Request A bit of info needed for an old school player

Akuma

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 6, 2006
Good morning.
I used to be in the Mir scene many many many years ago, playing the original dragon euro Mir server, p69 ledu, ragezone ledu, slowly making my own ledu Akuma Mir 2 servers and when td released the 2.3 files upgrading to those.

I have found an upcoming server which has royally put me in the mood to start to make my own server/s again for nostalgia reasons.

Searching online I have found many up to date server files(only need files and clients as will be using all my own custom ideas for everything else) , but I would like your guys personal opinions as to which servers files are best, most complete, most stable, without back doors (looking at you td lol).

Thanks again
Akuma aka TGW aka VirUs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
There's only one set of files worth using these days which is Crystal.

No one uses those old Delphi files any more thank god.

Reactions: booHA and Sanjian

Akuma

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 6, 2006
Thanks for responses so far.

I’ll download these both sets for now to compare while waiting for other responses, will see which suits my needs most.

Crystal are the worst shitty rubbish files, I would recommend using Heroes files and then modifying them

What makes them shitty compared to heroes.

There's only one set of files worth using these days which is Crystal.

No one uses those old Delphi files any more thank god.

Jesus remember those Delphi files. That was like 15 years ago lol.

Whoops777

LOMCN Member
Sep 27, 2022
If am rite crystal is the latest files with everything new heros mite be set back few years and ur only determination is to add them yourself for nothing

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Crystal are the worst shitty rubbish files, I would recommend using Heroes files and then modifying them
You're probably the last person anyone should take advice from . Has anyone even ran a Heroes Delphi server in the last 5 years?

I think "modify" is the key word here. You haven't got that opportunity to do it outside of Crystal. If you did, people would obviously be using other files right now.

Whoops777

LOMCN Member
Sep 27, 2022
There was double skills once in mir on hero files no 1 quite knows how to add them anyway

Also far why ain't they in crystal
Is it due to assisin and archer?

Akuma

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 6, 2006
I’m looking for something close to td files or ledu files development wise. Something where all
War wiz and Tao skills work
Where mob ai etc work
I’m not interested in assassins or archers tbh but if they are there they are there lol

NoLife999

If God Only Knew!
Golden Oldie
Mar 8, 2004
leeds
Crystal files are the best i would say they seem bug free to me as far as game play is and skills easy to manage and use

were as heroes are old and have some bugs like curse as a tao u can curse your pet and it some how it goes on a rage mode and is like x200 stronger and probz more that i have forgot about its been that long

Hurricane

LOM2
Loyal Member
Oct 25, 2018
LMAO I legit thought you were joking there.. Wait... You were joking right?
No he's not kidding, I'd say this guy has some serious issues that make him hate every single person/files even himself :LOL:

Hurricane

LOM2
Loyal Member
Oct 25, 2018
i'd recommend Crystal files too like others mentioned above,almost best files to work on atm and the other projects been out dated years ago and no one using them any more

Akuma

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 6, 2006
looks like i have my answer, thank you all again for your information and feedback, files downloaded, databases installed, client updated, login works,
now time to customize and roll back the time

VirUs

Reactions: booHA and Omnibus

Akuma

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 6, 2006
Appreciate that thank you. Forgot how much fun it was reworking files. Slowly making my way through the map info atm. About 1/5 of the way through and only one problem found so far with the info

xXxLegendxXx

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 26, 2019
Thats just my opinion that crystal files are not that great, no need to attack me ffs.

I've seen many backdoors on these files and the PvP there is always unbalanced, warriors suck and I happen to be main warrior class.

Basic Crystal Files and Edens elite client are a do not touch for me personally. However if you take crystal files and modify them at a professional level then they would become advanced and that's another different topic, advanced crystal files are cool although there aren't many! Most foreign folk use basic crystal along with someone else's database then release that server with their own custom gameshop.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
I've seen many backdoors on these files and the PvP there is always unbalanced, warriors suck and I happen to be main warrior class.

Basic Crystal Files and Edens elite client are a do not touch for me personally.

Main crystal files don't have any backdoors, just in case someone thinks of listening to this idiot.

Obviously if you're going to use someone else's modified files (like Eden) then you can expect to have potential exploits.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Thats just my opinion that crystal files are not that great, no need to attack me ffs.

Basic Crystal Files and Edens elite client are a do not touch for me personally. However if you take crystal files and modify them at a professional level then they would become advanced and that's another different topic, advanced crystal files are cool although there aren't many! Most foreign folk use basic crystal along with someone else's database then release that server with their own custom gameshop.
Is this not down to the server owners rather than the files?
You talk out of yer backside.