Windows XP 64-bit Edition

smoochy boys on tour

Onuris

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 23, 2006
Romania, Timisoara
This OS any good for use ? I`ve readed articles, that is not 100% compatible with 32 bit application, and not compatible with 16 bit applications (not that we use them anymore), but, is it good to install it if u have a 64 bit processor ?

Blizzard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Nov 3, 2005
i use 64 bit at home and they is a problem with some programs. same with some anti virus but it is better then 32 bit for performance and multi tasking.. but as i said only problem is with drivers for some hardware and some software. mir works fine

Sean

Developer
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
May 13, 2003
Aye, I haven't looked into this recently but the biggest problem with 64-bit windows is the lack of drivers.

I'd break it down like this:
If you're going to play games, stay with 32-bit.
If you're not going to play games and do general tasks, 64-bit should float your boat.

Blizzard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Nov 3, 2005
windows 64bit does same as 32bit games and all as sean says only problem is drivers.. in my opinion stick with 32 bit unless u download alot of stuff and like to unrar alot at a time or something along them lines

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
windows 64bit does same as 32bit games and all as sean says only problem is drivers.. in my opinion stick with 32 bit unless u download alot of stuff and like to unrar alot at a time or something along them lines
I'm not quite sure on the 64bit thing, but wouldn't that require the application which is unrar'ing or whatever to be capable of giving the processor 64bit commands?