A few questions...

Janae

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 18, 2007
Ok couldnt get the 7600GT had to resort to the x1650 pro

Just a couple of things im unsure of....

1) What settings should i employ to the card, I had it set to full pelt including advanced antialiasing and high anisophic filtering, ran C&C 3 and was fine..(was a bit jerky on menus because of crap processor but all in all was great had all graphic options set to ultra high including shadows and shaders) but when I ran mir it struggled....im a bit baffled so is it the card settings that need changing? if so what do you suggest?

2) Also do you reccomend downloading new drivers or are the drivers within the box sufficient? shop said thed be fine..but im not so sure...

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
I have the same graphics card and it plays all my games fine on full graphics settings, thats oblivion, wow, guild wars and i cant see it struggling on mir lol
I'm using the omega driver's

here's the one i got
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=589461

Edit: the card in the links not the same as mine, they dont sell mine anymore!
Not much difference though mine has GDDR3 Ram @1.4ghz and gpu speed is 625Mhz

Last edited:

Janae

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 18, 2007
I removed all nvidia drivers, like i said c&c 3 runs fine, had trouble with Splinter Cell 4, had to reduce the card settings for it not to crash but the models are wirey (if that makes sense and goes to normal sometimes when i turn mouse) trying it on full card settings now.

Ill go to guru 3d and get some optimsed drivers see if that helps.

Janae

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 18, 2007
I removed all nvidia drivers, like i said c&c 3 runs fine, had trouble with Splinter Cell 4, had to reduce the card settings for it not to crash but the models are wirey (if that makes sense and goes to normal sometimes when i turn mouse) trying it on full card settings now.

Ill go to guru 3d and get some optimsed drivers see if that helps.

Driver fixed it, still jumpy in fmv so i need a new processor.