which mobo?

d1craig

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
so i am getting a new pc. hopefully building it myself. the one thing that is throwing me is the motherboards.

Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7
Asus Maximus Ranger
MSI Z97 Gaming 5

i have chosen these mobos as they are in a bundle on OcUK that comes with a cpu, cpu cooler and RAM. i beleive they are each brands equivalent for that price range ie. they are what you would put head to head.

the Asus looks the best but after reading up about RMA they seem to be awful to deal with. and its not a UK RMA.
the MSI looks good, not as good as the asus but still looks good. EU RMA and a pain in the arse to deal with?
the Gigabyte looks the least pleasing out of the lot but it has a UK RMA and its hard to find bad stuff about them.

so what do you lot think? i am heading towards the gigabyte as now i am tempting fate i cant accept the long and awkward RMAs lol.

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
I love my MSI motherboard, easy to use over clocking features, zero problems so far, software that's pretty decent that comes with it for monitoring etc. I'd recommend it!

Warlock

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 13, 2003
Scotland, UK.
I personally have always owned Asus boards and usually the ROG models till now and never had a problem with any in terms or reliability and overclocking potential.. usually packed with great features some boards dont offer.

Either board would be great to be honest but if its the RMA situation thats a problem get the Gigabyte.. their reputation for solid/reliable and great overclocking says enough.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
I've always gone with Gigabyte but tbh it's more of a preference thing. Gigabyte have never let me down performance or reliability wise.