Zircon Server Development

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
I've tried it on every option given still getting black either side of screen, just downloaded Counter Strike and that works fine.

Mir simply does not stretch to fit your Aspect Ratio on Laptops.

The game and it's images are all square ratio (Or 4:3 I think?), so will forever have "Black Lines" down the sides because Laptops are set these days to 16:9.

Desktops however, always stretch to fit....I don't really know or understand why the difference, but i've yet to come across a PC that defaults to a square ratio when it has the options for 16:9 lol.

To fix it, you have to change your Graphics Settings to "Scale Full Image" or "Maintain Display Scaling" or something instead of "Maintain Aspect Ratio"

Changing resolution alone actually creates black lines along the top and bottom instead because it's trying to fit the wide screen resolution (That would normally suit a 16:9 display), in a 4:3 ratio box lol.

So to be clear...remove the Maintaining Aspect Ratio in your Graphics settings AND change the resolution to 1366x768 (I believe is what most Laptops are?)

Last edited:

O115

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Aug 3, 2016

The game and it's images are all square ratio (Or 4:3 I think?), so will forever have "Black Lines" down the sides because Laptops are set these days to 16:9.

Desktops however, always stretch to fit....I don't really know or understand why the difference, but i've yet to come across a PC that defaults to a square ratio when it has the options for 16:9 lol.

To fix it, you have to change your Graphics Settings to "Scale Full Image" or "Maintain Display Scaling" or something instead of "Maintain Aspect Ratio"

Changing resolution alone actually creates black lines along the top and bottom instead because it's trying to fit the wide screen resolution (That would normally suit a 16:9 display), in a 4:3 ratio box lol.

So to be clear...remove the Maintaining Aspect Ratio in your Graphics settings AND change the resolution to 1366x768 (I believe is what most Laptops are?)
Do you realise how much you use lol? it's like every other ****ing sentence and its driving me mad, I can't not notice them now and it gives me maximum cringe every time. Please stop.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

I used to be able to fix this problem fine on Windows 7, just all the Res and advanced setting in control panel are totally different on windows 10.. I'm 100% this is fixable i've never had this problem with any of my laptops.

Anybody with any better input than pottsy?

---------- Post Merged at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:25 PM ----------

what screen resolution are you running? (desktop)

1920 X 1080 that's what is recommended, i've literally matched my Res in display setting to all of the Res settings your game supports and none get rid of the black lines.. On my old laptops i could go into my Graphics as they were onboard and just untick a thing that said Scale to centre of screen but **** knows what im doing on here lmao, could anybody Teamviewer me or something? Really annoying, on the Character select / Observer screen i can't even tell what levels anybody is its all bunched up horrible.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
it doesn't have 1080p res as an option, run as the highest res in window, it looks fine for 1080p

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
it doesn't have 1080p res as an option, run as the highest res in window, it looks fine for 1080p

I matched all the Res from game to my desktop display and still had black lines either side, i can't play in window'd mode i click off and die to much lol Martyn Teamviewer me when you get a minute? I'm clueless on windows 10 its my first day.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
I used to be able to fix this problem fine on Windows 7, just all the Res and advanced setting in control panel are totally different on windows 10.. I'm 100% this is fixable i've never had this problem with any of my laptops.

Anybody with any better input than pottsy?

If I meant Windows Display Properties, i would have said so ;)

I said Graphics Settings. You will no doubt have a Graphics Driver Properties that will allow you to change more than what is offered by the basic Windows settings.

If your resolution matching isn't working, then you need to sort out the Aspect ratio settings, which you will only find in the Graphics Properties.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
If I meant Windows Display Properties, i would have said so ;)

I said Graphics Settings. You will no doubt have a Graphics Driver Properties that will allow you to change more than what is offered by the basic Windows settings.

Ever feel like being helpful instead of being a giant choch lol ? Hook me up.. :)

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Ever feel like being helpful instead of being a giant choch lol ? Hook me up.. :)

Was being pretty helpful....can't help your lack of understanding lol.

In either case, i can't hold your hand since I have no idea what you've bought or what's inside.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Jamie what is your autopatcher hosted on ? Fastest d/l speed i've ever had peaked at 14MB/s only place i've got close to that was 9mb/s on Steam, very nice though xD

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
zombies in mines give more exp once they get back up. should be less each time

SkeemaLOM

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Feb 6, 2017
Have similar issue with my display I play on hd tv and at max resolution in both my display settings and zircon settings results in black gaps on either side and doesn't stretch to screen. My default setting is with large text and if I try to run game zircon tells me my resolution is too low when in fact the issue is with the don't needing to be small or medium in order to display everything

Managed to get it working how I like by setting text back to small and lowering my resolution in display settings think in game I have resolution set higher and it stretches to screen how I like it but don't know for windows10 all I can say to try if I haven't already is make ure text size smaller? Most likely u got it set to small already but apart from that don't know what else to suggest hope u get it sorted

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Have similar issue with my display I play on hd tv and at max resolution in both my display settings and zircon settings results in black gaps on either side and doesn't stretch to screen. My default setting is with large text and if I try to run game zircon tells me my resolution is too low when in fact the issue is with the don't needing to be small or medium in order to display everything

Managed to get it working how I like by setting text back to small and lowering my resolution in display settings think in game I have resolution set higher and it stretches to screen how I like it but don't know for windows10 all I can say to try if I haven't already is make ure text size smaller? Most likely u got it set to small already but apart from that don't know what else to suggest hope u get it sorted

I just had to go into my graphics settings and change scaling to scale the whole screen, was stuck for ages as windows 10 is really weird to me atm lol.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Items Added
  • Fury Blade
  • Twisted Blade Of Souls
  • Yun Wine
  • Band Of Netherworld
  • Diamond Encrusted Band
  • Perfection Ring
  • Universe Ring
  • Iron Plate Necklace
  • Amulet Of Absorption
  • Pendant Of Wind Elemental
  • Soul Trapped Necklace
  • Celestial Blade
  • Halberd Of Integrity
  • Potion Of Oblivion
  • Sword Of Abyss
  • Glaive Of Doom
  • Warden's Fan Of Obedience
  • Divine Command

Monsters Added
  • Corpse Stalker
  • Light Armed Soldier
  • Corrosive Poison Spitter
  • Phantom Soldier
  • Mutated Octopus
  • Aqua Lizard
  • Stomper
  • Crimson Necromancer
  • Chaos Knight
  • Pachon The Chaos bringer

Mazza

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 30, 2013
Is there a way to make it so that ppl cant get tao buffs then tele into cave? Was nice little not quite an exploit on some servers. Make yr own tao park it in sz, get buffs, solo everything. Tao has to be in same map or something,

Status
Not open for further replies.