Will WeMade sell on?

graphite

Likes to retract PayPal transactions.
Dedicated Member
Apr 2, 2009
Do you think after we've all tested it.. WeMade will eventully sell it on? ..

Painkiller

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 11, 2006
if they make a nice profit from it i recon they'll keep it for a while

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
You like your 'what if' scenarios don't you?

No one knows the future and this would all be speculation. It would be stupid for Wemade to sell it on if they have the infrastructure to host the game.

graphite

Likes to retract PayPal transactions.
Dedicated Member
Apr 2, 2009
You like your 'what if' scenarios don't you?

No one knows the future and this would all be speculation. It would be stupid for Wemade to sell it on if they have the infrastructure to host the game.

Well I thought forums were to discuss? :P

WeMade have sold on before..twice that I can remember from, why would they do it again?

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Well I thought forums were to discuss? :P

WeMade have sold on before..twice that I can remember from, why would they do it again?

Sold on. You mean licensed there games? Considering they weren't hosting English versions of said games at the time it's not selling on.

If Wemade wanted someone else to host the game they would of sold it like they sold Mir2 to Gamepot.

And there is discussion and random questions that no one can never truly answer lol

BeerWolf

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2005
As a F2P I honestly don't think it will last long [past a year], and taking into account it's a pretty old game it's not very appealing to the more modern gamer of today... so who knows?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
korean mirs been F2P for ages now. and thats still going strong.

the graphics may not be 3d, but u cant beats its gameplay style. i doubt mir will never totally go off the map. atleast not in places like china or korea anyway.

Primal

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jun 28, 2004
the gameplay of mir is good compared to alot of games
i dont think it'll die off
and with it being f2p im sure there'll be alot more players too

mir3kr

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 6, 2009
they will make a lot more money than pay for play. you know every normal player has spent over 9million KRW on a single char. some serious people even spent 200x more on their chars. I think that was the reason the want to extend contract with IEN. not to metion GN

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
Mir is the only REAL-TIME MMORPG i've ever played.

In that regard I mean where the player can physically dodge an attack by moving from the spot where that attack is being aimed, in the slight delay between the client-server communication.

This is the key to the face paced gameplay and the feeling of being in total control of the character, you can run onto a spot where a wizards gunna cast Meteor, or you can dash off a spot where a flamefield is about to be cast.

Any 3D Game, they'd target you with Meteor, and it'd hit based on some stastistical calculation ... In Mir ... You can avoid attacks entirely with good movement. no 3D Game has been able to do this as far as i've seen.

Player has total control and nothing is impossible provided you can outmanuevre another mob or player while still landing your attacks...

Ahhh, great stuff...

2dang3rous

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2004
Mir is the only REAL-TIME MMORPG i've ever played.

In that regard I mean where the player can physically dodge an attack by moving from the spot where that attack is being aimed, in the slight delay between the client-server communication.

This is the key to the face paced gameplay and the feeling of being in total control of the character, you can run onto a spot where a wizards gunna cast Meteor, or you can dash off a spot where a flamefield is about to be cast.

Any 3D Game, they'd target you with Meteor, and it'd hit based on some stastistical calculation ... In Mir ... You can avoid attacks entirely with good movement. no 3D Game has been able to do this as far as i've seen.

sorry but you obviously havent seen neilyo play WoW...
your tellin me no other 3D game you've played can avoid attacks entirely with good movement? how about avoiding 6 casted fears just by line of sighting them? vanishing deathcoils, cloaking fear when your priest is just about to come out of a stunlock, mostly rogues ive found...in wow, and some of the other classes are very much dependant on positionaling and movement, you need to read when your opponents next move is, how to counter it and how to deal with it.

Kasabian

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 26, 2005
Considering this is their game I doubt they'll sell it on lol. They may lease it out to a private company to run if they see the need to, but I really can't see em selling the rights to their own product.....

lionsmight

LOMCN Leecher
Jan 10, 2006
As a F2P I honestly don't think it will last long [past a year], and taking into account it's a pretty old game it's not very appealing to the more modern gamer of today... so who knows?

a F2P game in todays economy will do really well who wants to be paying out extra cash per month on subscriptions when they can play games for free.

Most free to play games always have a good playerbase and are the ones that always attract new players because its free. The only free to play games that fail are ones that rely heavily on an ingame mall system to progress, look at the korean site and check the mall out and this game isnt relying on the mall system to progress your chars out, there aint no rare items in there, only skill necky which is a 3 hour rent and a recall set item which is either a rental or a 1 time use the translations are nt very good. The mall system offers xp/gold/item drop increases and slightly better liqour type potions, stuff which every1 can play the game without and still be a good player.

WeMade own this game and this time we have a direct link to patches and no middle company to go through to get answers about them. I'd expect this to be as successfull as the korean version aslong as we are using the proper korean game and not the timered drops and limited kr system ****e of Euro n USA version

Skibadee

That Vial skibadee lolol
Banned
Mar 24, 2003
aslong as we are using the proper korean game and not the timered drops and limited kr system ****e of Euro n USA version

i was under the impression korean mir use's both timered drops and kr systems?

only reason kr's took so long to open on euro/usa is because the server population was 10/20x smaller than the korean version.

Damakles

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 11, 2009
Id have really liked it if WeMade ran a mir2 and mir3 F2P service in europe, they would still make good money from ingame sales in the pot cash shop and the euro players would be happy with no lag. :-P