Why is LOMCN stance on stolen chonicles files to Censor?

smoochy boys on tour

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
Lets think rationally for just one second.

You have a website, founded on the theft of the 1.4 files from a Company that actually paid for them.
Now this website earns traffic from predominantly Chronicles users I'd imagine.
And when the chronicles files are stolen they are going to censor the servers based off them?

The morality of copyright infringement and intellectual property rights from a private server website.

You have guides on running the 1.4 files, but the chronicles files are stolen.

This is getting hilarious. I am entertained greatly :D

Don't tell me, all the client data on chronicles was drawn from scratch as well, loll.

The biggest problem with censorship is ** ******* *****

God forbid someone downloads an MP3 :p

Jacko

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2011
the netherlands

You have a website, founded on the theft of the 1.4 files from a Company that actually paid for them.
And when the chronicles files are stolen they are going to censor the servers based off them?

The morality of copyright infringement and intellectual property rights from a private server website.

Don't tell me, all the client data on chronicles was drawn from scratch as well, loll.

You sue me I download mp3 does the music I listen on my iPhone have to be censored too? :D

---------- Post Merged at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:25 PM ----------

Because with it contains all of the users Account information?
Strip information and release files.. Nothing wrong with that

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Why bother coding any files if we're just gonna hack them a few months down the line and release them publicly? Oh that's right we do it for user protection and server protection o0. That's.. really just not hard to guess at all :/

Don't see why peoples hard work should be leaked freely until they decide. That's my opnion. And LOMCN has censored stolen files for years not just chronicles. This is a known fact. Figured someone who had been here as long as yourself would of read the rules atleast once or twice but hey ho.

/Czelda

Jacko

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2011
the netherlands
Why bother coding any files if we're just gonna hack them a few months down the line and release them publicly? Oh that's right we do it for user protection and server protection o0. That's.. really just not hard to guess at all :/

Don't see why peoples hard work should be leaked freely until they decide. That's my opnion. And LOMCN has censored stolen files for years not just chronicles. This is a known fact. Figured someone who had been here as long as yourself would of read the rules atleast once or twice but hey ho.

/Czelda
I don't remember Azura his kings files being censored and then suddenly everyone was using them and then he decided to make them public cause nothing was done anyways

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007

/Czelda

Doesnt everything you've said apply to WEMADE? and the original 1.4 files?
Also all of the client files?

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008

I agree to an extent, that teams messed it up by letting everyone be involved with server, bens server never got 'hacked' and his files were good

i just cant understand why someone would 'hack' a server and release the files with full db's its like its an inside job and the teams kept very quiet regarding all this and never respond to any of my posts, theres alot going on we dont know about

PS: I'm a Chronicles player

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
It is being claimed that you must be a developer AND a member of this community for your work to be protected.
If this stance were at all true, then any member of WeMade staff would have just had to register and request their work be removed.

These statements simply are not true.

Human beings protect their own interests.
Morality goes out the window when self preservation is at stake.

Being able to have a frank discussion is something i do appreciate, however.

Jungle123

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Feb 2, 2014
I remember azuras mir3 files being stolen then leaked. Nothing was censored then. Hypocrisy if lomcn never ceases to amaze

Sent from my Q8 using Tapatalk

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Lol, aye

Website based on stolen files does not allow servers using stolen files to advertise.

On that basis, mayaswell close the whole forums? as every single server advertised here is using stolen files.

#Morons

Follower

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 2, 2005
Australia

They are not saying don't advertise your servers...

They are saying don't advertise using Chronicles files. You put in 2 years developing a set of files and I'm sure you'd also be pissed off without giving permission for some one else to use them...

Jungle123

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Feb 2, 2014
Azuras mir3 files were stolen then leaked. How is this any different

Sent from my Q8 using Tapatalk

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
They are not saying don't advertise your servers...

They are saying don't advertise using Chronicles files. You put in 2 years developing a set of files and I'm sure you'd also be pissed off without giving permission for some one else to use them...

Or imagine your the Original developer of AppleM2 and you explicitly stated that it should remain open source.
Or imagine your working for WeMade and you explicitly stated that peoples jobs and lives are dependent on respecting copyright.
Or imagine your Azura and your Mir3 server is stolen and nobody gives a ****.

You'd have to bury your head in the sand not to see the double standards.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
so on the basis that the server files were initially stolen, now every private server must release their core files on here for others to use? Yeah, that's logical.

Sam and crew have worked for years on these files, and for them to be stolen only to see everyone just advertise copys of the server is pointless. We all know if people were allowed to advertise using chronicals files that they would all be 100% identical, as 90% of server creators have no imagination or talent.

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
so on the basis that the server files were initially stolen, now every private server must release their core files on here for others to use? Yeah, that's logical.

Sam and crew have worked for years on these files, and for them to be stolen only to see everyone just advertise copys of the server is pointless. We all know if people were allowed to advertise using chronicals files that they would all be 100% identical, as 90% of server creators have no imagination or talent.

WRONG WRONG WRONG

now what u would see is how far people can push these files even without the source just like what was done with the 1.4 files 1.9 files TD files and every set of mir 3 files. the first server to come up is always very basic and "euro" .

people arnt playing Chronicles because its an amazing server but mainly for the user count and the fights it brings. Now am not saying the servers bad and dont take it like am calling there work **** am not in any way. what the coders have done is brilliant. by far the best set of files we have had to date. but thats were it stops there all coders and the server lacks a real GM so to say.

Samuel is busting his balls fixing things and then having to reply to all this **** on forums, what looks like on his own.....

1. whats happened to the other members of the team
2. why is Samuel taking all the **** and not the others that wont even pots on here

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
WRONG WRONG WRONG

now what u would see is how far people can push these files even without the source just like what was done with the 1.4 files 1.9 files TD files and every set of mir 3 files. the first server to come up is always very basic and "euro" .

When, when have you ever seen a private server creator "push these files". Lets ignore the few large servers which have actually had imagination, and focus on the rest of them that go (and in a really high voice in a sarcastic tone) "Ooh look we've added 2 new maps and renamed some monsters and added a new item set and made everything x50".

****. THAT. ****.

We're all bored of replica servers that stay up for a week, that have no unique content and bring no creativity. Chronicles has given us a unique server that's brought old players back to mir in a crowd no one ever expected we'd see again.

people arnt playing Chronicles because its an amazing server but mainly for the user count and the fights it brings.

So you're saying people play this server because people play this server? That's illogical and stupid. People play chronicles because it's a good server. Having the high user count BECAUSE its a good server makes people just enjoy it more, and releasing Sams files would diminish that user count with shoddy replicas brought up in a week with every one thinking (also in a high sarcastic voice) "Oooh if i add a new map and change some monster names maybe i can also get 500 users to my server and be the best there ever was (insert pokemon theme music)"

Now am not saying the servers bad and dont take it like am calling there work **** am not in any way. what the coders have done is brilliant. by far the best set of files we have had to date. but thats were it stops there all coders and the server lacks a real GM so to say.

Samuel is busting his balls fixing things and then having to reply to all this **** on forums, what looks like on his own.....

So what you're saying here is you don't want Sam to bust his balls, so he should publicly release his files so he can share his work load with other servers?

[Insert face palm photo here]

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
The files were stolen.

I don't understand why people are moaning about LOMCN denying the use of Stolen files, I'd expect my own work to be treated the same way if stolen.

Obviously some people on this forum have obtained the files and have or are planning to work on them, if so...try your luck elsewhere because LOMCN does not condone the use of other peoples work when STOLEN!

It would be a different story if Samuel released his Binaries.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
DavidShaw the fact you can't string a sentance together negates your right to a reply but I'm feeling generous.

DavidShaw said:
Doesnt everything you've said apply to WEMADE? and the original 1.4 files?
Also all of the client files?

It's called not shitting on your own doorstep. A life lesson you should learn, along with some other things by the looks of it.

Reactions: TheMasterGee

mythikValentine

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Feb 6, 2014
The Pirate Code "Honour amoungst thieves" is what should be applied. yes the mir files were obtained in a way not becoming of a saint, but that does not mean things should continue to be stolen because of the original crime. a murder for a murder?

TravisW

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 4, 2007
It would be cool if Samuel has something coded in to kill any server hoping to use those files. Kind of like Andreas did for his files.
Thieves should have their hands chopped off.
**** pirates and their code.