When downloading files...

BountieHunter

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 18, 2003
London
Im currently trying to download Hitman Blood Money which was posted by urbanfox, so thanks alot for letting us download. Anyways the game is devided into 39 bits but i can only download 2 files at once is there a way that i can download more than 2?. I mean i have mozzila and normal internet, on mozzila i can only get 2 downloads and on normal internet i get 2 aswell i think, which makes it 4 downloads at a time. Can i download all 39 at once if so how? thanks for any help.

BountieHunter

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 18, 2003
London
Thanks guy's but taking into account that max download is 2 at once it will take a while to download all 39 :(

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
BountieHunter said:
Thanks guy's but taking into account that max download is 2 at once it will take a while to download all 39 :(

Are you a complete idiot?

If it auto ques up then you will download at same speed.

ok how i see it

my conenction max's out at 250kb/s soo..

125kb/s on 1 of each 2 files

or

6.4kb/s on 1 of each 39 files.

Your still downloading the same amount but just 2 at a time instead 39 at a time going at a slower rate...

/Tofas

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
Farphit said:
hes right ya kno ^^ lol.

Farril, dam i saw u posted and thought, dam i cant be wrong this time pleeeassee lol.

Then i saw the post and now im sitting up proudly :-P

/Tofas

Senture

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 8, 2004
I have to download 5 files at once from urban's site to max out my connection :/

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
Senture said:
I have to download 5 files at once from urban's site to max out my connection :/

Yea... but what you forget is that Bountie aint over my connection speed i know that....

But if his sites downloading slow as it has recently you will have to change settings so you can download more than 2 at once...

/Tofas

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
urbanfox said:
My connection maxed out and leveled...

i wasnt trying to put you down or be agaisnt you..

i was just saying recently i havnt been downloading at decent speeds of your site for awhile.

iv been getting 40-60kb/s normaly and i used to get full speeds myself...

Its no competition so you dont have to prove anything to me with the screenshot..

i was just saying...

/Tofas

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
Tofas said:
i wasnt trying to put you down or be agaisnt you..

i was just saying recently i havnt been downloading at decent speeds of your site for awhile.

iv been getting 40-60kb/s normaly and i used to get full speeds myself...

Its no competition so you dont have to prove anything to me with the screenshot..

i was just saying...

/Tofas

I never said you were attacking me and I wasn't proving anything other than if there is a problem it is on your end.

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
urbanfox said:
I never said you were attacking me and I wasn't proving anything other than if there is a problem it is on your end.

yea but by saying that your instantly defending yourself, thus meaning you felt i was attacking you...

I do get top speeds if i connect a few times with a download manager but no luck through single connections like firefox yet i can download full speed from other sites..

Dont wory, it isnt worrying me the slightest..

/Tofas

BountieHunter

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 18, 2003
London
Tofas said:
yea but by saying that your instantly defending yourself, thus meaning you felt i was attacking you...

I do get top speeds if i connect a few times with a download manager but no luck through single connections like firefox yet i can download full speed from other sites..

Dont wory, it isnt worrying me the slightest..

/Tofas

I got up to 100kb/sec-180kb/sec for easy file when i downloaded now i dont know how to instal the game :((

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
on firefox (should work on mozilla or netscape)

type this url
about:config

and you get a list of settings... type "connections" in the filter box.

set "network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-server" to 4 or 8. default is 2.

DO NOT use more than 8 as there's no point... you will be hitting the web server so the admins won't be happy.

other settings can be upped too
network.http.max-connections
network.http.max-connections-per-server
adjust them accordingly...