World Of warcraft

wanadoo

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2005
Biohazard said:
WoW = World of Warcrack. It's basicly internet crack for only $15/month. Pretty good game all around, except for the lag - all the time. But your in luck! If you are extremely in-love with Runescape's graphics, THIS IS THE GAME FOR YOU!.

EQ2......ftw tbh.

runescape graphics... serious is that wat it looks like

Hate

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 8, 2005
wanadoo said:
can they get any betta than that if u hav a betta graphics card

EDIT: wats best class?

Of course, and you have to remember the shots on there have been shrunk to fit the little screen thingy (squished pixels).

Best class is whatever you feel is best, different people will give you completely different answers.

:doggy!:

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
wanadoo said:
can they get any betta than that if u hav a betta graphics card

EDIT: wats best class?

My suggestion, dont play.

Ive just quit today cos of sickening lag, and the ****ty game dynamics will drive you insane.

First of all, i had a mage, a decent mage, it could a fair amount of people, yet would die easily if someone got close.

With patch 1.7 Mages became a toy for Hunters. a Hunter's pet 3 levels lower than me can kill me with NO intervention from the hunter at all.

The lag, were talking about 500-1000ms REPORTED, however my INSTANT CAST spells are taking 4-5 Seconds to cast.

The best bit is when u die "theres graveyards located all over the maps so when u die you can get back to the action quickly" Bull****, in one area you have to run the entire map to get back into the dungeon where u died (Uldaman if anyone is intrested)

Dont roll Horde beucase when u hit lvl 10-12 and go to the barrens you have to spend 5-10 moins running to each quest.

Dont roll allaince becuase the quests dont provide you with the Exp to keep you rolling along through the levels early on, especially so becuase at these levels you dont have the stamina to grind anything.

If u really want to play, and dont like to lose roll a hunter. The pet can kill many classes on its own, and if ur really in a tight spot, you could join in yourself

Mages are pointless becuase anything higher than u will resist a lot of your spells (and most things lower will too)

Paladins cant damage anything, and are considered a heal/buffbot anyway

Warlocks are the most flawed class around with bugs that ruin their gameplay and have been around since beta.

Warriors are good but boring to play.

Priests can damage but the game dynamics will just force you into the healbot role eventualy

Druids are good, but game dynamics force you to be a healbot

Shamans are good, but game dynamics force you to be a healbot

Rogues are a good class to gank people with, however due t their lack of useful skilsl they dont get group invites often, 1 or 2 will be fine for a 40 man raid group, so grouping is unlikely.

wanadoo

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2005
Atomicide said:
My suggestion, dont play.

Ive just quit today cos of sickening lag, and the ****ty game dynamics will drive you insane.

First of all, i had a mage, a decent mage, it could a fair amount of people, yet would die easily if someone got close.

With patch 1.7 Mages became a toy for Hunters. a Hunter's pet 3 levels lower than me can kill me with NO intervention from the hunter at all.

The lag, were talking about 500-1000ms REPORTED, however my INSTANT CAST spells are taking 4-5 Seconds to cast.

The best bit is when u die "theres graveyards located all over the maps so when u die you can get back to the action quickly" Bull****, in one area you have to run the entire map to get back into the dungeon where u died (Uldaman if anyone is intrested)

Dont roll Horde beucase when u hit lvl 10-12 and go to the barrens you have to spend 5-10 moins running to each quest.

Dont roll allaince becuase the quests dont provide you with the Exp to keep you rolling along through the levels early on, especially so becuase at these levels you dont have the stamina to grind anything.

If u really want to play, and dont like to lose roll a hunter. The pet can kill many classes on its own, and if ur really in a tight spot, you could join in yourself

Mages are pointless becuase anything higher than u will resist a lot of your spells (and most things lower will too)

Paladins cant damage anything, and are considered a heal/buffbot anyway

Warlocks are the most flawed class around with bugs that ruin their gameplay and have been around since beta.

Warriors are good but boring to play.

Priests can damage but the game dynamics will just force you into the healbot role eventualy

Druids are good, but game dynamics force you to be a healbot

Shamans are good, but game dynamics force you to be a healbot

Rogues are a good class to gank people with, however due t their lack of useful skilsl they dont get group invites often, 1 or 2 will be fine for a 40 man raid group, so grouping is unlikely.

man they got a lot of bugs to fix =/

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
wanadoo said:
man they got a lot of bugs to fix =/

the problems occure at the end-game, getting to 60 isnt really too much of a challenge, leveling is a breeze compared to mir, but i could never be bothered.

Basically at 60 thigns are supposed to get a bit mre intresting with Epic raids etc. In reality its not that great.

Any class that can heal WILL be force to be a healbot, raid groups wont accept you otherwise.

ALL mages have to respec their talent points into ice becuase many endgame mobs have huge fire resistance, not to mention most PvP end-game sets also have huge amounts of Fire Resistance.

Dark and Light is out next month and theres a 5 month free trial of it before the official game is released. The game looks awesome, its more realistic looking than WoW, better classes and races (Fairys, Half-elves etc - Note: Fairys can fly)

Loads of mounts and basically brand new gaming concepts, and i reckon its gonna take a fair few people away from WoW.

lozmuir

Former Moderator
VIP
Apr 17, 2003
Congleton, Cheshire.
WoW is a great game, easy to level and theres loads to do when you hit level 60.

Wow is easier to control than mir... the fact that you can actually see more than 10metres in front of you makes all the difference.

Atomicide said:

You obviously know nothing about the game, im a level 60 rogue and i have never been turned down from a group because of my "lack of useful skills" the fact is that i am the main damage dealer for the Main Tank, i feed the damage as warriors wont do much with a Sword/Shield and prot build for tanking. Without a rogue in the group damage will be awful. (you may say "well mages do alot of damage also" but mages cannot control their aggro like a good rogue can.)

In my P.O.V all the classes have their upsides and downsides, Paladins do end up having **** damage but the fact that they ARE needed for raids makes up for that fact. Warriors and priests are the most needed classes, yes priests do end up being just a healer but they are still very much needed in raids. Warriors do amazing damage and then at 60 you change to more of a tanking build and your damage if reduced but you are still needed.

As for getting stuck grinding, if you play the game right and do all the quests that you can in one area before moving on to the next area you wont be stuck grinding at all. As for me i grinded from level 52 - 60. Purely because once you can go to WPL and EPL its really easy.

So i say join wow, play it and see what you feel.

Loz, Level 60 Rogue of the Draenor Server.

P.s Let me say if you could never be bothered to level to 60, how can you give someone advice about end game material? somethings you said are true, but please stfu.

http://www.richens.dubhosting.com/lomcn/wow.jpg

Last edited:

wanadoo

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2005
lozmuir said:
WoW is a great game, easy to level and theres loads to do when you hit level 60.

Wow is easier to control than mir... the fact that you can actually see more than 10metres in front of you makes all the difference.

You obviously know nothing about the game, im a level 60 rogue and i have never been turned down from a group because of my "lack of useful skills" the fact is that i am the main damage dealer for the Main Tank, i feed the damage as warriors wont do much with a Sword/Shield and prot build for tanking. Without a rogue in the group damage will be awful. (you may say "well mages do alot of damage also" but mages cannot control their aggro like a good rogue can.)

In my P.O.V all the classes have their upsides and downsides, Paladins do end up having **** damage but the fact that they ARE needed for raids makes up for that fact. Warriors and priests are the most needed classes, yes priests do end up being just a healer but they are still very much needed in raids. Warriors do amazing damage and then at 60 you change to more of a tanking build and your damage if reduced but you are still needed.

As for getting stuck grinding, if you play the game right and do all the quests that you can in one area before moving on to the next area you wont be stuck grinding at all. As for me i grinded from level 52 - 60. Purely because once you can go to WPL and EPL its really easy.

P.s Let me say if you could never be bothered to level to 60, how can you give someone advice about end game material? somethings you said are true, but please stfu.

im prob guna b a WarLock o.o

Stonehelm

Resigned
Golden Oldie
Apr 14, 2004
Preston, UCLAN
lozmuir said:

What GUI mod are you using loz? cosmos?

-Loz-

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 27, 2004
Stonehelm said:
What GUI mod are you using loz? cosmos?

its gypsy mod.

used to use cosmos but it got on my nerves with all the useless addons.

Download gypsy mod and add your own addons that you find useful, instead of having random addons that get in your way.

Loz.

---------------------------------

Yeah, warlocks are useful aswell.. good damage and always handy - Summon :D

Grim

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 24, 2004
but mages cannot control their aggro like a good rogue can.
Either you're grouping with bad mages or bad tanks. Myself, the other mages in my guild and most of the mages I've grouped with have no problem managing aggro at all mainly because we do not have to continually attack, we can break between spells if needed. If I do happen to over-aggro on a mob I stop casting, Frost Nova if the mob is heading towards me and let the tank re-take aggro, it's not hard. Of course.. this doesn't work if I over-aggro a boss, hehe :D

To add to what Loz said about addons. Most of the compilations that you can download are full of things that you won't use and they generally aren't memory friendly. I was using the Insomniax recompilation before I relised that I didn't use over half of the stuff in it. At that point I was using 44 to 48mb with my UI. Now that I've cut it down to just the stuff I use I'm using 22 to 26mb. Keep mods to a minimum, not only will it put less strain on your computer but you have less to sort out on patch days ;)

Stonehelm

Resigned
Golden Oldie
Apr 14, 2004
Preston, UCLAN
Yeh i have stopped using cosmos now because it is full of stuff that i will never use and the recent patch ****ed up my config anyway.

ipixel

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 11, 2005
Northern Ireland
lozmuir said:

If you can say that rogues dont BEG to get into raids for UBRS etc, then you ARE indeed bull****ting.

Your also easily replaceable, dont like the rogue, just grab another from the 10 metre long queue.

99% of rogues ive come across spam sunder armour on mobs, and take so much aggro from the MT its silly, but as you say a good rogue isnt bad, but hell they aint useful either, mages offer more to a group imo, CC and damage, and food water etc, what can you do? damage and sap?

gg rogue gg.

Hate

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 8, 2005
ipixel said:
If you can say that rogues dont BEG to get into raids for UBRS etc, then you ARE indeed bull****ting.

Your also easily replaceable, dont like the rogue, just grab another from the 10 metre long queue.

99% of rogues ive come across spam sunder armour on mobs, and take so much aggro from the MT its silly, but as you say a good rogue isnt bad, but hell they aint useful either, mages offer more to a group imo, CC and damage, and food water etc, what can you do? damage and sap?

gg rogue gg.

Not that i dont agree with you about rogues getting into grps (ive never been just randomly asked on my rogue and often see LFM shouts saying they dont want rogues.....but It's warriors that have sunder armor (great to keep aggro), and any good rogue can avoid aggro with feint and can still keep at their full dps if the tank is any good. (rogues have expose armor for the record but no one really uses it).

:doggy!:

lozmuir

Former Moderator
VIP
Apr 17, 2003
Congleton, Cheshire.
ipixel said:

gg rogue gg.

We dont get sunder armour. The only thing i spam is feint.

Mages dont offer as much damage as rogues, unless they're the aggrotastic fire mages, then they are no more use than a dog without legs. So when your MT dies on a boss and you have no backup MT and no rogue, GL on thinking about finishing the job. Rogues are damage support for a MT, yes a mage can control their aggro by using the correct spells and they are needed to an instance but that dosnt say that rogues aren't needed. Most of the time mages are sorting out adds with a boss, so the rogues give main dmg support for the mt (seen as good mt's go prot spec).

and I-pixel - i know your new to wow, im not, get yourself to mc with a decent guild then tell me that rogues are useless.

wanadoo

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2005
cant play this yet cus i still aint got my graphics card -.- so anoyin wen u av a game but cant play it -.-

Detritus

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 11, 2003
Anyone play aggramar server?

Started game 2 days ago, never realised how amazing it is