, take it back to 1999! No dumb armours with wings or weapons that are 5x player size or just look like they shouldn't belong in mir.

No crazy stats, no tedious quests or novel ideas which sound good in theory but in practice totally ruin the server.
No pet rental.. whoever invented that needs a lobotomy!

As for rates, something comfortable, no one wants to grind too hard, however making it too easy ruins it, something around 15-25x sounds fine.

Maybe this suggestion seems slightly dull, but mir offers everything you need, when you start customising it to death it loses what the game is about.

What happened to the days when mir pvp was fun?

People get deluded when it comes to items/rates/stats whatever, its all relative. You dont need uber custom, uber big, uber shiny gear, use the gear mir offers - so what if things are hard to get or easy, its relative to the server you're playing.

Personally i think it'd be great to see some 2.3 server come out, normal statted items and average exp rate, nothing crazy that looks stupid, no rushed customs that unbalance. PvP which is fun!

Lets party at wt kr like its 1999 ! :ppunk:

Mackem

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 18, 2004
Kent, S.E England
i 100% agree with felicity there.....many servers have added too many stupid things like the big ass sword/wings/uber stats/fast lvling/easy obtainable items/pet rental.also unbalanced classes on every server thats up now. pvp should mean even chances of winning(unless ur trying to fight sum1 alot higher lvl than u)/donations(whoever started this should b shot, it gives other player a great disadvantage over those who have donated for goos items/lvls etc) that is y most servers fail and get shut down after a short while.

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
i 100% agree with felicity there.....many servers have added too many stupid things like the big ass sword/wings/uber stats/fast lvling/easy obtainable items/pet rental.also unbalanced classes on every server thats up now. pvp should mean even chances of winning(unless ur trying to fight sum1 alot higher lvl than u)/donations(whoever started this should b shot, it gives other player a great disadvantage over those who have donated for goos items/lvls etc) that is y most servers fail and get shut down after a short while.

PVP does not and should not mean even chances of winning. Classes are all different, therefore they will handle certain tasks differently (i.e leveling, boss killing & pvp)

Felicity

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 5, 2004
True say about e-shock. Wow i remember paying 150k for that book in euro mir back in the days when even hard gloves cost 80k! Which in those days was a lot :brows:

I miss the old soul armour, wizard robe and whatever, miss the old sprites for weapons.

Maybe its nostalgia, but i'm sure everyone feels this way when it comes to mir.

Like the other guy said about pvp, its true, its not even chances; the classes are different. Just nower days in mir servers everyone romps about with ++ stats and that isnt how it was designed, if people would realise that then they'd realise how detrimental that is to the whole dynamics of the gameplay and pvp.

I know theres much better mmo's about now but believe you me i'd trade it in for a well run, well thought of mir server that would hopefully acquire an adequate population; no one wants to play somewhere with only 9 people online :dunce:

People might say where is the fun in not having level 90 rebirth and mc50-100 staff of supersize shiny. But those people forget, to be 'uber' ingame it doesnt matter what equipment you have and what stats it is, what matters is that its better than what other people have in that server.

So yeah, i'm certain if someone hosts a somewhat 'back to basics' server it would become popular. I'd always offer some advice on how to keep it appealing without jumping on the custom bandwagon.

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
so it can be cheated on ??

If the server has active GMs then its quite hard to get away with cheating. When I put a 1.4 server online not too long ago not one person got away with cheating on it. The main reason being most people no longer have cheats for 1.4, and those that do didn't get away with it.

Felicity

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 5, 2004
ActiveMir .... Has all that Felicity thought

Maybe so, however exp rate seems too low, 2x, i mean come on. And also whats that bullsh*t about being given your chara which you have on euro, that being levels/equip, thats just stupid.

That reason alone is enough to put anyone off playing there.

diunei

LOMCN n00bie
Mar 10, 2004
i miss the days, 3 ppl grped, in wt kr, camp for 10 hrs.....people take shift, to go back to town to pot up, repair for teamate....longgggg line up waiting for their wt...without pking..but respect every camper...i still remember ppl said "i got next wt" "i got the 2nd one"..."i got the 3rd one"..etc...those days..........
guild hunt at ZT....2 full group of guild party...hunt all the way to kr... warr carry MP for wizz...tao spam mass heal on warrs meat wall....warr keep shouting heal heal heal...h plz h plz ..hhhhhh.....and few of the warr died.....but their team mate always help them pick up their items...omg...those days...omgomg...i want it back