Windows XP 64 Bit Edition.

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
Is it worth me downloading and installing Windows XP Pro 64-Bit Edition my system do you think, as i have a 64 bit enabled processor?

And are most 32bit applications (e.g. legend of mir, and other non microsoft products) able to work on a 64 bit OS?

These questions may sound stupid, but i just want to know if it's worth installing a 64 bit OS.

Thanks. :)

/Ash

Nightwolf

Developer
VIP
Jul 16, 2003
Manchester, UK
Is it worth me downloading and installing Windows XP Pro 64-Bit Edition my system do you think, as i have a 64 bit enabled processor?

And are most 32bit applications (e.g. legend of mir, and other non microsoft products) able to work on a 64 bit OS?

These questions may sound stupid, but i just want to know if it's worth installing a 64 bit OS.

Thanks. :)

/Ash

I know mir works fine with xp 64bit as i have used it so i would think most if not all games would work on it the only thing is you need to update your main drivers with the 64bit versions.

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
Every 32 bit program should be able to run normally on 64 bit windows, however 64bit programs suppose to be faster. From what I was reading, the 64 bit processors are not really 64 bit, only the bus is 64bit.