working proxies

smoochy boys on tour

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Hey,

I'm sure a lot of you guys already know that thepiratebay has been blocked from most UK ISPs now. Does anyone have a reliable proxy address i can use to circumvent the UK block?

I'm currently using a chomre plugin called switchy to turn on/off the proxy quickly, and it seems the easiest way to get around it without having to download apps etc.

mapafail

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Apr 26, 2012
Hey,

I'm sure a lot of you guys already know that thepiratebay has been blocked from most UK ISPs now. Does anyone have a reliable proxy address i can use to circumvent the UK block?

I'm currently using a chomre plugin called switchy to turn on/off the proxy quickly, and it seems the easiest way to get around it without having to download apps etc.
I wouldn't bother if I was you, as it's not just the access to the website that is getting blocked. They are also blocking all protocols related to torrent use, the only way to get around it, is to use the magnet hooks for torrents, but it won't be long before these are also blocked as well.

It's a sad day, when internet censorship is being forced for a law that isn't an international law and American companies have no actual right to challenge it in other countries, or the failure to actually recognize that it's not against the law to download in this country....

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
yeah i use magnet links atm, so only need to access the site itself (not download anything)

I know about malaysia bay and all the other torrent sites, but i don't move to another site out of principle. The internet should be completely open, and regardless of if the site indexes a lot of illegal content or not, i shouldn't have to stop using it and move somewhere else.

mapafail

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Apr 26, 2012
yeah i use magnet links atm, so only need to access the site itself (not download anything)

I know about malaysia bay and all the other torrent sites, but i don't move to another site out of principle. The internet should be completely open, and regardless of if the site indexes a lot of illegal content or not, i shouldn't have to stop using it and move somewhere else.
It's a shame really, as all they are doing is providing a search engine for torrents and host no actual torrents on the site. It's the Music|Film Industry that don't like people using their own initiative, it does make you wonder why though that software and games companies are not causing a big stink about it.......

Shabalabalong

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 1, 2006
Brighton
I'm actually proud to be with BT for once, apparently they "requested a few more weeks to further consider its position".

mapafail

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Apr 26, 2012
I'm actually proud to be with BT for once, apparently they "requested a few more weeks to further consider its position".
I hate to tell you this, but it's all ready programed into BT's IronPort. BT are one of the first providers that are actually take notice of the court judgement and are all ready acting upon it, Virgin are next and then sky and the others will follow shortly. It's a shame non of them have actually looked at UK copyright laws, as they will find the judgement is actually unlawful in it's current context.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
I think soon its gonna come down to going with the ISP who has the least blocked websites. But yeah, its a very sad day for the internets.

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
Hey,

Yes use the best here m8 http://hotspotshield.com/

Also forgot to say, if you want some good proxies i have loads

Which i can post here if you like

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
yeah if you could post a could of proxies that would be great. i haven't found one i have got working yet.

edit: just tried that app, and although it does hide my IP and say i'm in america, it still won't let me access TPB.

Last edited:

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield

Malaysia Bay is Pirate Bay...

mapafail

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Apr 26, 2012
One thing I could recommend using, but it depends if you actually want to use it or not.

TOR

I use this to grab the magnet links.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
@boothy a lot from that list are clone websites which give you malware, so i'd rather not try them.

I don't wanna use usenet as i have a dedicated NAS drive for torrenting (no point in paying for a subscription to newzbin etc when torrents get me the same thing at the same speed)

I could use a VPN, but switching it on/off quickly (only want for a single site) is long winded.

I could use my phone as a mobile hotspot and connect through Orange, but again its a long winded method switching wifi connections each time.

Proxies seem the most painless way of doing it, however i will take a look at TOR mapa, thanks :)