1.4 Server?

Join Discord

Arithus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 9, 2009
Well recently i have been thinking about making a 2.3 server and set about doing so just the other day.

BUT.

I've had quite a few people on my MSN shouting for a 1.4 server and for it to be like old euro was so here is the plan of action.

1.4 Server to start off with. Update to 1.9 around 6 months later. And a further update to 2.3 later again. Meaning there is room for lots of updates

Start level = 1
Start gold = 15k

Exp = Standard 1.4 euro rates

Drop rates will be increased slightly but not alot.

The aim of this server is to give you something to work for.

Dont post if your going to be a critic.

Oh and before people say "No one will play" iv already got about 40 people confirmed to wanna play and thats higher than most servers i see going and thats before posting on here.

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
i don't think it will work as in peoples heads they think it will be like euro, but after a week of grinding to lvl 20 they will realise its not the same.

good luck though, but with mir2 official coming out and 2.6 slowly getting polished i think it will be a losing battle.

just my opinion.

noisound

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 23, 2004
sill starting a 1.4 server completly pointless, may aswell just start with 2.3

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
put a 1.4 server online, will be down within a week because of cheats and exploits

past is past... leave it there

and ye i know thanks, about as awesome as yours as?

you need to stop followin me around forums your stalkin is getin outta hand, im sure your in love with me or soemthing

Arithus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 9, 2009
there are many ways to safeguarf a server against exploits etc , if i wanna have a 1.4 and i have enough players to make it worthwhile , which i do. Then i will.

If you have enough time to be a critic about what im doing why dont you go do some work on your own server and leave me alone.

Grinch

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 30, 2008
I dont see 2 much changes between 1.x-,2,x files are the same only are change it the exes, and 1 type use BD = Borland DB and the other Sql DB. If u change the exe u will be in different version. Only that, and all the people who make 1 server , (old makers) are starting and have at the base with 1.4 , and make until 2.6 or Wool servers. If u wanna make some changes only must to change the exes and put some wil/wix in plus...And me i have hack for 1.4 version , who tranform you from client into GM. I use it only to create anticheat for this.

Was just an ideea....

Last edited:

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
I dont see 2 much changes between 1.x-,2,x files are the same only are change it the exes, and 1 type use BD = Borland DB and the other Sql DB. If u change the exe u will be in different version. Only that, and all the people who make 1 server , (old makers) are starting and have at the base with 1.4 , and make until 2.6 or Wool servers. If u wanna make some changes only must to change the exes and put some wil/wix in plus...And me i have hack for 1.4 version , who tranform you from client into GM. I use it only to create anticheat for this.

Was just an ideea....

I dont see 2 much changes between 1.x-,2,x
it means you have a big problem .

the rest of the text is just an bulli**** of LEGENDOFMIR like always , i don't understand why admins didnt banned you till now , but i need to say that you are lucky and a retard of course

anyway make a good thing for LOMCN and leave it or deconnect you network NOW!

Arithus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 9, 2009
You dont have a program that can make you a GM on my server as we have blocked port 6000 and other things needed to secure it , we have already tried hacking our own server to make sure it is safe guarded.....

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
You dont have a program that can make you a GM on my server as we have blocked port 6000 and other things needed to secure it , we have already tried hacking our own server to make sure it is safe guarded.....
lol port 6k isnt the only hack

wot about mirlander?

what about the NPC hack that cant be secured again? so u cant do any quest given item NPCs

honestly that chinese guy loged on OS 1.4 before, and spamed logged on 100s of noobs in sz....

he also hacked all npcs
changed his level
changed his gm permission

did loads

theres also the hackin tool that u can log on ppls characters just by knowin id and char name

so ye ok, ur 1.4 is totaly secure, ignore all the warnin and go for it. wotever dunno why i even posted

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
i'm not on this but when updateing from 1.4 and up to 2.3 or phili

will the db server for sql read the old 1.4 dbs?

Arithus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 9, 2009
not sure how it works but there is guides for 1.4 to 1.9 and 1.9 to 2.3 so its possible

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
1.4 is so pointless , people have tried this (ben n more) and got no where , its gets hacked from all over. theres a reason no1 uses them nemore , there not secure

Arithus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 9, 2009
i said dont post if your gunna be a critic , or is that so difficult? Mods please close this thread

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
another constructive post well done my friend
actually it was, i gave many valid points on why not to use the files

but if u wanna be an idiot and ignore all the warnings, be my quest, can only say i told u so at the end of it all

good luck.