Why do you still visit LOMCN?

Join Discord

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
Pure addiction that no other MMO can scratch. It's not even just nostalgia, No other MMO has been made with the mechanics this has.

Keep coming back at the moment for Chronicles 3D and Euro Reborn

Omnibus

Banned
Banned
Dec 9, 2021
I'm just here to let off steam. I wonder what people are smoking to love Mir so much!!!

Pusha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
Pure addiction that no other MMO can scratch. It's not even just nostalgia, No other MMO has been made with the mechanics this has.

Keep coming back at the moment for Chronicles 3D and Euro Reborn
Me and a friend spoke about this, we always wait for ages for the next big MMO and we have played so many over the last 10-15 years.

Elder Scrolls Online
Guild Wars 2
NeverWinter
Lost Ark
New World
Black Desert Online

Just to name a few I can remember, nothing ever comes close to Mir, even with it's dated graphics and player base being absolute arseholes we still love it.

Up coming ones that we are looking forward to but not getting our hopes up are Throne And Liberty and Ashes Of Creation.

Meanwhile still very excited for Primordials Mir 2 to release.

Reactions: PoPcOrN

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Me and a friend spoke about this, we always wait for ages for the next big MMO and we have played so many over the last 10-15 years.

Elder Scrolls Online
Guild Wars 2
NeverWinter
Lost Ark
New World
Black Desert Online

Just to name a few I can remember, nothing ever comes close to Mir, even with it's dated graphics and player base being absolute arseholes we still love it.

Up coming ones that we are looking forward to but not getting our hopes up are Throne And Liberty and Ashes Of Creation.

Meanwhile still very excited for Primordials Mir 2 to release.
played pretty much all them, Lineage 2 was the only one that come close, real world open pvp

Reactions: Pusha

Pusha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
played pretty much all them, Lineage 2 was the only one that come close, real world open pvp
Never tried that one tbh.

I did play Albion Online as well which wasn't too bad, pretty harsh when you go into certain zones though, I didn't realise black zone gives more exp and drops but when you get PKD you literally drop everything off your body and in your bag :ROFLMAO: didn't log on again after lol.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Never tried that one tbh.

I did play Albion Online as well which wasn't too bad, pretty harsh when you go into certain zones though, I didn't realise black zone gives more exp and drops but when you get PKD you literally drop everything off your body and in your bag :ROFLMAO: didn't log on again after lol.
Yeah we played Albion, and it was fun for a bit, but you'd get people running through 2v2 dungeon things with such **** T4/T5 items lol, and you time you do it you get someone in their T7 raping everyone.

L2 was definitely a staple, and we've all pretty much compared games to Mir, pretty sure we played all the asian style games, I'm sure one was called like Wu Tang or something, but i remember having a spear skilling scarecrow lol, ages ago though.

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
Yeah we played Albion, and it was fun for a bit, but you'd get people running through 2v2 dungeon things with such **** T4/T5 items lol, and you time you do it you get someone in their T7 raping everyone.

L2 was definitely a staple, and we've all pretty much compared games to Mir, pretty sure we played all the asian style games, I'm sure one was called like Wu Tang or something, but i remember having a spear skilling scarecrow lol, ages ago though.
Last mmo I enjoyed was new world but maxed quick. Its a good game. Rift meets Warhammer.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Last mmo I enjoyed was new world but maxed quick. Its a good game. Rift meets Warhammer.
Yeah same, it was fun 1-50, then just felt boring af unsure why games do this, I dragged it out too trying my best to complete all the zone quests before moving on etc.

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
Waiting for that one millionaire with money to throw... who buys a license to run an official Mir 2 or 3 server internationally. (runs it for fun, not profit)

Where you at, still waiting.

• Haha
Reactions: Omnibus

Omnibus

Banned
Banned
Dec 9, 2021
Waiting for that one millionaire with money to throw... who buys a license to run an official Mir 2 or 3 server internationally. (runs it for fun, not profit)

All the glamour man. All the glamour!

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Excuse meForget you even exist at times.. if you're absent anymore you'll get promoted to Admin 👀
come again over it GIF

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
you heard me biatch.
Post automatically merged:

This would be absolutely amazing, but I doubt it wouldn't be the same... unless we could get our existing accounts restored, also all onto 1 server 😬

I'd also be inclined to say it'd need to have some hurdles implemented to limit it to EU players.. to stop it becoming flooded with Chinese/Korean players.

Last edited: