WoW

Join Discord

>DMX<

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Manchester
Right i aint up to date on this so excuse me if this is an idiotic thread..

Well i bought WoW when it first came out in Europe and have the original instalation box, last time playing being 2005 when no new patches had come out.. So here's the question if i install that again would i still be able to play WoW or do i need the expansion set? and if so how many are they and how do i go about buying o_O.

Hope you understand what i mean any help i would be greatful.

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
All of the patches are free, just take some time downloading.

The expansion (Burning crusade) is a one off buy and will get you fully up to date.

You can play without the expansion up to level 60 and therefore it's not totally needed, however you will miss out on a lot of features.

>DMX<

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Manchester
All of the patches are free, just take some time downloading.

The expansion (Burning crusade) is a one off buy and will get you fully up to date.

You can play without the expansion up to level 60 and therefore it's not totally needed, however you will miss out on a lot of features.

Heard something about Class A, B and C.. Class A i can play fully to any level? but B and C im restricted?

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
You can play all the original character races, but you will not be able to use Draenei & Blood Elves without getting the expansion.

The 2 new races allow 1 more class to be selected on each side.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Install, update and play. It's as easy as that...

As for the expansion you can actually download it and buy the code to unlock TBC on your account.

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
when i got TBC i had a nice fresh install of WoW on my pc, i installed TBC but because of it being retail version there was ALOT of patches, just aheads up its gona take quite a while to patch up from retail to the latest version.

>DMX<

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Manchester
when i got TBC i had a nice fresh install of WoW on my pc, i installed TBC but because of it being retail version there was ALOT of patches, just aheads up its gona take quite a while to patch up from retail to the latest version.

456mb exe to download.. Betting there's more to come xD.

GuildWars

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 28, 2004
I would have recommended updating before paying for your WoW account. :P

I played this game, and tbh it gave me a head ache after a couple months..
I will be back one day maybe..

btw what server do you play m8? level/class/race?