Who wud play MiGHT????

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
You say Old Skool vs Might but if Im honest I liked Might better.
More unique and more stuff added.
Old Skool is lacking this. Needs a lot more to keep the higher lvls still playing.

My vote would be yes. Would only play with a half decent user count though.
then give me ideas ... lol

and ye obviously the subclass isnt "unique".

Playboy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 20, 2006
Grantham / Lincolnshire
then give me ideas ... lol

and ye obviously the subclass isnt "unique".

The sub class , haha i was thinkin of that way befor MiGHT even went online even befor that server called bandet....
and most of the ideas on OS is off MiGHT anyway.

should really make a server that aint unbalanced as atm your server is a 5min job

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
The sub class , haha i was thinkin of that way befor MiGHT even went online even befor that server called bandet....
and most of the ideas on OS is off MiGHT anyway.

should really make a server that aint unbalanced as atm your server is a 5min job
yer id like to see u write the sub class thing we have, seein as the qfunction is massive

thinkin of stuff and doin stuff r totaly different things

wot ideas are off might? plz lemme know

wots unbalanced? as when i look atppl fightin it seems balanced 2 me

Dookie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2004
Both servers seem pretty good, can't say i've played MiGHT but i know NewHope is pretty good with the files. OldSkool looks pretty good to, brings somthing a bit different.

But can't say i'd play either, never even played a private server really. Lol.

- Lind

Last edited:

Elvin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 14, 2003
middlesex
i have not played Might myself but i do know this
all the wils in the graphics/monster folder are the ones i put together for Hell.

Im not complaining tho as all the work that i do for the community is for everyone and not just the server that i help work on . (may put a copyright in my next set of files hehehe)

so why all the biatching about a few bits an pieces

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
i have not played Might myself but i do know this
all the wils in the graphics/monster folder are the ones i put together for Hell.

Im not complaining tho as all the work that i do for the community is for everyone and not just the server that i help work on . (may put a copyright in my next set of files hehehe)

so why all the biatching about a few bits an pieces

Wrong.
I made a few myself then took ones from MR/P69. :eek:
I also made the armour/weapon ones myself.

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
lol dunno what Might has the OldSkool doesnt :S but if someone tells me i'll be more than happy to reply with "lol, r u serious" :P

I actually played MiGHT , and I dont remember seeing 1/2 the stuff we have down at OldSkool ... What I do know is in 1 week we got 75 Usercount :P and Might topped at 45 after 2-4weeks???

Ritek

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 6, 2004
I wouldn't play MiGHT again tbh

OS is far better, although I would like to see more quests in OS as you can get a little bored at times, maybe some more floors in caves too.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
I wouldn't play MiGHT again tbh

OS is far better, although I would like to see more quests in OS as you can get a little bored at times, maybe some more floors in caves too.
have u talked to quest lady recently? she has a whole set of quests... its in stages, stage1 is all about killin certain mobs, stage2 is kilin boss's, stage3 is collectin items, stage4 is killin harder mobs mixed with boss's, and tehre wil be more stages

im gonna add some other quests aswell besdies questlady, altho she will be the main 1

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
lol dunno what Might has the OldSkool doesnt :S but if someone tells me i'll be more than happy to reply with "lol, r u serious" :P

I actually played MiGHT , and I dont remember seeing 1/2 the stuff we have down at OldSkool ... What I do know is in 1 week we got 75 Usercount :P and Might topped at 45 after 2-4weeks???

Most players i ever had online was 52. But i averaged around 40-45.

Most likely the fact that i stuck to the euro structure, provided a wide selection of caves, items and drops which made it so that not everyone has the exact same kits ingame. A wide selection on boss mobs many of which were soloable, with the ones that required groups dropping extremely better than the rest. A server that wasn't pieced together haphazzardly and that took pride in its neatness in regards to how things meshed together (for simpletons, i didn't make a map and shove npcs on it leading to every cave ingame).

I enjoy playing OldSkool, every now and again but to play it constantly bores me as the options of things to do and places to hunt is minimal.

Also when my server was up Mirrevenge wasn't going through such a intensly bad phase lol. I also don't have an msn with all my 'mir friends' on.

Half the stuff you have? you mean a poorly made class system which is causing your server to lag constantly? a simple quest system? ... maybe you mean the double-clickable goldbars, the 'exppotions', the @tele, with the message "You were safely teleported to BichonWall". The @key spells? The crafting of a potion to removed pk points... :eek:
I think i saw all these on MiGHT... but i don't remember because it was so forgettable...

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
all boss's on might droped crap, u could get a full kit from normal mobs

every time u added new items, they was better than the previous 1s, at a lower level.... all the higher level items was crap.. there was no balance between the items... no rares...

no boss's droped extremely good, they all droped crap lol... and all was soloable, appart from fox boss which was 2 overpowered...

class system doesnt make the server lag, the lag was caused by 2005.. there is no lag.

every server has clickable goldbars, altho might had them bugged.. ud lose 2 goldbars and only recive 1mil.
might didnt have exp potions
craftable pk potions aint ingame the npc simply removes.
key7 8 9 and @tele etc... all servers have these.

u say might had more than oldskool... yet all the new boss's on oldskool might didnt have.

might was ok, but towards the end once u added that boss cave... no1 wanted to do ne thing, i got bored and quit... ppl jsut logged on at 7-9pm 2 go boss cave.

i aint gonna argue over whos server is better, but servers taht were put down for no reason, then come bk never go well.... 1 reason bein every1s played it before and dont wanan do it again, and 2nd bein u could just put it down again for no reason...

btw wot quests did might have? as i remember 2... key7 for relic etc, and the quest in boss cave... wot else? lol

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
all boss's on might droped crap, u could get a full kit from normal mobs

every time u added new items, they was better than the previous 1s, at a lower level.... all the higher level items was crap.. there was no balance between the items... no rares...

no boss's droped extremely good, they all droped crap lol... and all was soloable, appart from fox boss which was 2 overpowered...

Everything you had on your server, i had.
Unlike you i was taking my time to add it to the server, plus there bing only one of me working on it and having a full-time job did impact on that near the later weeks (you know, after the christmas holidays).

You don't understand balance.
You put every stat onto one item then just increase the stats every 5 levels. My server gave people options of what items they wanted, high ac/hp/mp/amc/mc/sc/dc items or combined to make decent kits. Your server doesn't have that. People look and hurt practically the same. Most of the items may have not been rare, but it was being worked on... GFS was fine, that was the problem people screamed for harder bosses but when i added them people cried.

Eugh this is pointless, could go on forever.
What im trying to say is...

Its not hard to make a server these days, people are practically spoon fed everything they need to make a fairly decent server, you included. I mean i managed it, with lack of passion and on my own lol.
Nowadays its not hard to hit a high usercount seeing as no one server can attract the majority of players. Theres no option of servers out there also, as they're all poorly made/run.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
EDIT:- oops i may be wrong , given wrong info :D
i must confess, i used hell client as a base, seein as the TD files u posted where sorta from hell... and when iwas settin up i thought it would be the best client choice to use lol. altho ive changed around a few mob+weapon files, aswell as addin alot more to the mmap and map files, so i guess i should say thx :P

Everything you had on your server, i had.
Unlike you i was taking my time to add it to the server, plus there bing only one of me working on it and having a full-time job did impact on that near the later weeks (you know, after the christmas holidays).

You don't understand balance.
You put every stat onto one item then just increase the stats every 5 levels. My server gave people options of what items they wanted, high ac/hp/mp/amc/mc/sc/dc items or combined to make decent kits. Your server doesn't have that. People look and hurt practically the same. Most of the items may have not been rare, but it was being worked on... GFS was fine, that was the problem people screamed for harder bosses but when i added them people cried.

Eugh this is pointless, could go on forever.
What im trying to say is...

Its not hard to make a server these days, people are practically spoon fed everything they need to make a fairly decent server, you included. I mean i managed it, with lack of passion and on my own lol.
Nowadays its not hard to hit a high usercount seeing as no one server can attract the majority of players. Theres no option of servers out there also, as they're all poorly made/run.
aha u say i dont understand balance... funny... u had oma items that were the best stated items at lvl 58 /61... when higher lvl kit was crap. there are a varity of items like HP ac set etc...do dunno where u got that idea from.
also u had NO rare items... bar para/pro... u had no rare sets, items was easy 2 get.. after that there was nothing 2 aim for

also.. u say might was perfectly balance.. ur sister/brother also bangs on about how amazingly balanced it was... yet if i remember correctly.....

-1v1 Vs a tao u couldnt win, deva was un potable and overpowered.
-Pets were overpowered.... it was not a fight of players vs players... it began a fight of whoever had the more pets.
Pets are an AID... urs were an overpowered joke lol, they solo'd boss's and hurt more than the players
-Blizzard/meteor... both overpowered and just 1hit every1 and ne thing, amazing.

u say everything oldskool has might has... might didnt have artic cave? jichontemple? GT caves? lithiumprovince? ant cave? numa cave? turtle cave? shimagin province? evilmir? DDD? thats 10 caves.

caves u had that oldskool doesnt
-tha place where greatdevil spawned... jsut a copy of ZT.. cant rly coutn as new but we'll let u have it
-SW cave, i jsut havnt got around 2 doin 1 yet but its on my list
-Chi caves... just a copy of current maps, again not rly "new"
wot else did it have as im drawin a blank here

yes it may seem petty and pointless arguein like this, but when ur sheman brother bangs on about how much better might is i feel the need 2 go into detail and reply. im also very competitive :eek:

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
I liked the bit where i hunted for and gemmed up my OKR's then they get stat changed, so it was a waste of time.
Or the bit where i lost my kit magically between logs.
Or the bit where people would only come on for the 7-9pm GMC.

At the end of the day, it served its purpose, it WAS enjoyable for a bit. Till the new content got a bit silly. Like no one would hunt bosses as GMC would be open later or you could get a mate to make you a tele.
Then it got a bit repetitive, the user count sunk, and thats when it was put down, and i'd say let it rest there.

There was 'new' elements, but none were amazingly creative to the point of creating a unique server, which i feel servers like Meteora and OS are trying to do.

/Gandi

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
im also very competitive :eek:

Likewise.
Which is why im tempted to bring might back up.

I have all the new things, its was just harder for me to update at a steady rate. Also the balance was fixed on most things, as you left you wouldn't have realised i balanced the whole item database. Aswell as added a variety of band new items. I was also in the process of adding much harder boss mobs, i believe during our little chats which you feel you need to bring up here i explained this to you. Remember 1 person + a job = not much free time. :eek:

The caves you were listed were 'NEW', just not 'NEW' maps... I would use poorly made maps with no minimaps but that isn't what i tend to go for. The map doesn't have too much of an impact on the cave just so long as its useable and theres things to kill on it.

The only reason why your spells don't 1 hit people is because every item has HP/MP, plus spells which give extra HP/MP. Original, right? :eek:

I obviously believe my server was better because i made it, and i put alot of time into doing so. I believe my Beta part of the server advertisement prepared people for not playing a perfect server, plus the constant reminders ingame that it was being balanced by having 40-45 people testing and finding bugs on a daily basis was also good. Well for the people who reported the bugs. ;)

Everyone had overpowered pets.
I was in the process of sorting them a few days before i took the server offline. :D

I myself enjoy any server aslong as it has a decent usercount so theres people to start rivalries with. Both MiGHT and OldSkool had/has this, i think its why they were/are 'memorable'. Plus the fact we supplied alot of variety in what people could do, instead of just LEVEL/PK.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
The caves you were listed were 'NEW', just not 'NEW' maps... I would use poorly made maps with no minimaps but that isn't what i tend to go for. The map doesn't have too much of an impact on the cave just so long as its useable and theres things to kill on it.

The only reason why your spells don't 1 hit people is because every item has HP/MP, plus spells which give extra HP/MP. Original, right? :eek:

I obviously believe my server was better because i made it, and i put alot of time into doing so. I believe my Beta part of the server advertisement prepared people for not playing a perfect server, plus the constant reminders ingame that it was being balanced by having 40-45 people testing and finding bugs on a daily basis was also good. Well for the people who reported the bugs. ;)

Everyone had overpowered pets.
I was in the process of sorting them a few days before i took the server offline. :D

I myself enjoy any server aslong as it has a decent usercount so theres people to start rivalries with. Both MiGHT and OldSkool had/has this, i think its why they were/are 'memorable'. Plus the fact we supplied alot of variety in what people could do, instead of just LEVEL/PK.
i guess thats down to the persons opinion... i like to see new and different maps, 1s that are new that i need to explore and learn about. not hard to make a copy of a map, rename it and stick it in. Maps make the cave, they have a huge impact on them imo.

no because my spells aint overpowered like urs lol. the extra hp/mp on items i added just to be different, it doesnt make a whole lot of difference lol.

like ive said before, all new servers r unbalanced at the start, it takes time to perfect the balance... only reason i go on about it is cause katlin says OS is **** and unbalanced where as might had a 'perfect balance'

You saw urself pets were overpowered, yet ignored it and added otehr stuff instead lol.

i personally see oldskool at about 60% completion, ive still got a hell of a lot of ideas and stuff in notepads to add. however i saw an opportunity of puttin a server online and took advantage of it, and its paid off.

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
i personally see oldskool at about 60% completion, ive still got a hell of a lot of ideas and stuff in notepads to add. however i saw an opportunity of puttin a server online and took advantage of it, and its paid off.

Exactly what i did.
But MiGHT was probably around 30% completed, but christmas time? no decent servers up? Im a giver. :D

Elvin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 14, 2003
middlesex
Exactly what i did.
But MiGHT was probably around 30% completed, but christmas time? no decent servers up? Im a giver. :D

mentioning no server name but i know a decent server thats been up for a long time before christmas and will still be up next christmas.

@Bon thanks for the compliment but im not sure if you got the full rebuild of the client with all the graphics stuff in or not .