2.3 or 2.6 Help plz

Join Discord

DrUgZ

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 20, 2003
Hi guyz, I am the original creator (with Insane) of the quite popular 1.4 Insane Server. (We gave it to TheBoss to go live with it due to work commitments)
Together with Insane we are now going to relaunch Insane Server but unsure as to make it either a 2.3 or 2.6 server.
I would really appreciate any help on whether 2.3 files or 2.6 files are the least buggy.
I am also using Win7 Ultimate 64 bit, any issues?
What version of SQL WILL WORK with Win7 64 bit?
Are Assassin Class available with 2.3 files?
Is the Quest system available with 2.3 files?

The server will be donation free as Im happy to bear the cost of a dedi box.
The server will be based on our old server which means LOADS of lvling caves.

Just need some help/info on which set of files are likely to be the easiest/bug free to work with and my main issue is the version of SQL that will work best with Win 7 64 bit so any help would be great!

Thanks Guyz,

DrUgZ

LegendsMir

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 13, 2010
Hi guyz, I am the original creator (with Insane) of the quite popular 1.4 Insane Server. (We gave it to TheBoss to go live with it due to work commitments)
Together with Insane we are now going to relaunch Insane Server but unsure as to make it either a 2.3 or 2.6 server.
I would really appreciate any help on whether 2.3 files or 2.6 files are the least buggy.

Just need some help/info on which set of files are likely to be the easiest/bug free to work with and my main issue is the version of SQL that will work best with Win 7 64 bit so any help would be great!

Thanks Guyz,

DrUgZ

2.3 are still the best atm, but primal files are catching up fast. Assassin is not in 2.3, you can use the armours,weps to make it look like assassin. Quest system is not in 2.3

I would use 2.3 atm, and maybe transfer over to primal when they are more complete.

Upvote 0

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
If you want bug free you need to use 2.3

No problems at all with any windows versions
Sql is only needed if you go for 2.3 not 2.6
Assassin is only in 2.6
No quest in 2.3 and the only files released with quest at mo are elysian

Hope this helps

lif

Upvote 0

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Just go 2.3.

As long you dont plan to have over 1k stats there is no reason to use 2.6 files atm.

Upvote 0

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
i would go with 2.3 aswell even though i am personally starting to use the primal m2 files..

when i used 2.3 i added assassin aswell, just was part of a quest ingame that allowed your char to turn into assassin.. wasn't proper since you had no spells or other things but only the looks and items for assassin but it gave the strange effect that it was in also in td's files..

if you can script well then you can make some nice things also in td's files and have a lot of fun

Upvote 0

DrUgZ

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 20, 2003
Thanks for the help guyz, I know theres a few 2.3 files to DL but in your opinions which set are the most bug free/easiest to use atm?

Link would be great too :)

Upvote 0

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008

Thanks Guyz,

DrUgZ

Is this the InSaNe the boss putted up?:D Because i loved that server :001_wub:

On topic: The best files atm is 2.3 there aint sin's on it. Cap DC is 1k on 2.3 And best of luck ;)

Upvote 0

DrUgZ

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 20, 2003
Is this the InSaNe the boss putted up?:D Because i loved that server :001_wub:

Yeah, me and Insane made the server but due to work we gave server files to TheBoss and he run the server.

Aint used 2.3 files before so gonna be a challenge (SQL that is) but hoping to relaunch as soon as we get our heads round it :)

Upvote 0

hustler

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
Bring back insane (Y).. 2.3 are bug free files around atm. no assassin + no quest system. sql will work on w7 but it's hard to get it working. I've managed to do it and i can guide you if you wish, pm me your msn and we can talk later on when im back from college. I would probably use the pm2 files as im using that atm it's 2.6 i havn't found any major bugs and everything seems fine so far. They are getting updated as far as i know and bugs are always fixed if reported. It has the assassin but no quest system as of yet. It needs a little work in the db and setup to sort a few things out, took me a while but i managed to do it and seems ok. Some other features work fine ingame such as the fishing+tiger but really you dont have to go through all that trouble using them tbh. + you can also disable the assassin class in the files if they bother you.

h

Upvote 0

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
2.6 sounds like your best bet, Everyones done 2.3 far too many times, Like hustler said the current files are having reported bugs fixed upon thier next releases so i would personally go with them.

Plus youl be alot more happyier editing txt files like 1.4 + saving lots of time as ud only have to copy and paste and make small adjustments... and useing the db with Microsoft Access which is also very easy to use and install on any version of windows as its an microsoft office feature (torrent microsoft access if you dont have office installed), 2.3 you have to edit most things in sql and it gets tedious.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Insane

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 18, 2003
The Matrix!!
We have just come to that very conclusion, having got 2.3 working and logged in we decided editing the sql tables too much of a screw on... so we are going 2.6 which mean easier editing with just the text files.

cheers for the assistance anyway, if anyone has any other suggestions they are always gladly welcome.

Regards

2.6 sounds like your best bet, Everyones done 2.3 far too many times, Like hustler said the current files are having reported bugs fixed upon thier next releases so i would personally go with them.

Plus youl be alot more happyier editing txt files like 1.4 + saving lots of time as ud only have to copy and paste and make small adjustments... and useing the db with Microsoft Access which is also very easy to use and install on any version of windows as its an microsoft office feature (torrent microsoft access if you dont have office installed), 2.3 you have to edit most things in sql and it gets tedious.

Upvote 0

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Glad you took my advice cos PM2 files are looking fairly good as it stands! You could have something good here, First proper PM2 server up alot of people would play it as insane was the tits anyway!

Upvote 0