smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crawford

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 15, 2006
The The World revolves around money.
I dont have a lot of spare time , nor do i hve the knowledge to remove any bugs from the current file set and bring them upto 2.3 standards.
This in mind i wouldnt mind paying for the DM2 2.3 Files + source so that I could work on the files when I get more inept at delphi , but still release a server.
Some people spend 9-5 hard at work at the office.
Some people spend 9-5 screwing around with delphi making DM2 work better.
If I want to trade the reward I get from my 9-5 for theirs .. then whats wrong with that?

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
I am stopping this talk of paying for files now

We are not going down to Chinese road of charging for files
Anyone the decides to charge people for files released under a GPL will be banned from LOMCN

The whole point of Priv servers is that they are FREE

I work 9-5 (hell this week I have done 55+ hours as I am busy)
I still have time to work on my server and the files (and yes I have a life)

Paying for the files is the wrong way to go about things

BH

Fire

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 15, 2003
I am stopping this talk of paying for files now

We are not going down to Chinese road of charging for files
Anyone the decides to charge people for files released under a GPL will be banned from LOMCN

The whole point of Priv servers is that they are FREE

I work 9-5 (hell this week I have done 55+ hours as I am busy)
I still have time to work on my server and the files (and yes I have a life)

Paying for the files is the wrong way to go about things

BH
completely agree 100%

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
I'm in mixed moods, it is very easy to say 'KEEP IT FREE' on one hand. But the idea of money as an incentive is enticing as it would mean that servers which go up, would on the whole be good quality, as the owners would have had to invest to get the files and so would not put servers out which lag and last a month tops.
However, keeping it free is an incentive to see more people use and mould the files to their own ends.
I don't really have an opinion, a mixture of both maybe a nice tihng to see. But as lomcn stated, anyone trying to sell them will be banned and so would have to find another outlet.

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
Destroy what? what is what? :P
And I would just be charging for code I added. Just as I can license it howerver I want. I mean IF I started to sell files which I have no intention of doing before you persecute me.

Crawford

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 15, 2006
So no purchasing of Files is allowed?
WEhat about the "Hiring" of staff??? ... Yea lets call it "hiring".

In this same thread people talk about how much it cost DC to "run a server" and we should be "greatful for the time and money put into it" .. cpl posts later your saying you dont think money should be involved with Private servers?
Make up your goddamn minds ... all the current servers have some sort of ingame item-purchase system under the guise of "Donations".
Plus ... hypothetically speaking .. If i bought the files and used them to make a server ... you wouldnt know a goddamn thing about it now would ya .. unless i posted a receipt .. pffft ... :S

Jesus LOL

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 1, 2006
So no purchasing of Files is allowed?
WEhat about the "Hiring" of staff??? ... Yea lets call it "hiring".

In this same thread people talk about how much it cost DC to "run a server" and we should be "greatful for the time and money put into it" .. cpl posts later your saying you dont think money should be involved with Private servers?
Make up your goddamn minds ... all the current servers have some sort of ingame item-purchase system under the guise of "Donations".
Plus ... hypothetically speaking .. If i bought the files and used them to make a server ... you wouldnt know a goddamn thing about it now would ya .. unless i posted a receipt .. pffft ... :S

Phone up a hosting company and ask them to set you up a server for free, because it's a private server and no money should be involved.. see what response you get

Crawford

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 15, 2006
Phone up a hosting company and ask them to set you up a server for free, because it's a private server and no money should be involved.. see what response you get

Why? I know what response I'd get ... even a retard would know ...

wait .. don't tell me you had to ring to find out? :lol:

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
This entire thread is Silly -why?

A group of Chinese People grafted HARD to write from Scratch Legend of Mir 2. SOme other Chinese people STOLE the files from them and posted them on a forum / site. People from LOMCN found this post and used to form the basis of Dimaond M2 thingy. After getting bored or whatever of programming it themself, they opened it "Open Source" with rules such as how people could Distrubute it. One part of the said team took the files and formed "DC" with no interesting the the people of LOMCN other then to run a better server then everyone else.

theDeath took the files and shared it on ragezone - 90% dont understand how to compile and run Delphi, so this was a easier option to get the latest files BUT this is missing fixes and updates what the "other" teams are doing - thus Fragmented set of all the same files.

The people who wrote "Parts" of the Shared resource are not happy that these other people are using THERE work, yet you are more then happy to rip apart all the work by the Chinese and share it out willy nilly. That my friend is what is called Double Standards.

Final Point is that MIR2 is owned by Wemade - it was never meant to be run by some little boy in his bedroom on his home pc, so in effect you are also stealing work by them in one shape or form..

Also...
Originally Posted by MentaL
If you charge people to use free files i will personally destroy it

You my friend are making Money from Running a Server, so you better Destroy yourself while your at it,.,

NickAKAVexus

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2005
New york
This entire thread is Silly -why?

A group of Chinese People grafted HARD to write from Scratch Legend of Mir 2. SOme other Chinese people STOLE the files from them and posted them on a forum / site. People from LOMCN found this post and used to form the basis of Dimaond M2 thingy. After getting bored or whatever of programming it themself, they opened it "Open Source" with rules such as how people could Distrubute it. One part of the said team took the files and formed "DC" with no interesting the the people of LOMCN other then to run a better server then everyone else.

theDeath took the files and shared it on ragezone - 90% dont understand how to compile and run Delphi, so this was a easier option to get the latest files BUT this is missing fixes and updates what the "other" teams are doing - thus Fragmented set of all the same files.

The people who wrote "Parts" of the Shared resource are not happy that these other people are using THERE work, yet you are more then happy to rip apart all the work by the Chinese and share it out willy nilly. That my friend is what is called Double Standards.

Final Point is that MIR2 is owned by Wemade - it was never meant to be run by some little boy in his bedroom on his home pc, so in effect you are also stealing work by them in one shape or form..

Also...
Originally Posted by MentaL
If you charge people to use free files i will personally destroy it

You my friend are making Money from Running a Server, so you better Destroy yourself while your at it,.,

Wrong, nothing was stolen directly from wemade except the server files to begin with.

The source was converted by a dedicated team of chinese from the 1.4 m2server exe. ASM -> Delphi.

Proof is provided in a saved IDA database that has tons of commented code and named asm functions. Not to mention all the addresses etc throught out our current source. :)

Edit: I should put more attention in when reading posts.. you basicly said some other chinese guy stole it from them..guess thats true. However source wasn't even close to running properly.

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
i let people buy items, i dont charge to play, gameplay is free :)

You have just fitted in with my other post though, people dont HAVE to pay you money to run about on your server BUT with no "Donations" the monthly cost would outway to reason to run it, ala Low rate Server !!!

Wrong, nothing was stolen directly from wemade except the server files to begin with.

The source was converted by a dedicated team of chinese from the 1.4 m2server exe. ASM -> Delphi.

Proof is provided in a saved IDA database that has tons of commented code and named asm functions. Not to mention all the addresses etc throught out our current source. :)

Edit: I should put more attention in when reading posts.. you basicly said some other chinese guy stole it from them..guess thats true. However source wasn't even close to running properly.

What is stopping people taking the code, re-coding it and adding what they want in, protecting the EXE's and then distrubute it as there own code? Did this very thing not happen to some Half open sourced WoW (WoWoWoW), the chinese "TOOK" the files, decompiled them and carried on working and making it better etc??

What is the Incentive for the team that are left to Keep submitting updates to the SVN for example, knowning full well the "others" will steal this and use it for there own (no names mentioned). Is this project now Offically dead seen as you all have real lifes to live??

NickAKAVexus

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2005
New york
svn is there for anyone who can program, if they want to add some cool features for their own use they can. If they want to run a server they're going to need a decent team. Not everything should be carried on the teams shoulders. What i'm saying is if people want to do something they can, it shouldn't be.. "oh ffs you guys aren't even working on source anymore!!! you suck!" pay me and i'll build you a house. :P

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
If you want to see how a Proper Open Source Emulator is ran, go tottle along to the L2J Site. What is the Difference between Mir2 SVN and this silly L2J thing? The Entire Site/forum is dedicated to the project, not just some Sub-Section. People HELP the team by point out bugs, adding Code, going into the real Server asnd posting a lot of information and so forth - Updates are like each day or at most every couple of days.

Maybe it might be better if the same pattern was followed, then again most people on here dont do such things as I posted above, they are just happy to sit back and let others do it for them..

Anyhoo - Ive said enough already - I dont even Like Mir2 FFS...

Crawford

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 15, 2006
I said this from the start -

DM2 GPL + Opensource was made & established so that particular people could use others to complete files that they knew would take them a lifetime by themselves.

Now we are seeing the truth to all of that , the "DC Team" consists of many people who are also on the "LOMCN project" , yet somehow the DC project is now "Euro Accurate" , and the LOMCN project lays dead ...

You would have to be blind not to be able to see these peoples motives plain as day.

LaHrr.S

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2007
Why are you all fighting? TheDeath, Dataforce, BabyHack, MentaL. All of you should get over your ego and work together on finishing off these files. Once they are done, you can all do as you please.

MentaL does his RageZone
BabyHack does his DevilSoul
e.t.c.

When updates come, work together again.

Unless someone can explain the problems which evolve from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.