FiveHeroes - C# Server

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England
Any info on the assassin class? You've always made the class feel special on previous servers, like a proper assassin with back stab and stuff, be nice to know what you plan on doing with the class on Five Heroes.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
yeah il be defo giving it a shot but iv been told by alot that some funny business happened on other servers
there was never any "funny business"... the items were all available in the gameshop, we never hide anything or the fact that items were sold. everyone was given a fair and equal chance

i did enjoy the server i played that you made/ran.

the on thing that put me off was the amount of full kits that where bought for real life money from you. i know everyone could buy them off you and you could gain them from mobs, but it just ruined it for me. will this be the case on this server?
gameshop is probably the last thing on the list to be done, but we have had some discussion over it and dont want to sell items. We want to keep it to consumables such as drop rate/exp/stat buffs etc. We've had a few ideas but as i say we are not rly interested in that at the moment

the gameshop will be similar to 4h low rate where no items were sold.

This is a big decision as drops always need to be balanced around gameshop. We think leaving items out of the gameshop will provide more fun and challenge to the server.

One idea im quite kean on is a token to enter a boss spawning room that has a drop rate buff increase.
E.g. you enter the spawning room, pick which boss you want to spawn, the drop is say x10, kill it and hope you get the item you want.
This will be a various to the drop rate buff pot i guess... just more convenient and more powerful. Might give some sort of extra help with the boss like giving you a few pets to fight it as well perhaps - i dunno as I said these ideas are just floating about, we've not come to the gameshop just yet

Any info on the assassin class? You've always made the class feel special on previous servers, like a proper assassin with back stab and stuff, be nice to know what you plan on doing with the class on Five Heroes.
not yet, me and hany are working on archer at the moment then assassin then revisiting the other 3 classes to see how we can improve them

the idea will still be the same tho, i believe assassin should have spells like backstab, flicker strike and other skilsl you've seen on previous servers of mine.

reecew

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 23, 2010
Newcastle
ahh good i just thought is ask as some people said some things about other servers... thought id ask myself.

il be playing for sure hopefully this server will be worth sticking around for, goodluck

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
Just a few questions to ask. Happy to see you making a Server at least (and on the c# files, something I'm planning on doing myself)

Donations? pay to win like your previous servers or are you toning it down a little for this one? Never a fan of people buying full kits a few days after the kits just been released into drop files.

What will make this server unique? Oldskool was unique due to subclasses and imo your most successful server yet. 3Heroes(LowRate) was a flop, possibly due to low rate / people you worked with. 4Heroes was probably one of the best high rates I ever played, the assassin class being unique (inivisble+backstab) made the game very fun to play as well as a multitude of things to keep people busy.

Professionalism - something you/your team has lacked in the past except perhaps Matt. Can we expect better manners from you/your team when we need support from you with issues?

All genuine questions. I look forward to playing your server - who knows, maybe you'll start asking me for more ideas again like back in the day.

All reasons I won't be playing.

Good luck but no thanks.

Reactions: Samuel

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

Good luck but no thanks.

Lol everyone says that haha.

End of the day i'm not a fan of OTT gameshops like Bon has had in the past. Even though he's said it's not a top priority, he may end up doing it again. But tbh, if the servers any good, who really cares? I play for the content, not to beat the noobs who have more money than sense lol.

If the servers good, i'll play. The owner doesn't make any difference to me. The only time that's a problem is if they have a reputation for shutting them down (E.g. DayDie would bring them up for months at a time for a bit of cash and shut it afterwards)

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Lol everyone says that haha.

End of the day i'm not a fan of OTT gameshops like Bon has had in the past. Even though he's said it's not a top priority, he may end up doing it again. But tbh, if the servers any good, who really cares? I play for the content, not to beat the noobs who have more money than sense lol.

If the servers good, i'll play. The owner doesn't make any difference to me. The only time that's a problem is if they have a reputation for shutting them down (E.g. DayDie would bring them up for months at a time for a bit of cash and shut it afterwards)
I agree that its very easy for someone to say "no i wont do that" then go ahead and do it anyway, that happens every day in life. however in regards to items in gameshop its something we're against this time around and wouldnt fit in with the server we're trying to create

Ive always been open and honest and said if items will be in the shop or not, its up to you to decide if you want to believe me or not but ive always been honest to my word. We said 4h LR wouldnt have items in the shop and it didnt.

Our approach this time around is also completely different to before, in the sense that we are not looking towards the server for an income, but rather to create something special we can be proud of. There might not even be a gameshop, but instead a donation system that opens every month to pay for upkeep costs (dedi, forum, website etc), and once that amount is filled it closes.

Good luck but no thanks.
Not sure why you felt the need to tell us you wont be playing... it doesn't effect us or anyone else. This topic is for discussing the server... not a "will you play or not" thread, but thanks for showing the interest and bumping the thread.

Either way out of the things koriban highlighted we have provided answers to them... I agree with most of his points as well, but times have changed and we have all matured.

LordOfWar1

Known Cheater
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Feb 5, 2014
Looks good i will try the beta....but you must watch out! I'm a known cheater

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
I agree that its very easy for someone to say "no i wont do that" then go ahead and do it anyway, that happens every day in life. however in regards to items in gameshop its something we're against this time around and wouldnt fit in with the server we're trying to create

Ive always been open and honest and said if items will be in the shop or not, its up to you to decide if you want to believe me or not but ive always been honest to my word. We said 4h LR wouldnt have items in the shop and it didnt.

Our approach this time around is also completely different to before, in the sense that we are not looking towards the server for an income, but rather to create something special we can be proud of. There might not even be a gameshop, but instead a donation system that opens every month to pay for upkeep costs (dedi, forum, website etc), and once that amount is filled it closes.

Not sure why you felt the need to tell us you wont be playing... it doesn't effect us or anyone else. This topic is for discussing the server... not a "will you play or not" thread, but thanks for showing the interest and bumping the thread.

Either way out of the things koriban highlighted we have provided answers to them... I agree with most of his points as well, but times have changed and we have all matured.

In my opinion, the public who could be playing the server and spending their own personal time on it deserve to know what kind of server this will probably turn into, like every other server you have created. Fair enough, your servers have had great potential but they have all been ruined by your greed.

I don't see this one being any different, prove me wrong and prove your all grown up now... like I said, good luck.

Vagrant said:
Does anyone care you wont be playing ?

Lol, your country.

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
In my opinion, the public who could be playing the server and spending their own personal time on it deserve to know what kind of server this will probably turn into, like every other server you have created. Fair enough, your servers have had great potential but they have all been ruined by your greed.

I don't see this one being any different, prove me wrong and prove your all grown up now... like I said, good luck.
All my servers have been very successful and long lasting. Ask 10 people what their favourite server has been and at least half will name 1 of my servers.
Sorry I guess your kind of server is something like mir revenge... or wait.. chronicles? :RpS_rolleyes:

Anyway no one shares your opinion here and as I said this thread is for the advert, so please take your unwanted comments elsewhere, thanks.

IHaveALongName

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
Qatar
Sorry I guess your kind of server is something like mir revenge... or wait.. chronicles? :RpS_rolleyes:

Anyway no one shares your opinion here and as I said this thread is for the advert, so please take your unwanted comments elsewhere, thanks.

BOOM !
agreed =) .

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Ok next question for you Bon lol.

Only asking for the sheer amount of them posting.

These cheaters ;) i've no idea about the security of the C# files but I assume something would be put in place about the cheating if it's not already?

reecew

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 23, 2010
Newcastle
Ok next question for you Bon lol.

Only asking for the sheer amount of them posting.

These cheaters ;) i've no idea about the security of the C# files but I assume something would be put in place about the cheating if it's not already?

' The files also have anti-speed hack so everyone should be the same speed making PvP very interesting and balanaced! '

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK

Fresh start for Bon with these new C# files. At least it's not one of those servers that are copy and paste and put up for a few quid. The coding amount put in will be satisfactory for me as I know it can be a difficult task - some may not understand the knowledge and complexity needed for some tasks but it's far greater than anyone else who just copy's NPCs and mobs.

I for one will play, although Bon has a bad past I don't care and you shouldn't taint his advert as he has mentioned already he would not be selling kits (i think? :P), I fell that makes him innocent until proven guilty - If he cocks up whilst running the server then he would have done all that hard work to then loose players and it would be his own fault.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
Roll on 5heroes, no need to try and attract players chronicles doing a good job at sending them your way.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
Will it go down within a year or two?
If so no way, I wouldn't commit to any of your servers (no matter how 'good' they are) if it's anything less than 2 years not a flying hells chance.
Would be interesting to see if you keep your word about donations.. no surprise if you don't.

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Will it go down within a year or two?
I wouldn't commit to any of your servers (no matter how 'good' they are)
Another one.....who cares what you commit to.....i dont think that this thread was created for .... like you to post bull like this..

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Another one.....who cares what you commit to.....i dont think that this thread was created for .... like you to post bull like this..

Hence why I said anything LESS than 3 years highlighting PART of the post is just daft.

Bit like this really.

Today I went to buy a bike, , but I did get it from another place.

Makes so much sense right? idiot.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
You said 2 years originally, now its 3. You sure you don't wanna up that to 4?

What a silly question to ask in the first place. I'm sure Bon has already chosen the date he plans to close his currently unreleased server.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
You said 2 years originally, now its 3. You sure you don't wanna up that to 4?

What a silly question to ask in the first place. I'm sure Bon has already chosen the date he plans to close his currently unreleased server.

Sure I'll up it to 70 if it makes you happy, fingers do slip onto other keys a times... I guess you must be Mr perfect at typing 100% of the time right?

Viable question I would have thought but must be just me not wanting to waste time on a server that goes down sooner than I would like?

I guess I'm not allowed to ask questions.

Sorry me lord....

Last edited: