1.4 - 2.3 answers needed!!

Join Discord

DayWalker™

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 11, 2004
Middlesbrough ! Smoggy!
hey i've had a 1.4 server in the past and i'm now in the process of making a 2.3, i've taking some of my custom maps from my 1.4 server and put them in my 2.3 server but the tiles and objects are abit fked up i was woundering if i take the tiles and objects from my 1.4 and put them in my 2.3 server will it fk up the client

cheers

/Daywalker

dscottys

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 26, 2005
Liverpool
It may be the same vice versa...you could try it but back-up your files etc :)

I think it may be ruined myself but hey im not sure :)

Upvote 0

TheBoss

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 6, 2004
Middlesbrough
Ive also got the same problem, im just thinking .. would it be poss to add the object etc to other .will files.

Just ive got 20 - 30 maps from 1.4 i would like to add to 2.3, ive added a couple when ive moved to them there either the wrong map or objects n tiles are all messed up !

TB

Upvote 0

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
If you just move the object files from your 1.4 into 2.3 files... then it will work. I assume it works backwards also... depends if 1.4 supports objects 10+

Next issue.. you cant just edit your object.wils , as maps wont work. The object on the map, is linked to that object cell.. not the object in the cell.

For example if you took object 00001.. and swaped it with 00002, the map wouldnt know this.. so it would still show the object from the cell 00001, which would be the object from 00002.

Last issue.. the reason for most maps from 1.4 not working on 2.3, is becasue the object.wils you had then were customized with carttony maps.. whereas most 2.3 servers all work off korean files.. which dont contain these, and have been put in the slots which the cartoony maps were placed.

Upvote 0