Xbox 360 help

evildan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 8, 2004
Dartford/Kent
Hi
I've been looking for an xbox 360 on ebay and some are advertised as "flashed" "xtreme firmware". Now I know this means that you can play copies of games but does this void the warenty? Since the 360 is so unreliable the warenty is the most valued part of of the 360 imo. Also does any1 have a flashed xbox 360 that can shed some light on what it performs like or if theres any problems with the system. And are games easy to download and play?

Thanks for any help

Pure_Fusion

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 17, 2006
I flashed my xbox 360 alone about 3 weeks ago, and its the best thing i did. The way i saw this situation was, "if it bricks than its ok, no more games". Didnt really care, but it worked anyways. For my console the back-ups run exactly as a normal game, no problems with the console whatsoever. And i had warranty, but i voided it as i opend the console. And as for the games, i use rapidshare premium. I download a game in 2-4 hour, and burning takes 15-20 minutes. All games are also 7-8gig, not really sure why so you need to buy double layer'd disks which are expensive if you buy from your local store. I went down curries and they charge £30 per 5disks, went on ebay bought 10 for £8.

My advice is, flash it yourself. People charge around £40-£80 per flash which is extremly expensive as it took me around 10 minutes to flash my xbox. Worst case scenario, your xbox 360 breaks down you can easily restore your console to original firmware then either try to repair it yourself (asking for help on xbox 360 forums) or sending it to someone to repair, there are lots of stores that repair broken xbox 360.

hesmondo

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Oct 26, 2006
Hi
I've been looking for an xbox 360 on ebay and some are advertised as "flashed" "xtreme firmware". Now I know this means that you can play copies of games but does this void the warenty? Since the 360 is so unreliable the warenty is the most valued part of of the 360 imo. Also does any1 have a flashed xbox 360 that can shed some light on what it performs like or if theres any problems with the system. And are games easy to download and play?

Thanks for any help

For the warranty you need the original receipt and i doubt you'd get that on ebay

Sean

Developer
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
May 13, 2003
For the warranty you need the original receipt and i doubt you'd get that on ebay

AFAIK all they need is the serial number, that's what the warranty's attached to; not a silly piece of paper.