Why did no euro clones do well?

Tashohnie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 13, 2009
I could be wrong but I seem to remember many people over the years doing euro clones and well non of them are still standing as far as I'm aware.

Why do you think this is?

Due to the lack of security grinding for so long with the chance the server can go down at any min?

Was it just the same old same old over again?

Just curious tbh because all I ever see is people talk about how good euro mir was just wonder why a clone of it never took off -.-

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
Euro was only good because of the usercount, no euro private server will ever get close to it, Noone wants to play a euro clone anymore everyone's been there done that & majority don't like low rate servers although i still think a p server runs alot better being a low rate, everytghing seems to work better and be more balenced and people don't level to far ahead of anyone else, keeping it intresting. Euro is in the past and that's where it should be left with good memorys :)

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Lol there is no chance a euro clone would work, Its for free your not paying for a guarenteed service why would you spend weeks of your life getting to level 35 when you could nip onto a high rate and start at say level 30 and then be level 50 by the time you went to sleep that night. Wouldnt matter as much if the server went down. Some of the first euro clones worked well and had a stable user count.

Hone

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 10, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
There's just very little demand for them nowadays. As far as I'm aware mine is the only low rate server open and has been that way for a while. Mir players seem to have short attention spans nowadays and actually seem to enjoy having their characters wiped, having servers close on them and moving on to the next one. But h3y i gotz lvl 70 in 20mins so its all gud!

Very strange.

GOMEEE

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 5, 2009
Ex MR low rate is still about. has been up for just over a year i think. but usercount really is starting to fall there. but even with the low user count it has no plans of going anywhere unless things get really rough.

also due to the fact it was related to mirrevenge kinda puts peolpe off lol. which sucks

steve

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 20, 2005
Reading
why didnt they do well? let me think because everyone played euro mir for years and got bored cosw its **** and boring