• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
All the people saying " no body drops will work fine like it did on other Mir 3s " .. This ain't your Normal Mir3 server is it ? We all need to remember 80% of the Usercount is going to be Mir2 players, I'm going to play either way as i love Jamie's work but Branding was the better way to go, No items drops it's just boring as bat **** period.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
All the people saying " no body drops will work fine like it did on other Mir 3s " .. This ain't your Normal Mir3 server is it ? We all need to remember 80% of the Usercount is going to be Mir2 players, I'm going to play either way as i love Jamie's work but Branding was the better way to go, No items drops it's just boring as bat **** period.

yeah most of the player base who still plays Mir all have played servers with body drops for over 10 years now with that being Mir3 or Mir 2.

the server will die off a lot faster without drops than it would with drops.

body drops adds the risk factor and the competition to the game, once the content is completed people hunt one another down for items/pride and sheer competition as everything else has already been done.

creates banter / enemy guilds / keeps people around.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
yeah most of the player base who still plays Mir all have played servers with body drops for over 10 years now with that being Mir3 or Mir 2.

the server will die off a lot faster without drops than it would with drops.

body drops adds the risk factor and the competition to the game, once the content is completed people hunt one another down for items/pride and sheer competition as everything else has already been done.

creates banter / enemy guilds / keeps people around.

Can't Agree more, Marble for Example once Red cave was easy including boss, i'd just sit in SZ waiting for guild to get in a fight and go to that looking for body drops, end game there really in no point hunting bosses when people have gemmed up goodies to drop :D

Aldor

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 16, 2013
To be honest I'm now more concerned about the class skill mechanics; Warrior skill timers suck, no more timed skills or double Bladestorm. Also the current Cashshop looks very P2W. Frustrating as the server will be very good, but it could be so much better in areas.

Rather a £50 one off payment (even for an outdated game) than Cashshop but that's bad business.....

It pretty much is a £50 one off payment the way it is set up atm. When I saw the amount of buffs in the cash shop I thought Jamie was trying to get a job at Activision or TRION, there is a ridiculous amount and I hope he consolidates a few of them. However, in terms of actual cost it's really not as bad as you may think due to the Hunt Gold system he has implemented. I was concerned about the costs so worked them out (obviously it's still in Alpha so he may change some things but last time I logged on this was reasonably accurate: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P4sFlZjvwYyrwoL100TbleLRifNszm6pRCcYtjc4L1g/edit#gid=0).

With how it is currently set up it's comparable to buying a £50-£60 founders pack for a few day head-start, similar to how a lot or MMOs seem to be nowadays. Whether that's acceptable or not for a Mir private server I don't know as I have little experience with them.

As for class mechanics I do agree, IMO Jamie's fear of class imbalance has homogenized the classes a little too much and even dumbed-down the playstyle in PvP (especially for the sin). Which is a big disappointment for me, the Mir 3 Sin was one of the most fun classes I've ever played in any MMO and that was on an the almost unplayable laggy global server. I can't deny the Zircon version may actually be better for the majority of Mir 2 players who seem to prefer the simpler class set-ups but I will miss the complexity and skill synergy it had on global.

Last edited:

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Also the current Cashshop looks very P2W. Frustrating as the server will be very good, but it could be so much better in areas.

Pay to win?

Not sure if you are trolling or ignorant, You are basically given 1440 Game gold per 24 hours of play... How is that pay to win? You don't even have to spend a penny.

I mean if I believed people would be more interested in a carbon copy of GSP, I'd create that in a heart beat because that **** was pay to win... Especially since there was no other alternative to the game gold.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Pay to win?

Not sure if you are trolling or ignorant, You are basically given 1440 Game gold per 24 hours of play... How is that pay to win? You don't even have to spend a penny.

I mean if I believed people would be more interested in a carbon copy of GSP, I'd create that in a heart beat because that **** was pay to win... Especially since there was no other alternative to the game gold.

How does that work mate? Do you have to have 24 hours of hunting to gain the 1440, is it quest base ? Or can you just sit in SZ and collect it like Rested exp ? Hope it's not tradeable.

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015
How does that work mate? Do you have to have 24 hours of hunting to gain the 1440, is it quest base ? Or can you just sit in SZ and collect it like Rested exp ? Hope it's not tradeable.

While you are in safezone/offline all your buffs are rested, like on marble.

When u leave safezone you gain 1 hunt gold per minute, This stacks up to x amount. To collect hunt gold you kill 1 mob. Ie u go afk out of safezone not killing anything for 10mins. You come back and have 10 hunt gold to redeem. Kill 10 any 10 mobs n that hunt gold is redeemed. Go afk outside of safezone for 2 hours without killing anything you will only earn hunt gold to your cap, it's something like lvl*2 + 10 as cap.

Items bought from cash shop with hunt gold is not tradeable. Temporary buffs last 24hours. Total 24 hour buff cost is around 1200 mark which is including a luck 1 buff at 500 gold. 1440 hubt gold per 24hr

You can buy anything in cash shop with hunt gold but you cannot trade purchases from hunt gold.

I think i calculated You could buy all the main perm buffs from hunt gols after around 120hours of playing. After that the hunt gold covers cost of temp buffs with a little to spare every 24hours.

It's far from p2w more a pay for a 1 week head start

Last edited:

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
It pretty much is a £50 one off payment the way it is set up atm. When I saw the amount of buffs in the cash shop I thought Jamie was trying to get a job at Activision or TRION, there is a ridiculous amount and I hope he consolidates a few of them. However, in terms of actual cost it's really not as bad as you may think due to the Hunt Gold system he has implemented. I was concerned about the costs so worked them out (obviously it's still in Alpha so he may change some things but last time I logged on this was reasonably accurate: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P4sFlZjvwYyrwoL100TbleLRifNszm6pRCcYtjc4L1g/edit#gid=0).

With how it is currently set up it's comparable to buying a £50-£60 founders pack for a few day head-start, similar to how a lot or MMOs seem to be nowadays. Whether that's acceptable or not for a Mir private server I don't know as I have little experience with them.

As for class mechanics I do agree, IMO Jamie's fear of class imbalance has homogenized the classes a little too much and even dumbed-down the playstyle in PvP (especially for the sin). Which is a big disappointment for me, the Mir 3 Sin was one of the most fun classes I've ever played in any MMO and that was on an the almost unplayable laggy global server. I can't deny the Zircon version may actually be better for the majority of Mir 2 players who seem to prefer the simpler class set-ups but I will miss the complexity and skill synergy it had on global.

the sins complexity will probably end up evolving around pvp, they already can puppet and dance on any map I believe, without karma and using dance and puppet, pking is definitely a risk vs judgement issue. If karma was added it's brings out easy mode killing, flash of light is still to be added which will have added effects from passive spells.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
While you are in safezone/offline all your buffs are rested, like on marble.

When u leave safezone you gain 1 hunt gold per minute, This stacks up to x amount. To collect hunt gold you kill 1 mob. Ie u go afk out of safezone not killing anything for 10mins. You come back and have 10 hunt gold to redeem. Kill 10 any 10 mobs n that hunt gold is redeemed. Go afk outside of safezone for 2 hours without killing anything you will only earn hunt gold to your cap, it's something like lvl*2 + 10 as cap.

Items bought from cash shop with hunt gold is not tradeable. Temporary buffs last 24hours. Total 24 hour buff cost is around 1200 mark which is including a luck 1 buff at 500 gold. 1440 hubt gold per 24hr

You can buy anything in cash shop with hunt gold but you cannot trade purchases from hunt gold.

I think i calculated You could buy all the main perm buffs from hunt gols after around 120hours of playing. After that the hunt gold covers cost of temp buffs with a little to spare every 24hours.

It's far from p2w more a pay for a 1 week head start

Thanks for Explaining mate, helpful as always!

Sound like a good system tbh far from pay to win, although i'll probably just stick 50£ on and buy all the perma's up on day one.

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010

Useful link, thank you.

I'm surprised the changes to the skill mechanics hasn't caused more of an outrage!

Ignorant, but in my defence, changes/updates aren't exactly always easily accessible or even explained at all to the public..

I understand the need for changes but the class mechanics at the moment are mind numbing. The synergy coupled with the skill timers were the best aspects of Mir 3, both for PvP and PvE (creates a 'skill' gap). This was not something that ever needed changing, you can create balance and changes in other ways.

I don't believe any Mir 3 player prefers the changes.

Last edited:

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom

Interesting spreadsheet,

I would point out that you wouldn't need Tonic of Luck unless you already have Luck 5 / 6 (It has almost no impact because of exponential scaling),

Without the Luck Drug, the Competative early game only costs a £0.06 an hour. (Which if you did away with Dex or Mana) it'd be free.

Last edited:

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
Interesting spreadsheet,

I would point out that you wouldn't need Tonic of Luck unless you already have Luck 5 / 6 (It has almost no impact because of exponential scaling),

Without the Luck Drug, the Competative early game only costs a £0.06 an hour. (Which if you did away with Dex or Mana) it'd be free.

can you be straight with us whats going on with PK drops because on the discord its still on the todo list on pinned messages, and some people said they aren't being added?

surly catering for everyone will benefit the server more and will get more people playing...

at this point we have no clue whats going on, one day there in the next there not then you came up with a solution that would benefit everyone and then nothing more has been said from you, just randoms saying you're not adding them, things like this should be open for discussion and open to public (you're player base) but not much has been posted here, all the updates get spoke about in game and discord, but on discord its always ends up ina slandering match.

JustAUser

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Feb 11, 2017
Ex wiz, it's 2017 if he makes a server with no pk drops it will die out fast, the occasional ten pound a week casuals will p2w still.

If it opens with no pk drops expect 150 users for a month or 2, then r.i.p

Can quote this post if/when he adds d drops to a dead server trying to claw people back.

I have no issue with Jamie bit if there's no pk drops I'll be in for a gd ol' game of ye olde' fisticuffs!

Gl which ever route you choose

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
I think ExWizz just wants Jamie to decide (if he hasn't already) and tell everyone openly. Another round of debate is just gonna go round and round, but hey, go for it if you want of course.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
I think ExWizz just wants Jamie to decide (if he hasn't already) and tell everyone openly. Another round of debate is just gonna go round and round, but hey, go for it if you want of course.

Yeah i want PK drops in game for sure, the game will die fast and people wont even bother trying without drops people have been playing other servers since Wemade Mir2/Mir3 doesn't really matter what one but we have had PK drops in game for over 10 years now, and the casuals that have came back after so many years want no drops in game again to ruin it for the players who have carried on playing after all these years and enjoy/play for the drop/risk factor of the game.

drops cause rivalry's banter and makes people continue to get stronger to get one over the other player or guild = long lasting server and more players.

but the lack of any information on the matter doesn't look good, the pinned messages with PK drops on has been removed from discord so doesn't look good so far.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Jamie really does need to clarify this we've been waiting months for an answer, whats the point in having no pk drops? To cater to 20% of your usercount? When 80% will be pushing for drops to be on pretty simple option to me, have to agree with JustAUser here i think with no pk drop's it will only hold a steady usercount for a month ( Please no Mir 3 faggot's trying to compare this to some dead Mir3 server you've played in the past because i don't care lol )

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
Jamie really does need to clarify this we've been waiting months for an answer, whats the point in having no pk drops? To cater to 20% of your usercount? When 80% will be pushing for drops to be on pretty simple option to me, have to agree with JustAUser here i think with no pk drop's it will only hold a steady usercount for a month ( Please no Mir 3 faggot's trying to compare this to some dead Mir3 server you've played in the past because i don't care lol )

was only wemade that had no PK drops due to the server unbalance and the mass desync jamies server doesn't have any of these problems, people are holding onto the past wemade was a dying server due to the lack of competition and sheer lack of content.

everyone in the mir community has been playing with PK drops for a lot longer than they have without drops, no idea what the whole problem with not having them on is.

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
was only wemade that had no PK drops due to the server unbalance and the mass desync jamies server doesn't have any of these problems, people are holding onto the past wemade was a dying server due to the lack of competition and sheer lack of content.

everyone in the mir community has been playing with PK drops for a lot longer than they have without drops, no idea what the whole problem with not having them on is.

Just to name a few

karma 1 hit kills no risk pking.
wraith grip roots you to the spot.
critical hit for all classes = 1-2 shot some are passive ranged spells
observer mode
tracking talismans.
tao pets that explode doing - 4500hp without crit

typically when you Ingage there is an almost instant outcome, a death.

i hear you want item drops from pk but trust me with the above Ingame you won't engage the moment there is un even odds or vs higher players. Even with 50/50 odds regardless of skill you could get hit for a crit which you can't do much about.

korean has not had body drops for the last 2-3 years that I can tell. I've never dropped or had any penalties. Level 63. I can't comment on levels 90+ Areas by I've not seen anyone drop to date.

Aldor

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 16, 2013
the sins complexity will probably end up evolving around pvp, they already can puppet and dance on any map I believe, without karma and using dance and puppet, pking is definitely a risk vs judgement issue. If karma was added it's brings out easy mode killing, flash of light is still to be added which will have added effects from passive spells.

If that's the only concern then turn Karma into a front-loaded DoT. Also, without karma the need to drop into stealth with puppet will be less significant.

I've never actually PvPed with lotus skills, who knows it may end up being fun. I do think the 20sec lotus buffs may need revising though, or make it so you can only have 1 lotus buff active at one time. ATM you can quite easily store a Red Lotus buff and line up a Sweetbrier > Red Lotus > Sweetbrier > Flash of Light combo that I can imagine being quite powerful in PvP.

Last edited:

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Your argument is that the game is defined by PK drops? Anyone that dislikes the concept is hereby labeled a 'casual' and apparently 'just came back'? Sounds like pretty ignorant logic there. You would be hard pressed to find any games that still use this type of feature these days, and it is certainly not because everyone is a casual.

Ill just quote my opinion from the other thread. I'm sure you can extrapolate the relevant point.
Never really bothered with the PvP side. Aside from balance being almost non-existent on every server so far as i can remember.

The only exception to this is War's, it is pretty much the only time i actually enjoy fighting. Mainly due to numbers/scale. I think without wars it would be pretty boring over time.

Mainly because its not even remotely interesting outside of big group fights.

1v1's are a complete joke in Mir. Either there is no/poor balance, the result is a given before going in based on class/gear/level; or it's just 30 minutes of running in circles getting a few hits in until one person rt's, over and over again. Followed of course by the inevitable hours/days of SZ kiddie talk bullshit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.