Would we all be playing Mir 3 if it had proper server files?

smoochy boys on tour

Winterson

LOMCN n00bie
Nov 18, 2014
Due to life at the time, I never got into Mir 3 after years and years of Mir 2.

I hated some things about the early Mir 3 euro, I felt the maps were very big and cumbersome, and it felt like there was too much stuff going on. But it looks to be superior in many ways (I mean, pick one in your head...)

Am I mistaken in thinking that Mir 3 does not have a proper set of server files and therein stands the problem? Would we all be playing Mir 3 over Mir 2 if that wasn't the case?

What is the barrier to someone creating their own, full featured Mir 3 files with the assets we have?

Just interested, that's all.

/Winterson

Jest

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 29, 2005
I think we'd all be playing Mir 3 if it were actually an improvement on its predecessor, but it's not really. It's basically the same thing but with different sprites in my opinion (though i didn't play it much)

Even when it officially came out it wasn't as popular as Mir 2. It was probably a little late for what it was.

reecew

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 23, 2010
Newcastle
i think if there was a working balanced set of assassin files out there that someone can crack server would be booming with players.. just the project seems to be dead so lost all hope

TheMasterGee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 23, 2003
In all honesty, you're better off taking a look at where the C# development is going. They've done some pretty amazing things by the looks of it and by all accounts, the game engine is that much slicker to boot. That includes mushing Mir2&3 things, Korean, Chinese, whatever, from what I could see.