a great idea for sharing those all inportant mir files!

Good idea?

• Brilliant!

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • okay..

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • crap..

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters

ssj4songohan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 30, 2003
ok an idea came to me when i was launching my DC++ server for the second time, why not instead of uploading all your files to a FTP, instead join a dedicated to mir DC++ server, where you can share the files needed without searching for space ect,

if we want a dedicated Server ill host it as im currently hosting a server anyways 24/7 for DC++, if you think this is a good idea post :).

ssj4songohan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 30, 2003
come on guys, ive i have 15 votes for yes i will host it and post details ect

ssj4songohan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 30, 2003
Ok the hub is now up, hopefully 24/7,

Firstly go and download DC++ from
http://download.com.com/3000-2196-10250900.html?tag=lst-0-1

Then install the program, load it in, type your username , description of the mir files you are sharing eg server files (atleast 1gb share :D i share 26 gig of games and stuff fell free to share other things),

then goto sharing and set the files to be shared (as i said 1gb minimal (its the least amount i can set it to be shared other than for operators))
then go into downloads folder, where you can select where the files download to, eg finished downloads to C:/Downloads/, unfished downloads to C:/Unfinished/, now press ok. Click the monitor icon below File Tab, then a new screen shall appear goto the bottom right of the screen where it has *Manual Connect* then a box, in the box type this EXACTLY not case sensitve : TrialHub.no-ip.com

now a new window should appear and you should connect to my hubs, to see what files people are sharing right click their names and click 'Get File list'

let it download then to download a file just select it and right click and select download :D

thats everything basically.

hint for when sharing a file for a server:
On the sharing screen their is a thing called 'slots' this is how many people can download from you at once increase this to around 5-10 so multiplepeople can download off you :)