World Of warcraft

ipixel

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 11, 2005
Northern Ireland
lozmuir said:
We dont get sunder armour. The only thing i spam is feint.

Mages dont offer as much damage as rogues, unless they're the aggrotastic fire mages, then they are no more use than a dog without legs. So when your MT dies on a boss and you have no backup MT and no rogue, GL on thinking about finishing the job. Rogues are damage support for a MT, yes a mage can control their aggro by using the correct spells and they are needed to an instance but that dosnt say that rogues aren't needed. Most of the time mages are sorting out adds with a boss, so the rogues give main dmg support for the mt (seen as good mt's go prot spec).

and I-pixel - i know your new to wow, im not, get yourself to mc with a decent guild then tell me that rogues are useless.

Your needed in MC for your damage, but thats an end game raid dungeon, not your average instance.

And as for you being teh leet pwn0r in t3h mc, remember that mages deal RANGED damage, you have to stand like a twat in AOE range.

And im not new, far from it.

lozmuir

Former Moderator
VIP
Apr 17, 2003
Congleton, Cheshire.
ipixel said:
Your needed in MC for your damage, but thats an end game raid dungeon, not your average instance.

And as for you being teh leet pwn0r in t3h mc, remember that mages deal RANGED damage, you have to stand like a twat in AOE range.

And im not new, far from it.

its the same for everywhere, the point is that rogues are needed just as much as any other class.

And i remember you going on when you started, and that was like 2 months ago? yeh.. not new at all.

wanadoo

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2005
erm not wat u lot r talkin about :P but why is ther 5 disks for this :S

ipixel

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 11, 2005
Northern Ireland
lozmuir said:
its the same for everywhere, the point is that rogues are needed just as much as any other class.

And i remember you going on when you started, and that was like 2 months ago? yeh.. not new at all.

4 months bewb, time doesnt make you magically understand every aspect of the game.

And if rogues are so needed, please explain why i see so many BEGGING to get into instances?

Soul

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 23, 2003
Suffolk, England
ipixel said:
4 months bewb, time doesnt make you magically understand every aspect of the game.

And if rogues are so needed, please explain why i see so many BEGGING to get into instances?

Because from what I've seen the majority of players go rogue. Which means alot of 'noobs' do aswell so maybe that's why you see more rogues than any other class whining =]

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
Soul said:
players go rogue. Which means alot of 'noobs'
well from looknig what everyone else has been saying about noobs and the timepsan of a noobs life, suggested by loz, and pixface. i guess im still noob then
also i am a rogue :P

BUT however soul, i dnt EVER beg, i've pretty much kept myself to myself since i started WoW, changed characters about 10 times, but finally stuck to my rogue on venture co. server, but ye soul, noobs do a lot of whining on WoW ¬¬, i get the game all stats etc. pretty much

all this talk of aggro confused me slightly tho :P

Soul

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 23, 2003
Suffolk, England
kud125 said:
well from looknig what everyone else has been saying about noobs and the timepsan of a noobs life, suggested by loz, and pixface. i guess im still noob then
also i am a rogue :P

BUT however soul, i dnt EVER beg, i've pretty much kept myself to myself since i started WoW, changed characters about 10 times, but finally stuck to my rogue on venture co. server, but ye soul, noobs do a lot of whining on WoW ¬¬, i get the game all stats etc. pretty much

all this talk of aggro confused me slightly tho :P

I'm not saying all rogues whine lol =] I have a level 26 Undead Rogue on Laughing Skull and thinking about carrying it on as some people off here play horde on it. I don't whine ever but yeah it all depends on the player.

lozmuir

Former Moderator
VIP
Apr 17, 2003
Congleton, Cheshire.
ipixel said:

Cus most rogues are newbs, let me just change my sentence. Good rogues are needed in instances.

Most rogues are 10year olds that think COOOL! i can have a dual daggers or dual swords and be a ASSASSIN and pwn everyone on 10% health i find.

but that dosnt mean that all rogues are like that =/

besides, on draenor we're being over-run with hunters rather than rogues now.

(p.s- the reason for this on going arguement is proberly purely down to the different situations of servers, your server may have rogues begging but on draenor its hunters because there's hundreds of the *******s)

Last edited:

Hate

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 8, 2005
lozmuir said:
Cus most rogues are newbs, let me just change my sentence. Good rogues are needed in instances.

Most rogues are 10year olds that think COOOL! i can have a dual daggers or dual swords and be a ASSASSIN and pwn everyone on 10% health i find.

but that dosnt mean that all rogues are like that =/

besides, on draenor we're being over-run with hunters rather than rogues now.

(p.s- the reason for this on going arguement is proberly purely down to the different situations of servers, your server may have rogues begging but on draenor its hunters because there's hundreds of the *******s)

Hunters are the new rogues, chinese farmers love them.

See how many are in Maraudon (this applies to most servers), Our server (Laughing Skull) has only been open a month or two and last night there were around 10 lvl 60 hunters in there (no other classes at all) and thats just the horde side :)

Stonehelm

Resigned
Golden Oldie
Apr 14, 2004
Preston, UCLAN
Aye hunters got suped up a few patches back. They are quite a good class tbh it just gets a bit boring with your pet tanking all of the time and you just standing there shooting (obviously that changes for PVP but Questing and lvling can get a bit boring)

ipixel

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 11, 2005
Northern Ireland
Stonehelm said:
Aye hunters got suped up a few patches back. They are quite a good class tbh it just gets a bit boring with your pet tanking all of the time and you just standing there shooting (obviously that changes for PVP but Questing and lvling can get a bit boring)

Hunters are extremely fun to play imo, nice mixture, bit of melee, albeit not fantastic but itll kill a clothie in your deadzone :D, pet for taking beatings when grinding etc, and ranged damage, its all so easy, and they can rock in pvp too.

But, playing my mates lvl 44 rogue to see what its like, and it aint as easy ( pvp wise ) as many think, timing in pvp is crucial, but its uber fun to play, all those stuns get me hard tbh.

Ive never played anything but cloth, warlock was main, good class, now playing an UD priest ( lvl 42 ) on laughing skull.

ipixel

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 11, 2005
Northern Ireland
ipixel said:
Hunters are extremely fun to play imo, nice mixture, bit of melee, albeit not fantastic but itll kill a clothie in your deadzone :D, pet for taking beatings when grinding etc, and ranged damage, its all so easy, and they can rock in pvp too.

But, playing my mates lvl 44 rogue to see what its like, and it aint as easy ( pvp wise ) as many think, timing in pvp is crucial, but its uber fun to play, all those stuns get me hard tbh.

Ive never played anything but cloth, warlock was main, good class, now playing an UD priest ( lvl 42 ) on laughing skull.

gieb fort buff plx nub prist

lozmuir

Former Moderator
VIP
Apr 17, 2003
Congleton, Cheshire.
ipixel said:

tell me about it, the only problem with rogues is the lack of new skills we get after 40. but the expansion pack wil sort that out for me :0

Cant wait to hit lvl70 tbh.

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
they're releasing an expansion pack? may i ask how much this is gna rob me of?