Windows 7 Randomly Freezing

Richens

LOMCN VIP (Mapper)
VIP
Jul 28, 2004
UK - Midlands
Hi there,

I've had this problem a while now, often i'll wake up in the morning and the computer will have froze over night, or i'll come back from work and it will have froze midday or something.

I had Windows 7 Ultimate installed so I decided to re-install everything and go with Windows 7 Professional.

However that was last night, and I woke up this morning to find out that the computer had froze around 2am, and it's a fresh install! All it has on it is Firefox, uTorrent, VLC, Steam and Microsoft Security Essentials!

Anyway I did some research and this is what I found

If you find that your system is randomly freezing, then you most likely have a "registry error" on your computer that are preventing it from loading up correctly. Registry errors are common problems for Windows 7 computers because of the way in which your computer will continually rely on the "registry database" to run. The registry database is a central storage facility for all the files & settings your computer needs to run, and is where the likes of your desktop wallpaper and even your stored passwords are kept. If you notice your PC is randomly freezing, it suggests you have some sort of registry errors causing the problem. The good news is that you can fix this problem by repairing any possible registry errors that your PC may have by downloading & scanning with a 'registry cleaner' tool.

So does any one know of a good 'registry cleaner' tool or have any other advice on how to fix the issue?

Thanks
Joe