100mb

Kani

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 8, 2007
got 100mb other day and speeds r so inconsistent, for example when wired u get between 50-90 mb/s on http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/

on wireless i get between 30-70

I was getting even worse on an old adapter but just got a N duel band adapter sent to us which they were supposed to give us on the install but they didn't

i don't recommend this to any1 untill they have officially released it cause they r still beta testing it and such..hoping some of my problems r resolved on the next firmware update

Kani

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 8, 2007
My actual wireless card broke a while back so I was using a DWA-140 D Link Adapter which worked perfect on 50mb but not on 100mb, so now I'm using a NETGEAR WNDA3200 Wireless 11N Dual-band USB Adapter and the driver version is 2.0.0.57

Hazuki

VIP
VIP
Apr 14, 2004
United Kingdom
4. How do I get higher link rate and throughput when using WNA3100?

Some approaches may help you to get a higher link rate and throughput in your environment:
a. Please make sure to set your wireless router/AP to “Up to 300Mbps”, or “HT 20/40 Mbps” mode. Under 802.11n wireless mode, the throughput and link rate will be higher than 802.11 b/g connection mode.
b. Make sure you don’t have other wireless interference at the same location like 2.4GHz
DECT phone, Bluetooth devices, 2.4GHz baby monitors, etc.
c. Avoid using the same wireless channel that your neighbor is using. You can use the adapter’s utility to check the network list and choose a channel that is being use less by nearby wireless routers/AP.
d. Use the plastic cradle that came with the WNA3100 package. It will help extend the wireless reception of your WNA3100.

Anyone else using the internet while you run the tests?

Kani

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 8, 2007
Yea I would leave it on 5 Ghz but we have a laptop which needs it to be 2.4 Ghz in order to work because we only have one adapter, however that laptop was not in use when I ran the test, a wired connection is in use. It is already set to "Up to 300Mbps", The hub is in the same location as my old router which worked perfect, I have already set it to channel 11 because channel 1 provides extremely slow speeds, like 200 bytes lol. I will try that plastic cradle later when my current download has finished.

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
what router are you using to get the connection at 100mb? did the provider give you the router to use?

to give it a good and real test you should try a wired 1gb connection to the router which gives you the 100mb internet.. if you are already using a 1gb wired connection to the router and your connection is still slow then you should inform the provider.. i doubt that with a 100mb lan connection you can truely test a 100mb internet connection.. i would for safety give a x10 speed to your lan over the internet connection..

you might also consider upgrading your wireless to sometime much higher than the classic N.. maybe a N600 or a N750 might be much better.. ovviously you should get all pc's on gigabit ethernet or wireless card adapters with much more stamina...

Kani

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 8, 2007
We have the superhub which they gave us which is the modem + router in one, I've searched abit and a lot of people have problems with the wireless but the wired pc has a 10/100 ethernet card and this adapter was made for this superhub so I have now plugged in the plastic cradle at at this time I'm getting a steady 45 mb/s ish, but that's at 00:52 am