a idea

stonecold316

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 2, 2009
this might sound bizarre but im just wondering if its possible

i was thinking of doing a quest where for instance :
everyone in game collects items say for instance ermm gold chestnuts
and once they reach a certain amount there is a invasion , but instead of a message
coming up saying theres an invasion a song starts to play on everymap , to let every one know about it rather than just the usual message can it be done ?
stonecold

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
i never have the sound on tbh

You can hear mob before you see them. This can tell you the presence of a certain type of mob. This was especially useful in the early days before mobs on the minimap.

As for the idea, nah.
Invasions are old hat, boring and lag servers.

What you could have, maybe, is an NPC appear to the holder of the items, and he gets the choice of a money or item reward.

Upvote 0

steve

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 20, 2005
Reading
when i played euro mir i had it on especially in bc for et's :) but now i only play high rates theres not point

Upvote 0

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
when i played euro mir i had it on especially in bc for et's :) but now i only play high rates theres not point

Agreed. No point in sound on high rates. Your game performance increases with the sound turned off too :) (not sure if thats accurate actually. :blush:)

Upvote 0

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
havnt used sound in years and no its not possible to play to every player

unless u set a global variable, then on an npc some1 regually uses, such as store... if globals set then play osund and maybe a little line msg to that user only...

it means no1 would hear it at the same time tho

Upvote 0