Which Computer do you prefer all round??

Which Computer? (Can Have Multiple Choice)

• Total voters

NewBlood

Natural Selection
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2003
Manchester
It depends really.

aslong as the pc is good (laptop or desktop) it will be better than all the rest as it can play the biggest selection of games.

but if its not so good then an xbox would be good as that gives more action console stlye games online which is something the pc lacks, pure action games.

hoping to get meself an xbox soon o.O

Hate

Desktop PC - Owns everything really, dont think i have to explain why.

Laptop - Can be better than a desktop (but costs more).

Xbox - Owns all other consoles (pc and laptop beat it tho).

ps2 - peice of ****.

Gamecube - Made for 5 year olds, by 5 year olds :)

GBA (+SP) - rofl same as above, a peice of crap (a phone company made a better portable console lmao).

N-Gage - better than GBA (+SP), but its still a peice of ****, isnt worth the box it comes in.

Smiler

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 23, 2004
United Kingdom
I think that ps2 is the best for games and that xbox is the best for graphics, but for just browsinhg the web and stuff i think that the desktop pc is betta, laptops have never really interested me that much, and as for gamecube, thats a piece of crap :)

/Smiler

Last edited:

DarkXXX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 9, 2004
Sheffield
Im lucky enough to have laptop, desktop, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, GBA SP and i used to have N-Gage. For overall action gameplay i would say XBox strategy games deffinately PC. N-Gage is a brilliant machine apart from the fact that you have to remove the battery to play another game and you have to hold the phone side-on to talk. GBA SP is great especially for the price. PS2 has had its day XBox outstrips it in every aspect (including in my opinion the controllers as i like the large ones better than the S pads). Gamecube is a fun machine for cartoon games and Rogue Squadron. Laptops are cool for sunny days you can go into the garden and move it around.
They all have their ups and downs.

Pyros

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 16, 2003
PC first, don't mind laptop or desktop, then the gamecube. Best console for multiplayer games in my opinion, like bomberman and mario kart, 4 players on them is good fun.

DragonWoLf

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
eternity
pffffttt n-gage, what a load of sh*tz0r, is it a phone or a gaming device??? neither its crap

Adamantium

Ive got 2 laptops ,2 desktops ,Xbox ,PS2 ,Psone , Ps,Gba ,Gba SP ,Nokia n-Gage

Ps2 V Xbox , ps2 more games :Xbox beter gfx

Laptop V Dektop , Prefer laptop all day long

Nokia V Gba , Gba has more games , N-gage beter gfx and beter games

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
i have (including my house and dads)

4 PC's, laptop, GBA, PS2 x2.

Pc's and laptops are best, obviously, but Laptop prolly better, not as fast as 3 of the pcs, but good 2 sit n watch tv with laptop on lap. Its fast, 2.2gh z, 512ram, so its great, but pcs faster.

PS2, best console imo. Looks 10x better than xbox, more games, and just better overall.

GBA is crap lol, but good for holidays, plane and all other travels.

COPY

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2003
Bed Room
best bit about x box is the fact you can chip it your self easily if you know any thing about making comps, you can hook it up to your pc and then put any sorta simulartor on it so there for caqn play perty much any game you want on it, so thats fun :)

HolyCow

GameCube is a great console, separates the casual gamers from the hardcore. All hardcore gamers I know (and thats basically all my friends) love the GC to bits. Why? Because they play for the games, not for the pretty graphics.

X-Box's are cool, my girlfriends bro is borrowing one off a mate of his. When he's given it back we're gonna get our own and get it modded.

My PS2 rocks, loads of games on it as it's been chipped, recently been playing a lot of I-Ninja which is just a kick ass game

GBA/GBA SP both kick ass, the whole Game Boy line is totally amazing, how anyone can not find them fun is totally beyond me.

Never played an N-Gage, would like to but don't know anyone who's got one. To be honest they seem like a bit of a waste of money. I mean, I've got a mobile phone, I've got my GBA...I don't need them combined O_o

Desktop PC (and to a certain extent, laptops too) have always been and will always be the best gaming platform for FPS and RTS no matter what anyone says, there is no possible way you can beat the keyboard and mouse setup, I don't care what anyone says.

Voted for all the platforms except for N-Gage as I've never used one, as someone earlier said, they've all got their good points and bad points but no matter which console you have (PS2, GameCube or X-Box) GET I-NINJA FOR IT!! It's one of the best games you will play this year.

CrAzY

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 20, 2003
I chose PS2, Xbox and desktop pc just cos there the best lol

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
PC - what better is there to do indoors, other than to have a good rinse on Counter Strike, or a laugh on ur favourite mir server?

But, in the situation of 3 drunk mates in your house - or hell even in theirs(and you drunk too), entertainment comes best in the form of GameCube, the small controlers, best multiplayer games (childish - yet satisfying - yeah you all love it really). You cant beat a good old mario party ;)

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
if u want mazza party play No1 on the N64 lol cept when u have to spin the analogue around n it ripps ur palm to peices

*oh the memorys*

Mar 23, 2003
Cairo Orbital Defence Platform
Wittin said:
But, in the situation of 3 drunk mates in your house - or hell even in theirs(and you drunk too), entertainment comes best in the form of GameCube, the small controlers, best multiplayer games (childish - yet satisfying - yeah you all love it really). You cant beat a good old mario party ;)

Pff, Worms Armageddon pisses all over mario party.