Status
Not open for further replies.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
Ok? Bye then :)

this is the kinda attitude that completely ruins the community, rather than trying to settle something you just say bye and be done with it.

everyone has been entitled to there own opinion, just like you have been and as soon as he gives it you have this attitude, what give you the right to say bye? its not your server.

Last edited:

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015
you'd think it he seems to reply on jamies behalf a lot.
Lol, find it weird how theres no body drops, yet the poll is more infavour of it :/ wouldnt of been to bad if say you cant get drops off someone like a set anount of levels below you or you cant drop if your below such a lvl.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
Lol, find it weird how theres no body drops, yet the poll is more infavour of it :/ wouldnt of been to bad if say you cant get drops off someone like a set anount of levels below you or you cant drop if your below such a lvl.

that idea has already been put forward, about the level gap in PK but just got ignore or swept under the carpet.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
this is the kinda attitude that completely ruins the community, rather than trying to settle something you just say bye and be done with it.

everyone has been entitled to there own opinion, just like you have been and as soon as he gives it you have this attitude, what give you the right to say bye? its not your server.

It's already been settled lol.

That response and others like it have been said over and over lol.
"The UC will drops 30-40 after a few weeks"
"People will start to leave without body drops"
"Server will be boring without body drops"
"I won't be playing without body drops"

So then don't play?

If people really wanted their opinion to be taken seriously, they would come up with something better than "PK Drops have been in for 10 years"

Which itself is false...considering this is following the Korean Foundation, and not Mir2/Mir3 as a whole (Because there have been numerous versions of each)...The Korean Foundation never had drops, which is what is being followed...and certainly hasn't been out for 10 years ;)

Yes, you're right that things are being changed from it....but I was being specific to the PK Drops, I wasn't talking about other changes/balances and adjustments that have taken place.

PK Drops, have....not...changed.

I'm asking you to actually come up with something better...because this one obviously ent working lol. Either way I will be playing, drops or not, it makes little difference to me. Being able to cash in on other peoples death drops, does not make or break a server for me.

I fully intend on trying to put people on their arses 24/7 if on the opposing side, drops or not does not waver my decision to do that. The only thing it effects is HOW LONG i stay fighting for before I RT/TT.

Last edited:

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
It's already been settled lol.

That response and others like it have been said over and over lol.
"The UC will drops 30-40 after a few weeks"
"People will start to leave without body drops"
"Server will be boring without body drops"
"I won't be playing without body drops"

So then don't play?

If people really wanted their opinion to be taken seriously, they would come up with something better than "PK Drops have been in for 10 years"

Which itself is false...considering this is following the Korean Foundation, and not Mir2/Mir3 as a whole (Because there have been numerous versions of each)...The Korean Foundation never had drops, which is what is being followed...and certainly hasn't been out for 10 years ;)

Yes, you're right that things are being changed from it....but I was being specific to the PK Drops, I wasn't talking about other changes/balances and adjustments that have taken place.

PK Drops, have....not...changed.

I'm asking you to actually come up with something better...because this one obviously ent working lol.

its honestly took you 30 minutes to say the same generic bullshit you normally say.

its fine i don't need to argue the fact things will go down hill once the pkers get bored, happened on a few servers already.

gonna be a lot more threads and complainers once this is live.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Lol forgot how boring this argument is...still lacks a good reason to have the drops turned on.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Having no pk drops it's going to effect the usercount massively if you don't believe that your deluded, there 3 people in this thread alone saying they wont play because it takes away the fun, think of all the people who don't use LOMCN that will have that same attitude, i'll play anyway as i love Jamie's work and i know how good it will be, saying that i don't know how long i would realistically stick it out though there only so long you pk for 0 reward and not get bored of it.

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015

its been settled numerous times by Jamie, it ain't happening.

Either play for a bit/long time/not at all.

Or as Pottsy says, come up with some way to combat the above issues, without the "its been like this on private servers for 10years" as that reasoning is obviously not working with Jamie. I have given a few different solutions, Jamie doesn't think any of them is worth the time to implement that will affect the longevity of pkers/non-pkers staying to play.

Remember if non-pkers leave, you have no-one to pk as they are the ones you target, and then you leave. You leave from no body drops, it still leaves the non-pkers playing.

Non-pkers make mir servers. not pkers. PKers go where the population is so they can fight, until they are to far behind to fight well. Having content worth PvPing for will introduce fights for non-pkers and pkers, that looks to the direction Jamie is heading for. With observer, fixed boss spawns, Kr system, best levelling spots etc mir3 has plenty of opportunity for PvP. Just don't expect to get the end game items without being able to kill the end game content.

Reactions: Trollypolly

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Oh dear :P

You dropped my name in the post LM...anything after "as Pottsy says" won't be read...they will disagree with you out of principle!

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
" non pkers make mir " What planet do you live on? You think this bag of **** would still be about if there was no pk ? There would be a few server floating about with 10 users for people who want to just farm mobs. The soul reason Mir did so well in it's day was because of pk, like **** would of you played euro without them epic OKS fights / Upstairs storage / outside book shop / Pi store, Mir would of flopped stupidly quick without any competitive game play in it.

The whole point of Mir is to build a guild and fight for bosses and Sabuk.

Last edited:

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
" non pkers make mir " What planet do you live on? You think this bag of **** would still be about if there was no pk ? There would be a few server floating about with 10 users for people who want to just farm mobs. The soul reason Mir did so well in it's day was because of pk, like **** would of you played euro without them epic OKS fights / Upstairs storage / outside book shop / Pi store, Mir would of flopped stupidly quick without any competitive game play in it.

Has it really been like that on most of the bigger servers? Isn't it usually just one guild sucking up everyone and then dominating by force? Sure there are always 1 or 2 guilds floating nearby, but only enough to force a stalemate in a few situations.

Also, to whoever it was that used the whole 3 people are saying they won't play:

Sarcastic reply: I'll reply properly when I see you in game

Real reply: If 3 people is enough for you to consider that a discussion point, then 4 people have also said that they are now going to start actively engaging in PvP because of this. SO by your own numbers, and reliance on them, this is a net benefit to PVP in Mir no?

Ok maybe not real, as opposed to just less sarcastic, but still.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trollypolly

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015

You seem to confuse PvP with PK. Game is built for PvP yes and is why people myself included still enjoy it. Look at all the current mir2 servers with 10 users they all have pk drops. Why do u think they have all failed? I will give you a clue it's not pk drops. Content is rubbish the pve players leave n then the pkers leave as they have no1 to try pk.

Fights for bosses, reward for win is being able to kill boss will still happen here. PvP in towns/shops will still happen. Sabuk/dmw all again PvP that exists the reward is the castle.

It's good you agree the game is built on PvP building a guild to fight for bosses and sabuk. I don't know why you need body drops if your objective is bosses and Sabuk.

Also all mir2 examples btw this is mir3 we had fights on euro mir3 with no drops. All of the best fights had at bosses/deep in caves like MS frost and that was competitive still so please enlighten me some more on why no body drops effects mir3 because I played it for months just logging in to fight and would take on Chinese guild 3v20 not die n kill them loads. They wouldn't keep coming back if they kept dropping and it would of got boring

Status
Not open for further replies.