Windows 10

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Anybody else finding edge abit glitchy? Mine closes frequently on one site where I download CAD blocks, and some websites it refers me to Ie11 as its better run on that.

Otherwise, at work & home its fine still.

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
Anybody else finding edge abit glitchy? Mine closes frequently on one site where I download CAD blocks, and some websites it refers me to Ie11 as its better run on that.

Otherwise, at work & home its fine still.

It is pretty glitchy, I can no longer use it for writing anything long on LOMCN, it sometimes loses focus on the text box and pressing backspace suddenly takes me back from the post writing..

Also so when I first started using it, I couldn't get any sound with Edge when using Plex but that seems to have sorted itself out..

i do really like the browser though and use it more than chrome now.

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Gave up on edge and went back to IE11.
I do use Chrome more now though since moving to Win 10.

If anyone successfully changes their crud WIN 10 icons/glyphs back to Win 7, let me know what you did.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Gave up on edge and went back to IE11.
I do use Chrome more now though since moving to Win 10.

If anyone successfully changes their crud WIN 10 icons/glyphs back to Win 7, let me know what you did.

What icons?

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
What icons?

All the icons from Windows explorer such as directory tree folders, drive etc., browser favourites drive icons, other windows icons too.
They are now in a flat style with little colour depth. Supposedly more in keeping with mobile browser formats etc. but they look more like Windows 3.1. and as far as I'm concerned, a backward step especially when using a desktop setup. There's no option to change it either.

Imagine going from the latest 16bit HP pot to an old Mir 1.2 old style pot ! Why ?

Note them in this pic. Note the "e" for Edge and "e" for IE11 and all the flat looking yellow folder icon/glyphs.

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i love the new icons. much better than the windows7/8 ones. View them in the normal sizes (not list view)

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Flat is in at the moment that's all, has been for a while too (but then I see you are using the old lomcn skin too ^ ^ )

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Flat is in at the moment that's all, has been for a while too (but then I see you are using the old lomcn skin too ^ ^ )

Yup, I don't fanny around with forum settings etc., it's been like that for ages. The big difference with the forum is there's an option to choose the look and feel if you want, there isn't in Windows 10. Not down to the icon level anyway.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
I love the new icons. My only gripe at the moment is the mail.. for work its 100x faster than Outlook 2013 but then it has no real signature support and my boss won't accept plain text signatures unless its from a phone.

CraZyEriK

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jan 23, 2006
Alicante, Spain
just installed it 2 days before, and i like it i didnt have any problem.. excepting my nvidia kernel driver crashed x4 times and i dont know why :S found a solution to have mir in not full screen

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
just installed it 2 days before, and i like it i didnt have any problem.. excepting my nvidia kernel driver crashed x4 times and i dont know why :S found a solution to have mir in not full screen

Check it has the right graphics driver.
Mine was given a default one on install but it was corrected a couple of days later by an auto-update.
What version of Mir are you using and do you have any problems seeing text you type into text boxes in Mir ?

CraZyEriK

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jan 23, 2006
Alicante, Spain
Check it has the right graphics driver.
Mine was given a default one on install but it was corrected a couple of days later by an auto-update.
What version of Mir are you using and do you have any problems seeing text you type into text boxes in Mir ?

Yeah, seems to be the last update from nvidia having problems, google says to downgrade version to 348.xx but dunno what to do, i do mir3 and i got problems with the text while writing on group or guild it disappears and appears when i write on the box, seems to be problems with window mode as i dont play on fullscreen

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
That text problem is the same for Mir 2 in Win 8 and 10.
Maybe you should rewind back to Win 7.
There should be a restore point created when you installed 10.

CraZyEriK

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jan 23, 2006
Alicante, Spain
Yep, i know its a restore point but.. i deleted it as i decided to keep w10.. updated to last drivers, hope it wont fail anymore kernel driver :X

i think problem with boxes on mir3 its because i changed from 32bits colour to 16 to play it on window mode, but i dont care the boxes i never write on it, its x2 faster than windows 7 this 10sucker

thebigguy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
Blackburn
I will be avoiding windows 10 because as part of the legal disclaimer for its install you agree to all of the privacy invasion Techniques that are automatically on once you install(40+ and one includes a copy of your computers encryption key if done), you can turn them off but it still sends information over to microsoft servers. This is very bad for my line of work as i work with sensitive building projects.