World of Warcraft is no longer the king

smoochy boys on tour

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Reaaaalllly lol , i played this game for a good week, might have to av another go!

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
I think the large amount of subs lost fom WoW recently is because of Swtor. Talks about WoW dieing in 2012 but i don' think so, am no fan of WoW but this has happend before were a new game comes out and they talk about it ruining WoW. BUT i do belive Diablo 3 will finish of WoW, i know it's not as big as swtor but it's being ran by Blizzard and it's extremely popular and what i know about WoW players is that they LOVE Blizzard.

LoL is also very addicting game, i have never been a fan of moba style games but i gave LoL a chance and was hooked on it, but it's the type of game that i could step away from for a couple of days if i wanted too and play something eles because there really is nothing to aim for really, ok you get your money up and buy a new champions and raise your level but thats about it, i mean there isn't really much you can do.

notme

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 7, 2011

not surprised 1 iota, been on that game since it 1st came out. Trouble with it, is that a new expantion makes everthing you done so far irelivant. You strive to gear up and when they release an expantion all the stuff u are wearing IE epics are obsolete with standard green that drop from any mob, unlike the gear it took years to achive from top end instances. WOW dont give 2 hoots about customers, the same as any massive game, untill the player base move on, then like all the others they wonder wtf went wrong.

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
So your comparing LoL with WoW? you cant compare these 2 because its too much of a difference but i will just like to point out of the differences is that LoL is free and wow isnt and that will top it out any day, also wow lost most of subscribers in china and i really think with the launch of pandaria loads will come back, dont forget deathwing will come in next week and subscribers will come back to kill him :). Also the launch of Diablo 3 isnt such a big deal and i really doubt that it D3 will kill WoW, i've been almost 4 years now with WoW and trust me it will never die not even when Titan will come out....

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
So your comparing LoL with WoW? you cant compare these 2 because its too much of a difference but i will just like to point out of the differences is that LoL is free and wow isnt and that will top it out any day, also wow lost most of subscribers in china and i really think with the launch of pandaria loads will come back, dont forget deathwing will come in next week and subscribers will come back to kill him :). Also the launch of Diablo 3 isnt such a big deal and i really doubt that it D3 will kill WoW, i've been almost 4 years now with WoW and trust me it will never die not even when Titan will come out....

Haven't so many people quit WoW because of expansion Pandaria? I mean i don't follow WoW too much but i remember people saying if that was a legit expansion they would leave, although i have noticed since blizzard have announced it quite a few people are looking forward to it.

I also agree with you on the F2P vs P2P.

Also the reason i said Diablo 3 would kill WoW is because if your a subscriber to World of Warcraft then D3 would be free (Am sure this is what Blizzard said on the Blizcon video) so you would expect alot of wow players to go and atleast try it out and you never know how many people would really enjoye it and end up staying.

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Haven't so many people quit WoW because of expansion Pandaria? I mean i don't follow WoW too much but i remember people saying if that was a legit expansion they would leave, although i have noticed since blizzard have announced it quite a few people are looking forward to it.

I also agree with you on the F2P vs P2P.

Also the reason i said Diablo 3 would kill WoW is because if your a subscriber to World of Warcraft then D3 would be free (Am sure this is what Blizzard said on the Blizcon video) so you would expect alot of wow players to go and atleast try it out and you never know how many people would really enjoye it and end up staying.
well they will prob release D3 right b4 they release pandaria just to let ppl get borred of D3 and then boom pandaria comes in and im sure **** loads of ppl will come in since blizz is focusing on the fight between horde vs ally first move is the 3 new bgs they just announced and tbh improved graphics, new class, new race that would make me come back to play wow any day :)

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
tbh improved graphics, new class, new race that would make me come back to play wow any day :)

please stop with this improved graphics bullshit, its not.

see video :
[video=youtube;SBQAnNwuqp0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBQAnNwuqp0&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

you only have to look at the water wheel and see no splashs to see the graphics have not improved, or the sharp corners on every object wall.

OT
i think this is a good message to blizzard either they will respond with a decent update, (the pandarian exp is not this.. and will lose alot of avid players) or it will go free to play for that extra boost to the community.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I have to say those graphics look awful, but then so do many others. It's not all about graphics though.

Peter12

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 1, 2007
Visually, LoL looks dreaful IMO. Might give the actual gameplay a try though

JohnBarny

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2003
Ya Mums
Add specop there about 20 of us from mir play and we have our own Ranked Team (need to reach level 30 to join this), we regularly use skype to have games

Shabalabalong

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 1, 2006
Brighton
Watched a film whilst it was downloaded, installed it in a min and then patched in about 5 minutes!

Doing the tutorial atm, it seems quite fun lol. Can just imagine people having such OP champions though!